Sunshine25

Need help with some questions please!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I came over here on a K-1 visa, my 4 year old son on a k-2 visa in August. I got married September 16th and I'm now filling out all the paperwork for the AOS.

I've been reading this forum, but I have some questions, if anyone can help?

1) I was born in England and I'm British, but I always get confused what to put in the 'country of birth' box and the 'country of citizenship/nationality' box?

Do I put England, United Kingdom, Great Britain?

2)On the form I-485, it asks for an A#, is this on the visa under Annotation?

3)Where is my nonimmigrant visa number on my visa? there is a control number at the top right or a number in red beginning with F, bottom right.

4)On the I-131 form, part 3, if I don't have a date of departure or expected length of trip, what do I put?

5)On my sons forms, do I sign them and then put (mother) after, as he is to young to fill them out and sign them?

Thanks for any help :)

Timeline:

Dec 31st 2011- I-129F sent
August 2nd 2012- INTERVIEW- APPROVED
August 10th 2012- Visas received
August 21st 2012- P.O.E Boston!

September 11th 2012- Applied for SSN.
September 16th 2012- MARRIED!!!
September 17th 2012- Received SSN.
October 26th 2012- Sent off AOS forms.

January 16th 2013- EAD and AP card issued.
January 26th 2013- Card received in mail.

May 29th 2013- Service request, as outside of processing times.

June 25th 2013- Green card/EAD stamp received in passport. Green card production ordered!

July 5th 2013- Green card arrives :)

August 22nd 2014- Daughter Born!

April 17th 2015- I-751 Sent.

April 20th 2015- NOA 1

June 2nd 2015- Biometrics Appt.

February 2nd 2016- I-751 APPROVED! 10 Year Green card issued!

February 22nd 2019 Applied for Citizenship! 

March 14th 2019 - Biometrics appt.

April 23rd 2019 - Interview. APPROVED!!!!!  It took 60 days!!!

Timeline

hey emma we just got our marriage certificates through so i literally just started doing my AOS forms this week too!

i always put UK for both country of birth and country of residence.

our visa numbers from london are under annotations but every consulate is different i believe, and best to double check it on your nOA2 to be safe.

i was just going to put 'unknown' for AP dates - doesn't seem that important.

i assume you sign for ben, but not too sure...

K1

10 Jan 2012: I-129F package sent

14 June 2012: NOA2

11 July 2012: Medical

30 July 2012: Interview at London Embassy (Approved!)

13 Aug 2012: Visa Received

1 Sept 2012: POE (Atlanta)

15 Sept 2012: Wedding in New Orleans

AOS

16 Nov 2012: NOA Receipt Date

20 Dec 2012: Biometrics Appointment

16 Jan 2013: EAD & AP approved

25 Jan 2013: EAD & AP Card received

Timeline

oops don't know how i replied twice... sorry

Edited by kittylondon

K1

AOS

Hi! :)

Here's my answers:

1. For my guy, we always put United Kingdom

2. Yes, it's under annotation and also on the NOA2.

3. We used the control number, I actually didn't think to use the F number. I hope what we did was right :\

4. I put "unknown, travel in case of emergency in UK"

5. Not sure on this one... I believe you would sign as his mother :)

Good luck in putting everything together!

Hi everyone,

I came over here on a K-1 visa, my 4 year old son on a k-2 visa in August. I got married September 16th and I'm now filling out all the paperwork for the AOS.

1) I was born in England and I'm British, but I always get confused what to put in the 'country of birth' box and the 'country of citizenship/nationality' box?

3)Where is my nonimmigrant visa number on my visa? there is a control number at the top right or a number in red beginning with F, bottom right.

4)On the I-131 form, part 3, if I don't have a date of departure or expected length of trip, what do I put?

5)On my sons forms, do I sign them and then put (mother) after, as he is to young to fill them out and sign them?

Timeline

oops forgot about the nonimmigrant number q - i'm pretty sure it's actually the red number on bottom right beginning with F (for me, anyway).

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/293997-where-do-i-find-the-nonimmigrant-visa-number/

but i'm sure it's a mistake people make all the time and won't cause you any problems, orangedesk! like i put several dates the wrong way round on our original petition.... poop happens!

Edited by kittylondon

K1

AOS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

2)On the form I-485, it asks for an A#, is this on the visa under Annotation?----It is on your NOA2 and on the back of your I-94

3)Where is my nonimmigrant visa number on my visa? there is a control number at the top right or a number in red beginning with F, bottom right.-- It is the "Control Number" on the front of the visa, ot that is what I used and no problem.

4)On the I-131 form, part 3, if I don't have a date of departure or expected length of trip, what do I put?-- Put unknown, for the purpose of vacation and visiting realities for 30 to ?? days.

5)On my sons forms, do I sign them and then put (mother) after, as he is to young to fill them out and sign them?-- Yes sign your son's name and then put (mother)-- I got an RFE for no signature for my 10 year old stepdaughter-- :bonk:

oops forgot about the nonimmigrant number q - i'm pretty sure it's actually the red number on bottom right beginning with F (for me, anyway).

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/293997-where-do-i-find-the-nonimmigrant-visa-number/

D'oh! I should've researched that one better. Oh well, if I get an RFE I'll deal with it :) I can't be the first person who messed this up lol

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Always put United Kingdom when asked for citizenship/country of birth. The US does not recognize England, Scotland etc as countries. It is better to write it out in full because the US government uses it's own system of abbreviations for countries. UK is actually Ukraine and United Kingdom is UN. I discovered this when I went to get my biometrics done for my 10 year green card. I thought they had made a mistake when they put my country as UN.

bostonharborpanoramabyc.jpg

"Boston is the only major city that if you f*** with them, they will shut down the whole city, stop everything, an find you". Adam Sandler

Timeline

Thanks for all the replies.

Kate, I had a message from Stu yesterday, saying he got his visa finally! Good News! I'm surprised it took so long to get your marriage certificate, it must differ from state to state. I picked mine up from the town offices 2 days after the wedding.

Orangedesk, good to hear from you and thanks for the answers. I just read on here someone else put the control number down too and someone else replied they might just change it without giving out a RFE?

Phil and Alla, thanks for the answers, but I think the paperwork must be slightly different for each consulate as I don't have a number on the back of my I-94.

Scotinmass, thanks for the tips! :)

Timeline:

Dec 31st 2011- I-129F sent
August 2nd 2012- INTERVIEW- APPROVED
August 10th 2012- Visas received
August 21st 2012- P.O.E Boston!

September 11th 2012- Applied for SSN.
September 16th 2012- MARRIED!!!
September 17th 2012- Received SSN.
October 26th 2012- Sent off AOS forms.

January 16th 2013- EAD and AP card issued.
January 26th 2013- Card received in mail.

May 29th 2013- Service request, as outside of processing times.

June 25th 2013- Green card/EAD stamp received in passport. Green card production ordered!

July 5th 2013- Green card arrives :)

August 22nd 2014- Daughter Born!

April 17th 2015- I-751 Sent.

April 20th 2015- NOA 1

June 2nd 2015- Biometrics Appt.

February 2nd 2016- I-751 APPROVED! 10 Year Green card issued!

February 22nd 2019 Applied for Citizenship! 

March 14th 2019 - Biometrics appt.

April 23rd 2019 - Interview. APPROVED!!!!!  It took 60 days!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.