BishopMnA

New to VJ - K1 Packet 3 Question

7 posts in this topic

Hello All, I have been using this board as reference for the past several months. Thank you all as it has been very beneficial!

On 10/27 (last Friday) the NVC gave me confirmation/case # that they have received my approved NOA2. If things go normal, it should be on its way to the Bangkok Embassy during the first week of November.

Here is my question, and I would appreciate your kind advice: I am traveling to Thailand to see Aam from November 17th-30th. If the Packet 3 has not been yet mailed to her house, can I go directly to the Embassy and pick up the Packet 3 Forms there, fill them out, and submit them directly to the Embassy as well? That would be quite a time saver/stress saver if it were possible. Also, I know that it is possible to download all forms as well from the Embassy website. If I were to do that, could I then fill them out in advance and take them directly to the Embassy while I'm in BKK?

Another question, now that I have the NVC case #, can I have Aam schedule her medical appt? I have the approved medical doctor offices from the Embassy website. I thought I could download those forms and get this out of the way as well while I'm there.

Peace to All,

Mark - N - Aam

“Acquire the spirit of peace, and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” - Saint Seraphim of Sarov

49893.gif

"The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” - Pablo Casals

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Good question, From the timelines posted on VJ that consulate tends to process the cases sent by NVC fairly quickly and send out packet 3 probably before you get there.

Look at the timelines here to get an idea how long it takes for them to receive package from NVC until they send out packet 3.

The website for that embassy is much better than most you can look up when an interview is scheduled there, and they have all their packet 3 forms on line for download.

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/services/visa/index.htm

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the board!

My answer is no and no.

You can't not pick package3 from them, you can, however, download the form and fill it out so you can return the package3 ASAP.

I don't think you will get an appointment either. Med exam can only be done when you have the package4 AKA appointment letter.

Steve (WA,US) & Anne (SH,CN)

P1..............2004/10/04

P2..............2005/01/10

P3..............2005/04/07

P4..............2005/08/02

Interview.....2005/09/19

Married.......2005/10/29

Filed I-485...2005/12/17

RFE submit...2006/02/27

Interview......2006/08/31

Fingerprint....2006/09/07

wel letter......2006/09/19

I-551...........2006/10/02

Share my experiences with you, China-->U.S.

Check out my website : Click here

I am not an attorny, but someone did what you are doing or going to do.

Filed: Timeline

MarkNAam,

One used to be able to go to the consulate in Bangkok and pick up the K-visa application materials as recently as 2 years ago. Don't know if they still allow it, some procedures have changed because BNK is a very busy consulate.

Note that while you may fill out the forms for Aam, this is her visa application not yours. You can assist her, but she is the responsible person. Keep that perspective in mind.

Yodrak

Hello All, I have been using this board as reference for the past several months. Thank you all as it has been very beneficial!

On 10/27 (last Friday) the NVC gave me confirmation/case # that they have received my approved NOA2. If things go normal, it should be on its way to the Bangkok Embassy during the first week of November.

Here is my question, and I would appreciate your kind advice: I am traveling to Thailand to see Aam from November 17th-30th. If the Packet 3 has not been yet mailed to her house, can I go directly to the Embassy and pick up the Packet 3 Forms there, fill them out, and submit them directly to the Embassy as well? That would be quite a time saver/stress saver if it were possible. Also, I know that it is possible to download all forms as well from the Embassy website. If I were to do that, could I then fill them out in advance and take them directly to the Embassy while I'm in BKK?

Another question, now that I have the NVC case #, can I have Aam schedule her medical appt? I have the approved medical doctor offices from the Embassy website. I thought I could download those forms and get this out of the way as well while I'm there.

Peace to All,

Mark - N - Aam

Edited by Yodrak

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
..snip.. I don't think you will get an appointment either. Med exam can only be done when you have the package4 AKA appointment letter.

Um, I don't know about the process in China, but I have been told that for Thailand my fiance can go ahead and get her medical exam now, and its good for one year, and can even be used within that time frame for her AOS once she gets to the USA.

Bill

I-129f Journey:

2006-07-17 I-129F sent to CSC

2006-07-24 NOA1 (received)

2006-10-05 RFE (received)

2006-10-06 RFE (returned to CSC)

2006-10-23 NOA2

2007-01-29 Visa Approved!

2007-02-17 Ceremony in Thailand

2007-02-21 POE LAX - Fiance and her daughter enter the USA together, Easy-Peasy!

2007-03-05 Wedding in USA

AOS Journey:

2007-06-07 AOS for spouse and daughter sent

2007-06-16 NOA's arrive, (issued on the 13th)

2007-07-05 Biometrics

2007-07-13 Received RFE (Mailed on July 3rd)

2007-08-06 Returned RFE

2007-10-16 Interview date

2007-10-27 Green Cards Received!

ROC (I-751) Journey:

2009-07-24 Joint I-751 for spouse and daughter sent

2009-08-03 Received NOA1 dated 7/27/09

2009-08-03 Received Receipt and one year extension for wife

2009-08-03 Received "Verification Of Incusion Of A Dependent" for step-daughter

2009-08-27 Biometrics

2009-11-13 Green Cards Received

Citizenship Journey:

Filed: Timeline

rosyanne,

Bangkok is not Guangzhou.

Yodrak

My answer is no and no.

You can't not pick package3 from them, you can, however, download the form and fill it out so you can return the package3 ASAP.

I don't think you will get an appointment either. Med exam can only be done when you have the package4 AKA appointment letter.

Edited by Yodrak

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.