laurabeth

October 2012 K1 filers

877 posts in this topic

My fiancee and her son had their interview at the US Embassy in Moldova today (6:30am Texas time; 2:30pm Moldova time). K-1 VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Awesome, congratulations!!!

So...Pagong...you had your interview today? How did it go? How soon to you expect to receive your visa? You will pick it up at SM MOA, correct?

I'm waiting to hear from Pagong as well Winelight. I hope everything went well for her.

Yes Dee&Tino...everything DID go smoothly at "Round 2" of the CFO Counseling session...and my fiancee received her certificate of completion. After the first CFO session, my fiancee told me that they were worried that she was about to marry a man that will not treat her right - because I have been married before (Keep in mind that the Philippines is the only country in the world in which divorce is not legal). So...I wrote a letter to the CFO Counselor explaining the circumstances...and the depth of the relationshiip with my fiancee. The letter appears to have changed the tone of the discussion. She showed them about 50 photos of us together (as 6 photos in the previous session was not enough.). Well...there was not a lot of discussion with all the documents she overwhelmed them with. We are thankful to God she got through this as I've read that some CFO counselors can be very unreasonable.

She will begin her medical exam late tomorrow US time.

I'm glad to hear that things went well with the second CFO counseling session. I learned something new again because I did not know that divorce is illegal in the Philippines. To me it's apparent that you genuinely care about your fiancée so it's great that they were able to see that in the end as well. Personally, I think if she's happy and believes in the relationship they shouldn't tell her that you won't treat her right but since they value marriage more than other countries I guess I can try to see where they're coming from. Does getting a divorce mean that you mistreated your ex though? I don't think so. Anyway, goodluck to your fiancée tomorrow and on July 1st.

I believe I told you that I emailed the embassy in Jamaica my fiancé's DS-230. I didn't get a response so I emailed asking them to at least confirm that they received it (the email address that they told me I could email it to did not work). They emailed me back saying that they received the form (at another email address) and the necessary actions were taken. I had to email again asking what the necessary actions taken were. I didn't get a response to that message so I decided to call DOS at 202-663-1225 this morning to see if they'd be able to tell me if a interview date was entered into their system for my fiancé. The lady I spoke with told me that his interview will be July 23rd. I was happy to know that he will have his interview in less than a month but I can't believe I had to find out that way. My fiancé did not receive packet 3 from the embassy so hopefully they will at least send him packet 4. I read somewhere that DOS should know if there's an interview date but when I called I didn't expect them to actually know. I guess because I don't know much about the Department of State and their involvement in the process. Looks like this is another thing I need to research now lol idea9dv.gifreading.gif

Filed: Timeline

I'm glad to hear that things went well with the second CFO counseling session. I learned something new again because I did not know that divorce is illegal in the Philippines. To me it's apparent that you genuinely care about your fiancée so it's great that they were able to see that in the end as well. Personally, I think if she's happy and believes in the relationship they shouldn't tell her that you won't treat her right but since they value marriage more than other countries I guess I can try to see where they're coming from. Does getting a divorce mean that you mistreated your ex though? I don't think so. Anyway, goodluck to your fiancée tomorrow and on July 1st.

I believe I told you that I emailed the embassy in Jamaica my fiancé's DS-230. I didn't get a response so I emailed asking them to at least confirm that they received it (the email address that they told me I could email it to did not work). They emailed me back saying that they received the form (at another email address) and the necessary actions were taken. I had to email again asking what the necessary actions taken were. I didn't get a response to that message so I decided to call DOS at 202-663-1225 this morning to see if they'd be able to tell me if a interview date was entered into their system for my fiancé. The lady I spoke with told me that his interview will be July 23rd. I was happy to know that he will have his interview in less than a month but I can't believe I had to find out that way. My fiancé did not receive packet 3 from the embassy so hopefully they will at least send him packet 4. I read somewhere that DOS should know if there's an interview date but when I called I didn't expect them to actually know. I guess because I don't know much about the Department of State and their involvement in the process. Looks like this is another thing I need to research now lol idea9dv.gifreading.gif

Correct...divorce... and how an ex is treated are not related...nor does it forecast how one will treat their future spouse.

