R. Lee

Medical Examinations at St. Luke's: A Recounting

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

R.Lee congrats for passing medexam! :) thanks for sharing your experience, I'll print this.lol

Btw, u said USEM letter? i don't have that yet :(

I thought they will ask u to go back the next day for the results?

Hi CatSam, you're welcome! We're glad you find this helpful. :) If everything goes well or if there aren't lots of applicants, you could also get the results on the same day. ;) The USEM letter yes, or that one they send through email, you have to print that.. Or you may call SLEC if that's really a must, I'm sorry I missed asking this when I was at St. Luke's. These are the required documents I copied from SLEC website:

Regular Immigrants and K-Visa Applicants

a. Valid passport

b. Photocopy of Passport Biographic/Data Page, the page in the passport that contains the applicant's photo and information

c. 3 pieces recent 2x2 visa photos (2 for submission to the U.S. Embassy, 1 for clinic file)

The US Embassy requires you to bring the 2x2 photos for your visa issuance. We regret not to release the medical report until such time that you can provide this requirement.

d. Appointment letter from the Embassy or Instruction letter from the National Visa Center (NVC), if available,

e. 2 photocopies of your Appointment Letter/ Instruction Letter

f. Applicants are also required to provide the name, address and contact number of their petitioner in the U.S.A.

Timeline

Congrats! My fiancee was there yesterday having her medical as well - and also completed it in one day.

Thanks Starflyer! Glad to hear your fiancee completed it in a day too- without much wait. St Luke's is not so busy these days :thumbs: Hoping to get the Japanese police clearance soon for me and then I will be seeing Richard again. :D

Il have my medical tomorrow. Wish me luck haha

Sep10,2010 - met via messenger at work (same company)
Mar21,2011 - officially bf/gf wink.png
Oct2-15,2011 - first time together (Philippines)
Feb2012 - gathered K1 requirements
March23 - I-129f sent to Dallas lockbox
Mar26 - noa1 routed to VSC (email/text)
March29 - touched
Sep18 - Finally.. NOA2!!!
Oct11 & 12 - SLEC medical exam - PASSED!
Oct24 - USEM Manila interview - PASSED! Thanks God..
Nov13 - POE DFW, TX
Nov20 - Dallas,TX wedding
-----

Feb12 - AOS sent

Mar13 - Biometrics

Apr6 - got my EAD/AP

Congrats and thank you for the recount. I like reading these stories. It really helps understand what has changed and what is currently going on at St. Lukes :):thumbs:

Was your experience all in one day??? I thought this is a two day event. :huh:

Edited by neodragon0l

1/18/2013 - Married

3/5/2013 - Filed AOS, EAD & AP

3/7/2013 - USCIS Chicago rec'd applications

3/12/2013 - USCIS sends NOA1 email

Was your experience all in one day??? I thought this is a two day event. :huh:

For most people, it's a two-day event. Some people get it done in one day if they go in early and St. Lukes is not busy on that particular day. The best days for attempting to get it done in one day seem to be Wednesdays and Thursdays.

That sucks because my fiance has to do it this week Friday. Going next Wednesday is cutting it too close to the interview date.

1/18/2013 - Married

3/5/2013 - Filed AOS, EAD & AP

3/7/2013 - USCIS Chicago rec'd applications

3/12/2013 - USCIS sends NOA1 email

horrible :crying::crying:

I went there around 4am, my number was 12 for online applicant.

For the convenience of those who come early, the guards may allow applicants to enter St. Luke's Medical Center Extension Clinic premises as early as 4:30 AM but the schedule of operation of each working area will be observed

---not true! exactly 5:00am when the guard started checking the documents of applicants and let us in.

6am - registration window K // the guy was masungit! Finger scanning was nice but when he took a picture he just said "look" and held the camera. He asked for NVC letter I told him I don't have it, we just called NVC to get the mnlcase# , he said I should bring it when I get back. So maybe this is the reason why I have 2days medical.

7am - payment

7:15 - vital signs

7:25 - eye test / height / weight

7:40 - X-ray ***the tech just gave my passport and didn't tell me where to go but I heard she said to other go to 5th floor

7:50 - 5th flr USA counter was told to take a break and go back at 8:30am. I went outside the building to eat, one of the applicant asked me if I'm done with blood and urine test. Yes, I missed that stage, it should be right after the X-ray test.lol

9:20 - physical exam room5 Dr.Mela 20mins // a loooootttt of questions haha ***they said that the doctor in room10 is very strict and "Mataray" lol

9:45 - laboratory / blood and urine sample

9:55 - immunization interview // *the doctor was kinda surprised bec there was a number "2" written on my paper she said "just ask the receptionist"

10 - heartbreaking part... Was told to go back tomorrow for the result :crying::crying: // #2 stands for batch 2 or 2nd day :bonk:

I'd rather stay the whole day to get it done but the decision is final... I'll be back tomorrow. :(:wacko:

Edited by CatSam

Sep10,2010 - met via messenger at work (same company)
Mar21,2011 - officially bf/gf wink.png
Oct2-15,2011 - first time together (Philippines)
Feb2012 - gathered K1 requirements
March23 - I-129f sent to Dallas lockbox
Mar26 - noa1 routed to VSC (email/text)
March29 - touched
Sep18 - Finally.. NOA2!!!
Oct11 & 12 - SLEC medical exam - PASSED!
Oct24 - USEM Manila interview - PASSED! Thanks God..
Nov13 - POE DFW, TX
Nov20 - Dallas,TX wedding
-----

Feb12 - AOS sent

Mar13 - Biometrics

Apr6 - got my EAD/AP

Timeline

horrible :crying::crying:

I went there around 4am, my number was 12 for online applicant.

For the convenience of those who come early, the guards may allow applicants to enter St. Luke's Medical Center Extension Clinic premises as early as 4:30 AM but the schedule of operation of each working area will be observed

---not true! exactly 5:00am when the guard started checking the documents of applicants and let us in.

6am - registration window K // the guy was masungit! Finger scanning was nice but when he took a picture he just said "look" and held the camera. He asked for NVC letter I told him I don't have it, we just called NVC to get the mnlcase# , he said I should bring it when I get back. So maybe this is the reason why I have 2days medical.

7am - payment

7:15 - vital signs

7:25 - eye test / height / weight

7:40 - X-ray ***the tech just gave my passport and didn't tell me where to go but I heard she said to other go to 5th floor

7:50 - 5th flr USA counter was told to take a break and go back at 8:30am. I went outside the building to eat, one of the applicant asked me if I'm done with blood and urine test. Yes, I missed that stage, it should be right after the X-ray test.lol

9:20 - physical exam room5 Dr.Mela 20mins // a loooootttt of questions haha ***they said that the doctor in room10 is very strict and "Mataray" lol

9:45 - laboratory / blood and urine sample

9:55 - immunization interview // *the doctor was kinda surprised bec there was a number "2" written on my paper she said "just ask the receptionist"

10 - heartbreaking part... Was told to go back tomorrow for the result :crying::crying: // #2 stands for batch 2 or 2nd day :bonk:

I'd rather stay the whole day to get it done but the decision is final... I'll be back tomorrow. :(:wacko:

Sorry to hear your medical exam expectations were not met... but cheer up! :D you're done with that, now the only thing you have to look forward to is the interview, I bet it's a yes! :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.