katie1990

So I had my AOS interview today...kind of not what i expected but im even more confused now..i need advice please

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Honduras
Timeline

We got to the Los Angeles office at 12:20 there wasnt much line. But for some reason it was super slow needless to say we got inside the building at 2:20 (my appointment was at 2:00) My lawyer had already dropped the app letter at the window. We were the last to be called at 3:50. My lawyer mentioned that he hoped we didnt get these 2 specific ladies one because she was rude,the other because she didnt really know what she was doing and didnt like to be corrected,he said all the other were nice and straight forward.Well not so much luck,we were called in by the lady that didnt really know "basic immigration laws" Like for example that Honduras has TPS and she was adamant Honduras didnt :blink: ok after we were called right away she told me she had to "continue" my case because i had another file,she asked me what would it be for and i told her that i previously had TPS she said "no Hondurans dont have TPS" my lawyer told her yes they do and she said "no counsel i know right off the top of my head Honduras is not a TPS country" so my lawyer didnt say anything (he later explained she would find out for herself anyways)Then my lawyer asked her "before you proceed id like to explain her unique situation"she said no not yet i have to check some things first.Ok then my lawyer told her im now married.She then told him "counsel you know shes not elegible for "cyspa" which i later learned is the child status protection act,my lawyer quickly told her he didnt apply that to me,that i was just changing preferences and now i was under 3rd preference which im still current.She still pushed the issue but said she would look into it.(My lawyer said dont worry she doesnt know what shes talking about he triple checked and shell realize shes wrong) then she went on to "have you ever" i told her no for all except for i was arrested when i was 12 for something i didnt do ,and i told her i dont remeber what it was for.(I really didnt do it...unlike most people who say they didnt do it lol) she said ok ill write that down. Then she told me i hadnt turned in the $1000 dollar penalty i told her yes i did, so she checked and yes indeed i did pay. Then she said i had to prove that i was here December 20,2000 for 245i (so remember she first insisted i wasnt elegible,then asked me to prove i was here and the penalty fee :bonk: ) so i gave her all my school records from the year 1996-2010 every single year i went to school,she then said that was nt enough,that i needed specific information for December 2000 (you guys have no ideahow hard it was to get my ONLY school records and yet it wasnt enough :( ,so then she said do you have shot records,i said yes it also showed all the years i had my shots,she said they werent anywhere near December. So she said i had to find another sourse of evidense and she would RFE that. Then she said "ok let me take copies of your shot records and your school records and ill let you know whats gonna be the next step because i need to find your other file (which im positive was for the TPS i had) and see whats in there and thats gonna take me some time" so we waited outside and she came back with a piece of paper saying "further review pending the finding of another file" and to inquire if in 30 days we didnt hear anything and nothing else is needed from me at this time.My lawyer also noted she didnt RFE anything even though she said she was.Maybe she was satisfied with what we gave her in the end?Either way she didnt ask to see any of the "relationship i have with my father" only birth certificates and my passport.I was sad when we came out but even my lawyer said nothing negative happened if all we have to worry about is proving i was here december 2000 than AMEN to that :) Now these are my questions and i truly will appreciate it if anyone can advice me,why did she keep insisting about the child status protection act ? From what i know now that im married i just changed preference right? How could she not know that Honduras is a TPS country? And can my file be related to that sinse i never had anything else pertaining to immigration?could it be possible that she might RFE that later on even though she said she would put it down on the "continuance paper"she handed us? What now? Do i call after 30 days have gone by ?Might i be called for another interview or is it possible she might just approve me after seeing "the other file"?my lawyer said isinse thats all she wrote down she might just approve me without needing another interview. I need any and all advice i could get im saddened but at the same time at least its really no big deal what shes asking for. Thank you everyone.

June, 1996: EWI from Honduras and been here ever since !
April , 2001: American born father filed I-130
May 22 , 2012 : Lawyer sent AOS
June 10, 2012 : checks cashed
June 11, 2012 : NOA's arrived
June 13, 2012 : Biometrics appointment arrived for July 5th
June 19, 2012: Succesful walk-in at Bellflower,ca office
July 25, 2012 : First card production ordered text/email
July 30, 2012 : second card production ordered text/email
July 30 ,2012 : Third text/email approval notice sent
July 31,2012 : Fourth text/email usps reported it picked up email
Aug 2, 2012 : Fifth email USPS has delivered your new card at address on file
Sep 7,2012 : Text notification update: On September7th we mailed you an appointment notice for an interview for October 10,2012!!
Sep 10,2012: receieved interview letter in the mail for October 10 at LA field office!

