DADAE

U.S passport v.s Phil Passport

18 posts in this topic

Exiting the PI on a US passport and not pay anything WRONG

"Just show his BC at the airport. he wont be asked to pay anything" WRONG

i was thinking that the son is a filipino citizen since the son was born in the PI. and applied for US passport since he has automatic us citizenship... so making him a dual citizen...

my children dont have philippine passports, (but i applied for dual citizenship) .. we used our US passports when we left manila, we werent asked to pay anything exept terminal fees! they were in manila for over 5 years (overstayed)...

yeah maybe srj09 is right.. but just my 5 cents you know.l just based on my personal experience...

someone does not have to be cocky on their knowledge or what not... . :)

Edited by loveydovey

i-130 for spouse

USCIS (85 days)

August 23, 2012 - Sent I-130

August 28, 2012 - NOA1 via email

September 25, 2012 - NOA1 hardcopy received

November 21, 2012 - NOA2 via email

NVC

November 29, 2012 - NVC case received (Case # not ready)

December 3, 2012 - NVC case number and IIn received

December 3, 2012 - Choice of Agent e-mail sent (DS 3032)

December 5, 2012 - AOS Bill Invoiced and Paid

December 11, 2012 - AOS Packet sent

December 12, 2012 - DS 3032 accepted

December 13, 2012 - IV Bill Invoiced

December 31, 2012 - Checklist for AOS (forgot to put N/A on part 6)

January 16, 2013 - AOS packet accepted (they are waiting for IV Fee payment)

January 25, 2013 - IV Bill paid

January 28, 2013 - IV Bill shows PAID - IV Packet sent

February 7, 2013 - IV return checklist incomplete dates on DS230

February 8, 2013 - sent checklist

February 15, 2013 - CASE COMPLETE!!

March 6, 2013 - Packet 4 received

April 1, 2013 - Interview at the USEM MANILA-APPROVED :)

Minor Daughter's I-130

January 28, 2013 - I-130 Sent

January 30, 2013 - I-130 received Phoenix, AZ

February 8, 2013 - hardcopy NOA1

April 18, 2013 - NOA2 :)

NVC

May 9, 2013 - NVC received

May 23, 2013 - Case number and IIN received

May 23, 2013 - emailed DS3032 (choice of agent)

May 28, 2013 - AOS invoiced and paid

June 5, 2013 - Ds3032 accepted

June 6, 2013 - IV FEE invoiced, Paid

June 8, 2013 - IV packet sent

June 14, 2013 - Case sent the the Embassy

i was thinking that the son is a filipino citizen since the son was born in the PI. and applied for US passport since he has automatic us citizenship... so making him a dual citizen...

my children dont have philippine passports, (but i applied for dual citizenship) .. we used our US passports when we left manila, we werent asked to pay anything exept terminal fees! they were in manila for over 5 years (overstayed)...

yeah maybe srj09 is right.. but just my 5 cents you know.l just based on my personal experience...

Your the first person I know who has said this, perhaps immigration officers at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport have stop collecting exit clearance fees from natural born Filipinos holding only foreign passports? What I found on the BI website, contradicts your experience. Maybe you was an exception to the rule? Perhaps this information currently on the website is out dated, "or what not."

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=239&Itemid=80

PROOF OF PHILIPPINE CITIZENSHIP

Only the following shall be considered as substantial proof of Philippine citizenship:

1. Genuine and valid Philippine passport; and

2. Original Identification Certificate issued by this Bureau.

ARRIVAL AND STAY

1. Filipinos with dual or multiple citizenship shall present, upon arrival in any port of entry in the Philippines, either a Philippine or foreign passport.

2. Filipinos with dual or multiple citizenship, who represents a foreign passport, may be admitted for an indefinite period of stay, being a Filipino, provided, he/she possesses and shows a genuine and valid Philippine passport and/or Identification Certificate. In the foreign passport, the immigration officer shall put either of the following notation on the provision for the authorized stay in the arrival stamp:

L“IC” – if an Identification Certificate is presented.

