ellaparu

VISA APPROVED!!!!! *FUNNY EXPERIENCE*

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

7:00 AM- Arrived at Manila USEM. There was a long line already. I found out that immigrant applicants or k1 applicants have a different line. They asked for my DS forms, appointment letter and then passport. The lady put a sticker(bar code) on the back of my passport.

After that, I went inside for security check. Manong Guard asked me if I got electronics with me, I said, "No." and went inside.

Next is the line for getting your queue number. My lucky number is.. Tan tananan tanan!! "6151." After that. I went to Window 39. I dropped my forms there.

Ten minutes waiting. Window 40. The lady just asked for 2x2 pictures since the pics I submitted on St. Lukes are wrong, I was wearing necklace and didnt notice.

More waiting. About half an hour more and it was time for finger scanning.

I went back to my seat after that, and then guess again... I waited for my number to be called. One and a half more. Finally, my number was called. This time for the Filipino Screener. She was nice, I guess I got lucky since almost everyone who posted here on Vj said Filipino officers can be mean. She just asked more papers, like: BC, CENOMAR, NBI Clearance, 2011 ITR, W-2 2011, too. She then asked if she can see the photos of me and my fiance. And then, travel itineraries, and proofs of genuine relationship. She told me to show it to the CO if they ever ask for it.

Back to my seat again. Almost 11 AM. My number is finally called. This was the fun part. The CO is a pretty lady with brown hair. A brunette I guess? hehe (Peace yo officer! Love ya!)

So she was all smiling at me right from the moment I came, I told her "Good morninggggg!!" I realized I sound silly because I sound like singing. Haha. I was just happy and excited. She said "Good morning.", too. She asked me to raise my right hand, and swear to tell nothing but the truth. I said, "Yes, okay!"

Then the questions began for about five minutes:

CO: So. What do you love about your fiance?(LOL. I was a little shocked because I thought she is going to ask for my petitioner's name first, just like the pips here)

Me: My fiance is a great dancer!(laughs. The CO started laughing too.)

CO: Really? How did you know that he is such a great dancer??? (She was still smiling at me)

Me: I caught him break dancing at four AM in the morning! :lol: Oh, and I love his sense of humor, too. :lol: (The CO's face was like this--> :no: and then.. :lol: )

CO: Really? Wow... Cool... SO how did the you meet?

Me: I met him online on cebuanas.com

CO: OHHH, are you a Cebuana?

Me: No, Ma'am, I am not.

CO: How old is your fiance?

Me: 35.

CO: You're okay with that? (She asked me this in a very careful tone. I'm relieved)

Me: OF COURSEEEE MA'AM mmmmmmm.. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!( I sounded like singing it was a very long tone)

CO: How many times has he been here?

Me: FOUR times.

CO: Four? That's good.

Me: Yes.

CO: Can i see your pictures together?

Me: Sure. (handed her my scrap book. she flipped through the pages. and asked more questions about the pics.)

CO: So what does he do for a living?

Me: He's an ophthalmic photographer. ( I was about to explain what my fiance's job is but she cut me out)

CO: OHHH.. He's a photographer! That's why your pictures look good together!! :lol: (HAHA I laughed at this one since I thought it was a joke.)

Me: Hehe :yes:

CO: Okay.... So I guess I'm going to approve your visa since YOUR FIANCE CAN BREAK DANCE AT FOUR IN THE MORNING.

Me: (clueless --> :blink::wow::o )

CO: Okay. Congratulations! Your visa is approved!!! ( I dont know but she sounded like I won "champion" on a beauty pageant)

Me: Really?????? Wow... THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!! :lol::D (Started walking on cloud nine after that)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay guys. Thank you for reading! I hope I made you guys entertained. :lol:

Oh, and for all those who are still waiting for their upcoming interview, just relax and be confident. Make sure you got complete papers too. Be POLITE AND ALWAYS SMILE LIKE THIS: :D and of course, PRAY!

It helps!

Have a good day!!!

P.S.

Night before the interview, I was feeling really nervous. I bought a stick of cigar and smoked outside Lotus Garden Hotel. After that, I went upstairs to go back to my room. (That time, I didn't have the key with me since my mom just told me to knock on the door cos she will open it for me.)

I knocked on RM. 2209. It was too late when I realized that my room is 3309!!!! I was so shocked to see an American guy opening the door for me. My face was like... :o:help::(

And he was like... :huh: I blurted out: "Soooorryyy!!!" and then ran away like an idiot! HAHAHA just sharing guys. Oh well, that's life. I hope he didn't think I am a prostitute or something. :(

Lesson of the story: LEARN TO RELAX AND STOP STRESSING YOURSELF BEFORE THE INTERVIEW. LEARN TO READ MAPS, TOO ASAP. :lol:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

you're really funny and :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: on the P.S. part! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Our K1 Visa Journey
California Service Center
07/13/12 - I-129F Sent
07/18/12 - NOA1
10/29/12 - NOA2
11/02/12 - NOA2 hard copy
11/05/12 - NVC Received
11/06/12 - MNL Case Number Assigned
12/17-18/12 - Medical Exam
12/27/12 - Interview Day
12/27/12 - CFO done

