heyray

What evidence do I need for my GC interview

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi all. I have a quick question. I have my AOS interview coming up this week (on the 10th) and I am wondering if I have enough evidence. I know that the letter the USCIS sends regarding what evidence is needed is just a standard form letter they send out. But I have a few problems. Here is a list on my evidence so far of a bona fide relationship: Pictures (a lot of them) my wife has changed her name on her drivers licence and SSN and a letter from my mother in law stating that she holds the lease and all bills on the house we live in. I have not had the money to get a drivers licence either (so I have nothing with my address on it either)

Now the problem is we went to change her name on her bank account, but despite having changed her name on the licence and SSN, they needed to see the marriage certificate. We sent in our original marriage certificate with our AOS application. And because I had to wait to get my EAD in hand to get my SSN we never had enough time to get another marriage certificate before the interview date to change her name. We were however able to add my name to her account.

She is unemployed and looks after her kids at home, and I will only be starting a part time job on Monday the 8th so I will not be paid either enough or in time to try to get other documents, such as joint health insurance or life insurance, to provide more evidence. But yay at least I have finally got a job I say.

So my questions are do I have enough evidence? If not what else should I get? I am getting worried about nothing? Our case has been remarkably easy up to this point (K1 visa 6 months from application to visa issuance, EAD in 70 days and no RFE's on the way either).

what the... that bank employee said something really funny.

when we did the same, they said they do nothing with the marriage paper, they need ID and social with the new name.

the marriage paper is none of the banks business. now, if she doesn't have an ID with the new name on it, then it's a different thing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.