Penny Lane

Romney on 47% comments: I was 'completely wrong'

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

You could buy Romney at $25 a contract before the debate and sell at $35 now. That, to me, is a very real bounce.

To me that is a very bad investment, for Romney is not for sale nor it has anything to do with the topic at hand. At best, it is a very bad analogy.

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

To me that is a very bad investment, for Romney is not for sale nor it has anything to do with the topic at hand. At best, it is a very bad analogy.

Huh?

http://www.intrade.com/v4/markets/contract/?contractId=743475

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My point precisely. Betting is a bad investment - and the term is used lose,y here - and your attempt to make an analogy, was flawed at best.

It wasn't an analogy. I said the bounce in the polls was real and quantifiable, even in monetary terms.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

It wasn't an analogy. I said the bounce in the polls was real and quantifiable, even in monetary terms.

I still maintain the only polls that matter are those represented by the counting of the ballots, notwithstanding the thrill of OTB for horses, football and all other sort of things on the account of which you can be parted with your money in Vegas.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Timeline

I still maintain the only polls that matter are those represented by the counting of the ballots, notwithstanding the thrill of OTB for horses, football and all other sort of things on the account of which you can be parted with your money in Vegas.

Ballots don't count - electors do. Only a handful of states will decide this election. That means for 90% of Americans, you really are free to vote for whoever you want, not just the two twits at the top of the ticket. Of course, if you live in Ohio, Virginia, or Florida, lucky you! You will get to decide who will be President for the next term.

The Key Three States are Virginia, Ohio and Florida. With 60 Electoral College votes, these three states are currently Toss-Ups. It is virtually impossible for Romney to win the White House without winning at least two of these three states. If he wins all three, he is likely to win the election. The president can keep his job if he wins two of these three states.