01/13/13 - Visa On Hand

02/28/13 - POE

04/19/13 - Wedding Day

Till I Found You

My Interview Experience

AOS

National Benefits Center

05/28/13 - I-485/ I-765 Sent

06/04/13 - NOA

06/27/13 - Biometrics Appointment

07/16/13 - AOS status: Ready for Testing and Interview
07/25/13 - AOS status: Scheduled Interview on August 26, 2013
07/29/13 - EAD status: Card Production
08/02/13 - EAD Card Mailed
08/05/13 - EAD Card Delivered
08/26/13 - AOS Interview (Approved)
08/26/13 - AOS status: Permanent Resident Status Registered
08/29/13 - AOS status: Card Production
08/30/13 - AOS Card Mailed

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

7:00 AM- Arrived at Manila USEM. There was a long line already. I found out that immigrant applicants or k1 applicants have a different line. They asked for my DS forms, appointment letter and then passport. The lady put a sticker(bar code) on the back of my passport.

After that, I went inside for security check. Manong Guard asked me if I got electronics with me, I said, "No." and went inside.

Next is the line for getting your queue number. My lucky number is.. Tan tananan tanan!! "6151." After that. I went to Window 39. I dropped my forms there.

Ten minutes waiting. Window 40. The lady just asked for 2x2 pictures since the pics I submitted on St. Lukes are wrong, I was wearing necklace and didnt notice.

More waiting. About half an hour more and it was time for finger scanning.

I went back to my seat after that, and then guess again... I waited for my number to be called. One and a half more. Finally, my number was called. This time for the Filipino Screener. She was nice, I guess I got lucky since almost everyone who posted here on Vj said Filipino officers can be mean. She just asked more papers, like: BC, CENOMAR, NBI Clearance, 2011 ITR, W-2 2011, too. She then asked if she can see the photos of me and my fiance. And then, travel itineraries, and proofs of genuine relationship. She told me to show it to the CO if they ever ask for it.

Back to my seat again. Almost 11 AM. My number is finally called. This was the fun part. The CO is a pretty lady with brown hair. A brunette I guess? hehe (Peace yo officer! Love ya!)

So she was all smiling at me right from the moment I came, I told her "Good morninggggg!!" I realized I sound silly because I sound like singing. Haha. I was just happy and excited. She said "Good morning.", too. She asked me to raise my right hand, and swear to tell nothing but the truth. I said, "Yes, okay!"

Then the questions began for about five minutes:

CO: So. What do you love about your fiance?(LOL. I was a little shocked because I thought she is going to ask for my petitioner's name first, just like the pips here)

Me: My fiance is a great dancer!(laughs. The CO started laughing too.)

CO: Really? How did you know that he is such a great dancer??? (She was still smiling at me)

Me: I caught him break dancing at four AM in the morning! :lol: Oh, and I love his sense of humor, too. :lol: (The CO's face was like this--> :no: and then.. :lol: )

CO: Really? Wow... Cool... SO how did the you meet?

Me: I met him online on cebuanas.com

CO: OHHH, are you a Cebuana?

Me: No, Ma'am, I am not.

CO: How old is your fiance?

Me: 35.

CO: You're okay with that? (She asked me this in a very careful tone. I'm relieved)

Me: OF COURSEEEE MA'AM mmmmmmm.. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!( I sounded like singing it was a very long tone)

CO: How many times has he been here?

Me: FOUR times.

CO: Four? That's good.

Me: Yes.

CO: Can i see your pictures together?

Me: Sure. (handed her my scrap book. she flipped through the pages. and asked more questions about the pics.)

CO: So what does he do for a living?

Me: He's an ophthalmic photographer. ( I was about to explain what my fiance's job is but she cut me out)

CO: OHHH.. He's a photographer! That's why your pictures look good together!! :lol: (HAHA I laughed at this one since I thought it was a joke.)

Me: Hehe :yes:

CO: Okay.... So I guess I'm going to approve your visa since YOUR FIANCE CAN BREAK DANCE AT FOUR IN THE MORNING.

Me: (clueless --> :blink::wow::o )

CO: Okay. Congratulations! Your visa is approved!!! ( I dont know but she sounded like I won "champion" on a beauty pageant)

Me: Really?????? Wow... THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!! :lol::D (Started walking on cloud nine after that)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay guys. Thank you for reading! I hope I made you guys entertained. :lol:

Oh, and for all those who are still waiting for their upcoming interview, just relax and be confident. Make sure you got complete papers too. Be POLITE AND ALWAYS SMILE LIKE THIS: :D and of course, PRAY!

It helps!

Have a good day!!!

P.S.

Night before the interview, I was feeling really nervous. I bought a stick of cigar and smoked outside Lotus Garden Hotel. After that, I went upstairs to go back to my room. (That time, I didn't have the key with me since my mom just told me to knock on the door cos she will open it for me.)

I knocked on RM. 2209. It was too late when I realized that my room is 3309!!!! I was so shocked to see an American guy opening the door for me. My face was like... :o:help::(

And he was like... :huh: I blurted out: "Soooorryyy!!!" and then ran away like an idiot! HAHAHA just sharing guys. Oh well, that's life. I hope he didn't think I am a prostitute or something. :(

Lesson of the story: LEARN TO RELAX AND STOP STRESSING YOURSELF BEFORE THE INTERVIEW. LEARN TO READ MAPS, TOO ASAP. :lol:

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.