sheraz

I130 not yet touched

4 posts in this topic

My reciept date is 07-21-05. The only thing I have recieved so far is NOA1. My wife got her K3 visa and is coming to the USA. Customer service assigned a generic inquiry number and said to wait 30 days to call after 30 days to see what happened to the I130. Customer service just reads the same thing I see on the website. What should I do next . Get a lawyer.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
My reciept date is 07-21-05. The only thing I have recieved so far is NOA1. My wife got her K3 visa and is coming to the USA. Customer service assigned a generic inquiry number and said to wait 30 days to call after 30 days to see what happened to the I130. Customer service just reads the same thing I see on the website. What should I do next . Get a lawyer.

Strangely, your case is not technically 'overdue' yet. When the posted processing date is 30 days over your NOA date, *then* you can contact the 1-800# and complain. However, odds are that your case is being looked at now.

Is your wife planning on using the I-130 for an immigrant visa or is she going to adjust status? If the latter, you don't really have to 'do' anything with the I-130--as I understand it, filing I-485 will bring it all together in its appropriate time.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Strangely, your case is not technically 'overdue' yet. When the posted processing date is 30 days over your NOA date, *then* you can contact the 1-800# and complain. However, odds are that your case is being looked at now.

Is your wife planning on using the I-130 for an immigrant visa or is she going to adjust status? If the latter, you don't really have to 'do' anything with the I-130--as I understand it, filing I-485 will bring it all together in its appropriate time.

I wanter her to go for consular processing because of the long AOS processing times. However if I-130 is not approved during the next few weeks, we will have to fill out the I-485. What is worrying me is that some of the timeline on VJ for CSC show I-130 filled out after mine. I just hope the file is not lost

Thanks for the info

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I wanter her to go for consular processing because of the long AOS processing times. However if I-130 is not approved during the next few weeks, we will have to fill out the I-485. What is worrying me is that some of the timeline on VJ for CSC show I-130 filled out after mine. I just hope the file is not lost

Thanks for the info

I don't understand the urgency to file I-485. She has the option of coming to the US with the K-3 and letting the I-130 go on its merry way to the NVC and on to Consular Processing---that is one of that stated purposes of the K-3 visa, that she can wait in the US with you. Maybe you should look into that more, to allay your concerns.

Your I-130 is still within the posted processing date... someone else's case just got finished before yours.

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.