Alex&Manny

What happens after?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone!

My fiance is out in Ciudad Juarez at the consulate. His interview is on Thursday.

When and if he gets handed his package from DHL - what happens next? What does he get? Where does he go? What's the nearest airport? :unsure:

:help:

XO

Unless you anticipate inadmissibility/needing a waiver or something, he should get his visa and possibly an additional Packet Which Should Not Be Opened for the POE officials to work with when he enters the US.

From there, he can do whatever, he's got 6 months to enter the US, I believe (K1 visa filers is that true?). He can either cross the border by land (in which case I believe his packet will specify a specific bridge he should use for the land border into El Paso), or he can fly into any US airport. Ciudad Juarez has the tiniest airport I think I've ever been in, but they have like 3-4 airlines that fly into various cities. Usually flights between the US and Ciudad Juarez are pretty expensive, so he might want to get out to a bigger hub city like Tijuana, Monterrey, GDL, DF and fly from there to the US, or else cross via land and fly out of El Paso, which is usually way cheaper than flying out of Juarez.

Long story short, we have a complicated case. We've been at this for nearly 5 years. You can read our story here. I highly recommend our attorney Laurel Scott, as well as attorneys Laura Fernandez and Lizz Cannon .

Filed I-130 via CSC in Feb 2008. Petition approved June 2008. Consular interview in Mexico, Oct 2008, visa denied, INA 212a6cii. We allege improper application of the law in this case.

2012, started over in Seoul: I-130 filed DCF on 7/2, I-130 approved 8/8, Medical at Yonsei Severance 11/20, IR1 appointment in November 2012.

CRBA filed 1-3-13 at Seoul for our daughter

4MLHm5.pngCzLqp9.png

You can find me at

Immigrate2us.net as Los G :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Unless you anticipate inadmissibility/needing a waiver or something, he should get his visa and possibly an additional Packet Which Should Not Be Opened for the POE officials to work with when he enters the US.

From there, he can do whatever, he's got 6 months to enter the US, I believe (K1 visa filers is that true?). He can either cross the border by land (in which case I believe his packet will specify a specific bridge he should use for the land border into El Paso), or he can fly into any US airport. Ciudad Juarez has the tiniest airport I think I've ever been in, but they have like 3-4 airlines that fly into various cities. Usually flights between the US and Ciudad Juarez are pretty expensive, so he might want to get out to a bigger hub city like Tijuana, Monterrey, GDL, DF and fly from there to the US, or else cross via land and fly out of El Paso, which is usually way cheaper than flying out of Juarez.

Thank you so much! We weren't sure if/when approved and given everything he would have to travel from El Paso with no other options!

But at least now we can look up cheap air fare from either Mexico to Chicago or El Paso to Chicago.

Southwest seems to have some nice deals. :thumbs:

Thanks again! XO

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.