Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

I-751 (Nov 2011) still pending because wife complained, what are my options

4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Timeline

Hi guys,

I need urgent advice.

I got my conditional green card in Jan 2010. I have been married for 3 years now.

My relationship with my family revolved around her parents. They degraded me so many time and interfered in every single thing. They have treaten me many times that they will deport me and I actually have recording once time when I had argument with my wife. They treated me like ######.

-> Actually my wife lied and complained against me to immigration in july last year, accusing me of fraud. But I have tons of eveidence that is not the case. I spent 50K on my marriage and everything was out of love.

-> We applied joint I-751 in Oct 2011.

--> She got a call in May 2012 from immigration regarding the complaint, she said everything is fine and that we are together.

--> I got a letter from immigration for second interview and then she revealed about the complaint. we had a argument and she left the house.

I consulted an attorney and he is saying I should go for waiver as she is not reliable . Any advice regarding waiver? as I am not divorced yet. Thanks in advance

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Other Timeline


Sorry to hear about your situation...

you did not say whether you were planning on getting a divorce.

In order to apply for a waiver

One must show

1) That one entered into the marriage in good faith, but that the marriage was terminated in

divorce; and/or

2) That one entered into the marriage on good faith, but the married was terminated due to the

death of the United State Citizen spouse; and/or

3) That one entered into the marriage in good faith, and that one was subjected to physical

battering and/or extreme mental cruelty; and/or

4) That one would suffer extreme hardship if returned to his/her country of origin.

I am not sure if you were subject to physical or mental abuse/battery .. and if so how you can prove that. I have heard this type of waiver applications are scrutinized thoroughly ... without an abuse police report or medical report I think option 3 is far fetched ...

In order to go by option 1, you have to be divorced... You could submit the waiver application before getting the final divorce decree, but USCIS will eventually send an RFE for divorce documents. By that time if you are able to get the final divorce, you can send them.

Good luck

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Timeline


Thanks for the reply. I spoke to an divorce attorney. He is saying that it will take 6 months to process divorce.

Its taking a while to process I-751 , I may get divorce papers till when my turn comes after at VSC(VSC 10 month processing).

My immigration attorney is going for this option:

-> That one entered into the marriage in good faith, and that one was subjected to physical

battering and/or extreme mental cruelty; and/or

According to him I will get another extension letter and will submit affidavits and copy of audio and other evidence.

I dont see another option right now.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...