Veronik

Change of Adress

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone,

My husband and I bought a house in August and moved in in late September. I will be sending in my application for ROC in late December, but I was wondering if I need to let USCIS know that I moved before I apply or if I can just change the address on the ROC forms? Just trying to make sure the process goes smoothly. I know there's a form, A-something for change of adress, right?

What are you thoughts, experience, etc?

Edited by Vero and Chris

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

You need to advise USCIS of any change of address. When I moved I simply changed it online, nice and easy or you can use the AR-11 form.

Hi everyone,

My husband and I bought a house in August and moved in in late September. I will be sending in my application for ROC in late December, but I was wondering if I need to let USCIS know that I moved before I apply or if I can just change the address on the ROC forms? Just trying to make sure the process goes smoothly. I know there's a form, A-something for change of adress, right?

What are you thoughts, experience, etc?

Edited by tazzie

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, you need to file your change of address now. You can file the AR-11 online, it only takes a minute. Also make sure your husband files the I-865 to change his address as your sponsor. You need to mail this one in. As an LPR you have a legal obligation to let USCIS know each time you move... but don't be surprised if they don't update their files and you get an ROC reminder letter sent to your old address.

Timeline

Thank you! This helps!

So am I in trouble because I'm a month late in letting them know? Been kind of crazy busy with the move and all...

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Timeline

Technically according to their website you have to do it within 10 days..

I just saw on the form for the Sponsor that it's within 30 days...

So what now??? I mean, what kind of trouble am I in???

We bought the house in August, but we physically didn't move until late September... Now I'm officially freaked

Edited by Vero and Chris

Timeline

I just saw on the form for the Sponsor that it's within 30 days...

So what now??? I mean, what kind of trouble am I in???

We bought the house in August, but we physically didn't move until late September... Now I'm officially freaked

sponsor is 30 days yes but if you read the ar-11 form it says 10 days right on it. just do it now asap. i would not worry too much. have you changed your address with anyone else? usps etc? drivers licence? if so just use that day as your official change of address date.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Yes, my husband and I started changing our address with everything as we went along since the house is 5 minutes down the road. We had a lot of work to do to the house, so we didn't move in immediately. We figured we'd change things as bills came in, etc. What a stupid idea this was, right?

It's done now, nothing I can do to change it. It'll probably be a huge deal, RFE or whatever, even though it's not, but there's nothing I can change about it. I love how something as simple as this can add so much stress on people. Just awesome

Timeline

Yes, my husband and I started changing our address with everything as we went along since the house is 5 minutes down the road. We had a lot of work to do to the house, so we didn't move in immediately. We figured we'd change things as bills came in, etc. What a stupid idea this was, right?

It's done now, nothing I can do to change it. It'll probably be a huge deal, RFE or whatever, even though it's not, but there's nothing I can change about it. I love how something as simple as this can add so much stress on people. Just awesome

just relax...you bought a home its normal to start changing address's over a bit at a time. i made sure to update my address 3 times with them since moving here and it seems uscis couldn't care since they still have my old address from 2010 listed on the letters they just sent me to do my roc :). just do it online takes 5 mins and keep confirmation it gives you. and Vero...remember to BREATHE lol.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

I'm FREAKING OUT, I just tried to process it online, it wouldn't go through, I called USCIS and they told me I had to either complete it online or print it off and mail it in... And that for some people, it doesn't go through online!

I'm freaking out, I had no idea about the delay period, and all in all I'm probably fine. It's just that I changed my license in September, like 3 weeks after my husband change his address, we changed stuff as we went. We had no idea it was going to be a big deal!!!

AM I going to get kicked out of the country for this???

:crying:

I'm FREAKING OUT, I just tried to process it online, it wouldn't go through, I called USCIS and they told me I had to either complete it online or print it off and mail it in... And that for some people, it doesn't go through online!

I'm freaking out, I had no idea about the delay period, and all in all I'm probably fine. It's just that I changed my license in September, like 3 weeks after my husband change his address, we changed stuff as we went. We had no idea it was going to be a big deal!!!

AM I going to get kicked out of the country for this???

:crying:

Don't worry Vero, every thing will be fine :D Just mail the form in if it's not working online, they will mail you a confirmation letter saying you changed your addy!

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Timeline

I have sent it in past the 10 days a few times and I am still here... lol

Thank you! When I read your post on Saturday morning, I was able to breathe again! I had to leave work early on Friday I was in such a panic! (In my defense, I quit smoking about a month ago, and certain things can set me off, ouf!)

I sent the form in overnight and did the same with the Sponsor's form on Saturday. Better late than never as they say!

Timeline

I sent mine almost a month late, and it wasn't a problem for me either. You'll be fine!

Thank you! Very reassuring :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.