nyali

Request for additional form, help

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello all,

I submitted my AOS documents on 10/03 to the NVC, I filled out the form 864 as well as my joint sponsor as I am currently unemployed. My joint sponsor listed her husband on the form 864. With that said, we somehow didn't realize that he also needed to submit the form 864a. The NVC sent my request back stating that he needed to fill this out.

I have looked at the form, and there is a portion that I need assistance with.

Part 2 of this form is the Sponsor's promise states....

"I the Sponsor (Name of Sponsor), in consideration of the household member's promise to support the following intending immigrant and to be jointly....., promise to complete and file an affidavit of support on behalf of the following indicate number named intending immigrants.

The portion listed as indicate number, am I just writing the number 1 if it's just the person who is being sponsored? in this case my husband / the applicant?

Please advice,

thanks.

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Nobody ever responded to this, but let me respond just in case there is somebody in the future with this question...

I answered "1" for number / question on the form and the NVC never returned it, so I guess that was the answer. There were many reviews on this request, but nobody ever said anything.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.