G0ds1ay3r

Calling NVC every day

11 posts in this topic

We are still waiting on our i-864 RFE to have it's final review; its been over a month since they have had it and last week we called them to have it fast tracked.

We called them up today thinking that it would be 'case complete' since we have not received any new checklists but low and behold its still being reviewed.

Not sure what is taking them so long to review it; should we be worried? I just hope if they need any more evidence they hurry up and give us our check list so we can get it sorted ASAP.

Should we call them everyday? doesn't that annoy the NVC people?

Like most of you lot; our lives are on hold until this immigration stuff has gone through; it is stressful and we are so over it.

We sent them in the RFE the following:

- Actual signed joint sponsor i-864 (not photocopied)

- Explaination of why we had no w2's for 2011

- Payslip for my wifes(USC)job here in NZ

- Photocopy of 2011 tax return complete with signatures and dates

- Proof of US domicile (Lease on house)

Surely this information does not take a month to verify and send us another checklist?

Thanks

S&J

Edited by scottjess

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

We sent them in the RFE the following:

- Actual signed joint sponsor i-864 (not photocopied)

- Explaination of why we had no w2's for 2011

- Payslip for my wifes(USC)job here in NZ

- Photocopy of 2011 tax return complete with signatures and dates

- Proof of US domicile (Lease on house)

Surely this information does not take a month to verify and send us another checklist?

Thanks

S&J

how did u go about doing the NZ police clearance? did u send the filled form with the IV packet?

how did u go about doing the NZ police clearance? did u send the filled form with the IV packet?

Sent the form to the US consulate in New Zealand which it says to do and then the US consulate in NZ sends it to the NVC.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

Sent the form to the US consulate in New Zealand which it says to do and then the US consulate in NZ sends it to the NVC.

i am confused..im in Fiji but stayed in NZ for a year while studying there....dont know i should send the form to NZ consulate or Fiji consulate....have sent out the IV package with the police clearance i received from Ministry of justice on original letter head but not sure if it will be accepted....btw fedex sucks my package still going around the world since last tue NVC is yet to receive...phewww

Hi Scott 'n' Jess.

Yeah, call every day! I just called today (talked to them last on Friday after getting a false checklist) to find out that our case is complete (as of the 15th). They won't email you at this stage--they said they'd email next when an interview date is assigned.

There are three (maybe four) of us all at the similar stage to be interviewed in Auckland. Hope your case moves quickly. I know I'm getting antsy!

Heather

Hi Scott 'n' Jess.

Yeah, call every day! I just called today (talked to them last on Friday after getting a false checklist) to find out that our case is complete (as of the 15th). They won't email you at this stage--they said they'd email next when an interview date is assigned.

There are three (maybe four) of us all at the similar stage to be interviewed in Auckland. Hope your case moves quickly. I know I'm getting antsy!

Heather

NVC is starting to really get on my nerves. We called them yesterday and STILL no progress; apparently it is sitting on someone's desk unmoved since the 14th of September.

The person at the NVC said the next time we should call is the 30th of October which is 12 days away; we really want to be in the USA for Christmas but if they keep dragging their feet we will miss out.

Yay! Congrats! Now we can both sit and wait for Auckland to call the NVC and let them know what dates are available!

They told me there would be an email when the interview is assigned...did you hear the same?

Very exciting.....!

Heather

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.