DEPARTURE

Filipinos with dual or multiple citizenship, who presented a foreign passport at the time of their admission into the Philippines may be cleared for departure without need of surrendering a certificate, permit or proof of payment of imposable immigration fees, provided, he/she also shows a genuine and valid passport and/or Identification Certificate. However, if the Filipino does not have a Philippine passport, an Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC) fee of P710.00 shall be charged for using a foreign passport upon departure.

In the arrival, stay and departure of Filipinos with dual or multiple citizenship, where the Filipino presents a Philippine passport and a foreign passport, the arrival or departure stamp shall be stamped on both passports. In the foreign passport, the immigration officer shall put either of the following notations on the provision for the authorized stay in the arrival or departure stamp:

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

I don't think he'd be ask to pay anything if he uses his US passport.

Im guessing your son was born in the Philippines and just applied for a US Passport since he has US Citizen parent. Is that right? Just show his BC at the airport. he wont be asked to pay anything.

Your the first person I know who has said this, perhaps immigration officers at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport have stop collecting exit clearance fees from natural born Filipinos holding only foreign passports? What I found on the BI website, contradicts your experience. Maybe you was an exception to the rule? Perhaps this information currently on the website is out dated, "or what not."

http://immigration.g...d=239&Itemid=80

PROOF OF PHILIPPINE CITIZENSHIP

Only the following shall be considered as substantial proof of Philippine citizenship:

1. Genuine and valid Philippine passport; and

2. Original Identification Certificate issued by this Bureau.

ARRIVAL AND STAY

1. Filipinos with dual or multiple citizenship shall present, upon arrival in any port of entry in the Philippines, either a Philippine or foreign passport.

2. Filipinos with dual or multiple citizenship, who represents a foreign passport, may be admitted for an indefinite period of stay, being a Filipino, provided, he/she possesses and shows a genuine and valid Philippine passport and/or Identification Certificate. In the foreign passport, the immigration officer shall put either of the following notation on the provision for the authorized stay in the arrival stamp:

L"IC" – if an Identification Certificate is presented.

DEPARTURE

Filipinos with dual or multiple citizenship, who presented a foreign passport at the time of their admission into the Philippines may be cleared for departure without need of surrendering a certificate, permit or proof of payment of imposable immigration fees, provided, he/she also shows a genuine and valid passport and/or Identification Certificate. However, if the Filipino does not have a Philippine passport, an Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC) fee of P710.00 shall be charged for using a foreign passport upon departure.

In the arrival, stay and departure of Filipinos with dual or multiple citizenship, where the Filipino presents a Philippine passport and a foreign passport, the arrival or departure stamp shall be stamped on both passports. In the foreign passport, the immigration officer shall put either of the following notations on the provision for the authorized stay in the arrival or departure stamp:

In further response to your experience, and my comments, Maybe you was an exception to the rule? I took the liberty and followed up on my last post. Context of my imagined scenario email was similar to the OP's and yours, and should leave no doubt what is needed when any child exits the Philippines under this circumstance.

This email was submitted 10/10/12 To:binoc_immigration@hotmail.ph

Dear Sir or Madam:

I'm inquiring information on my child leaving the Philippines, Her birth took place in the Philippines and has remained within the Philippines, four years to-date. At this time she only has a U.S. Passport acquired from 'Consular Report of Birth Abroad' and has no Philippine passport.

Will she need to pay any Bureau of Immigration fees when we depart, Ninoy Aquino International Airport, with only a US passport. Your help in the matter is greatly appreciated.

Scott ********** EDIT

U.S. Citizen Father

Bureau of Immigration National Operations Center 10/11/12

To: **********@hotmail.com EDIT

Dear Sir:

We wish to inform you that you need to file an Exit Clearance Certificate at the Alien Registration Division, 2nd Floor, Main Building of the Bureau of Immigration before your son can travel outside the country. If you applied for your daughter's Philippine Passport, you do not need to pay the overstaying fees and secure a ECC as a US passport holder. You just have to present the Philippine passport at the airport as a proof that your son did not overstay in the country because he is also Philippine Citizen.

Should you have other immigration-related queries, please do not hesitate to call the BI Helpdesk Hotline at (632) 524-3824 or (632) 524-3769, visit our website at www.immigration.gov.ph or like us on Facebook: officialbureauofimmigration and follow us on Twitter: immigrationPH.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.