May 6,2013 : Recieved email I-485 approved

May 10,2013: card document production ordered/ received Welcome letter

May 16,2013: Received Green Card in Mail!

Timeline

Anyone?Please? :unsure:

Sep 7,2012 : Text notification update: On September7th we mailed you an appointment notice for an interview for October 10,2012!!
Sep 10,2012: receieved interview letter in the mail for October 10 at LA field office!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Anyone?Please? :unsure:

I don't think you should worry about it. If she is not sure about it she has someone else more knowledgeable that will review it. I have a feeling you won't have a problem. Have faith.

Have you checked the status update?

How does the lady looks like?.... I hope I don't get her since it totally sounds like she us not suppose to be working there.

Sorry you did not get an approval on the spot. Will continue to pray for you mama.

I'm glad you did not get a denial.

Oh I'm so nervous now...

Edited by isa30

00fg9n74.png

EWI, TPS, ADVANCE PAROLE, AOS

05/30-(day 0)- AOS sent

06/01-(day 1)- AOS received

06/04-(day 4)- AOS acceptance

06/06-(day 6)-Txt/Email, routed to NBC

06/09-(day 9)-I-797 NOA received (Saturday)

06/11-(day 11)-Called to fix typographical error(Missing middle name on I-130)

06/20-(day 20)- Email received (Saying error fixed)

07/13-(day 43)Email: reused most recent biometrics, awaiting Indie status

09/10-(day 103)Humanitarian Expedite Request

9/13-(day 106) Interview October 17TH (TOTAL 139 DAYS)

9/17-APPROVED ON THE SPOT AND STAMP ON PASSPORT WHICH EXPIRES IN ONE YR!!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'll pray for your approval...

and always check your status update..God Bless :)

Adjusting from B2,married to my U.S army husband:-)

March 17-married in Las Vegas
June 11-AOS sent
June 13-touched
June 15-NOA1
June 26-Notice for Biometric
June 29-RFE notice(2011 tax)
July 09-Biometric 1:00 pm at Buena Park,CA
July 11-RFE sent
July 12-Notice I-30 transferred from CSC to NBC
July 16-Response Review
July 20-email saying I-30 transferred to USCIS office
Aug 07-recieved email for interview (Sept 10,2012)
Au9 09-interview letter in the mail at Santa Ana@10:30am
Aug 15-EAD card production
Aug 23-EAD card in hand
Sept 10-Interview Day-APPROVED ON THE SPOT..thank You God:-)
Nov 6-After info pass and Service request finally it updated to DECISION.....
Nov 9-Card Production
Nov 15-Green card in hand:-)

Timeline

I don't think you should worry about it. If she is not sure about it she has someone else more knowledgeable that will review it. I have a feeling you won't have a problem. Have faith.

Have you checked the status update?

How does the lady looks like?.... I hope I don't get her since it totally sounds like she us not suppose to be working there.

Sorry you did not get an approval on the spot. Will continue to pray for you mama.

I'm glad you did not get a denial.

Oh I'm so nervous now...

Hey girl! Thanks for your message yesterday i just saw it in my email! The immigration officer i had was a short "very overweight" (for lack of a better word)black lady,you know she was a nice lady she was just all over the freakin place :wacko: i would rather have had a strict mean officer but someone that knew what they were talking about! And we couldnt correct her because she got defensive,not agresively but she didnt like being corrected. On the other hand at least even though she was adamant she knew what she was talking about in the end all she wanted was to see my file after all the talking she did that nothing added up lol :lol: i seriously though we were gonna be handed this really long list of things jaja only to mark she needed to see my other file! My main question is if she might call me for another interview or will she just send me an approval or of course a denial (hope not) so at this point i dont even know how long to wait the paper says 30 days.... Either way dont worry you got it my case is a little complicated but dont worry im guessing they just want to be difficult and give you a hard time but youll be ok all are nice except for the 2 my lawyer mentioned (and he knows them because everytime one passed by they knew him and he knew them) so you will be ok what are the odds right?

I'll pray for your approval...

and always check your status update..God Bless :)

Thank you i guess more waiting!

Edited by katie1990

Timeline

Did u hear anything yet?? any update online?? Mine is approve on the spot IO handed as approval letter started with Welcome to thye United Stated but haven't gotten my GC yet :(

Hope you'll get your approval soon.have faith

June 11-AOS sent
June 13-touched
June 15-NOA1
July 11-RFE sent
July 16-Response Review
Aug 23-EAD card in hand
Nov 9-Card Production

Timeline

Did u hear anything yet?? any update online?? Mine is approve on the spot IO handed as approval letter started with Welcome to thye United Stated but haven't gotten my GC yet :(

Hope you'll get your approval soon.have faith

I just received the RFE for proof of physical presence on december 2000 , at least its something :unsure: hopefully after that ill receive a welcome letter :yes: ,,, thats weird you havent received tour green card,maybe its just a glitch and the officer somehow missed it! Please keep us updated on your infopass app God be With you!!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I just received the RFE for proof of physical presence on december 2000 , at least its something :unsure: hopefully after that ill receive a welcome letter :yes: ,,, thats weird you havent received tour green card,maybe its just a glitch and the officer somehow missed it! Please keep us updated on your infopass app God be With you!!

nothing happened to the info pass...told to come back next week its happened the IO forgot to order my GC and next time i dont have to make appt just walk in and lets see what will happened....he didnt stamp my passport told that int he system its still not approved although i got the welcome letter on the day of interview.....so lets see next month what will happen

June 11-AOS sent
June 13-touched
June 15-NOA1
July 11-RFE sent
July 16-Response Review
Aug 23-EAD card in hand
Nov 9-Card Production

Timeline

Cant believe he forgot to order your GC! I can only imagine all the stress youve gone through this month but thankfully it was just that he forgot! Youll get it soon especially now that youve made yourself known! Hopefully soon it will arrive. Ill be praying for you .

Timeline

Cant believe he forgot to order your GC! I can only imagine all the stress youve gone through this month but thankfully it was just that he forgot! Youll get it soon especially now that youve made yourself known! Hopefully soon it will arrive. Ill be praying for you .

Yeah I feel like wow of all many people why me??? lol well,good thing is I got a job now and that helps me to lessen all the worries and stress about this GC....how about u? whats the update??

June 11-AOS sent
June 13-touched
June 15-NOA1
July 11-RFE sent
July 16-Response Review
Aug 23-EAD card in hand
Nov 9-Card Production

Timeline

Yeah I feel like wow of all many people why me??? lol well,good thing is I got a job now and that helps me to lessen all the worries and stress about this GC....how about u? whats the update??

Well i received the RFE dated October 11th,2012 one day after my interview,it says to prove physical presence December 20,2000 that my school records werent enough! Which is absolutely ridiculous but whatever like my lawyer said if thats all we have to worry about then AMEN to that lol so we have until Nov 11th , we went and spoke to my school district and theyll try and help out with whatever they can find. This waiting is driving me crazy, and im still wondering if after giving her what she asked for will i be called for another interview or will i just receive an update! Ive been so stressed out...

Timeline

Well i received the RFE dated October 11th,2012 one day after my interview,it says to prove physical presence December 20,2000 that my school records werent enough! Which is absolutely ridiculous but whatever like my lawyer said if thats all we have to worry about then AMEN to that lol so we have until Nov 11th , we went and spoke to my school district and theyll try and help out with whatever they can find. This waiting is driving me crazy, and im still wondering if after giving her what she asked for will i be called for another interview or will i just receive an update! Ive been so stressed out...

Lets be positive that everything will be alright.....

If u sent them what they want for sure they will approve you're case right away,I don't think you will be called for 2nd inbterview as they not asked too many about you're relationship but more on you're documentation about school...

take a deep breathe and lets pray together B-)

June 11-AOS sent
June 13-touched
June 15-NOA1
July 11-RFE sent
July 16-Response Review
Aug 23-EAD card in hand
Nov 9-Card Production

Timeline

Thank You Amen to that! Everything will be fine for both of us as long as we keep faith!

Timeline

Thank You Amen to that! Everything will be fine for both of us as long as we keep faith!

I know HE will never brought us this far just to leave us.....we'll be fine we'll be fine B-)

Lets stay positive...........

June 11-AOS sent
June 13-touched
June 15-NOA1
July 11-RFE sent
July 16-Response Review
Aug 23-EAD card in hand
Nov 9-Card Production

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.