Wow...sounds like the Embassy in Jamaica is not well-run. I'm quite shocked that you had to call DOS to learn of the appointment date. Very smart of you to call DOS. I learned something from you on this. As for packets...seems to be common that a lot of folks do not receive them. The Embassies seem to expect people to find the packet forms on the Embassy website. Since Manila has an online appointment system...it's easy to know your interview date...and print the appointment confirmation. I would think your fiancee will need to print an appointment confirmation prior to the interview? I hope you get this in time.

Even to this day...I (and my fiancee) still have not yet received a packet or correspondence from the Embassy...yet we already have an interview appointment!

As an aside, my fiancee told me that a number of ladies in the CFO office have been waiting anywhere from 1 to 4 years to pass CFO!!! Unless extended, petitions and visa are not valid this long. I'm not sure what the hold up is...but I do know the criteria to pass CFO can be very subjective. In our case...if all we had was the original 6 photos she had shown to them...she would never have passed the CFO session. I'm guessing that couples that only met for a few days and don't have a lot of photos to prove the relationship may have CFO problems...even if the photos were sufficient for USCIS and the Embassy.

If you learn why you were not told of the interview date...let us know. Or...maybe they sent the appointment date to you by snail mail...and you have not yet received it. In either case...it would be interesting to know what's really happening with the Embassy at Jamaica.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes Dee&Tino...everything DID go smoothly at "Round 2" of the CFO Counseling session...and my fiancee received her certificate of completion. After the first CFO session, my fiancee told me that they were worried that she was about to marry a man that will not treat her right - because I have been married before (Keep in mind that the Philippines is the only country in the world in which divorce is not legal). So...I wrote a letter to the CFO Counselor explaining the circumstances...and the depth of the relationshiip with my fiancee. The letter appears to have changed the tone of the discussion. She showed them about 50 photos of us together (as 6 photos in the previous session was not enough.). Well...there was not a lot of discussion with all the documents she overwhelmed them with. We are thankful to God she got through this as I've read that some CFO counselors can be very unreasonable.

She will begin her medical exam late tomorrow US time.

I'm so glad to be reading good news about CFO!! Yay!! Way to go, way to go!! Hang in there..

09/27/12- Sent I-129F via UPS10/01/12- 129-F packet arrived in Texas10/03/12- NOA 1 routed to VCS10/09/12 Received hard copy of NOA 104/09/13 Received Rfe04/17/13 Replied to rfe07/16/13 NOA208/15/13 Manila Embassy Interview<p>Met in Memphis, TN

AOS

10/17/13- Sent AOS,EAD,AP

10/21/13- Noa1 (EAD and AP)

10/23/13- Noa1 (Green card)

11/19/13- Biometrics Appointment

12/1413- EAD and AP approved (card in production)

Timeline

Â

So...Pagong...you had your interview today? How did it go? How soon to you expect to receive your visa? You will pick it up at SM MOA, correct?

Yay!! I'm approved!!! Can't believe I'm almost half way done now. Oh well, im confident about the interview. hahaha. I believe my US citizen daughter is the best evidence. ð

I'm gonna pick it up at moa because they said its 2 days early in there. They can't give any time frame but as the website mention, it's within 2 weeks.

Tentative date of flight: July 6, 2013

Who knows we might bump in US!!

Shake shake shake. ð

Timeline

Yay!! I'm approved!!! Can't believe I'm almost half way done now. Oh well, im confident about the interview. hahaha. I believe my US citizen daughter is the best evidence. ð

I'm gonna pick it up at moa because they said its 2 days early in there. They can't give any time frame but as the website mention, it's within 2 weeks.

Shake shake shake. ð

As of now, the only thing needed is my visa so I book our flights and get the baby's exit clearance!!! Goodness Philippines has a never ending requirements!!!!!

Shake shake shake. ð

Wow...congratulations!!! I am extremely happy for you. Yes...a baby is the best evidence to prove relationship - LOL.

I read/heard somewhere that the visa can get to MOA after 3 or 4 days...and up to 6-7 days to other locations in the Philippines. Please let me know the delivery time that you experience as my fiancee will also pick up at MOA...and we are trying to estimate the flight date - just as you are.

Again...congratulations!!! I share in your excitement.

As of now, the only thing needed is my visa so I book our flights and get the baby's exit clearance!!! Goodness Philippines has a never ending requirements!!!!!

I assume you will get your CFO sticker immediately after you get the visa? Also...is it CFO that gives clearance for the baby?

I'm so glad to be reading good news about CFO!! Yay!! Way to go, way to go!! Hang in there..

Thanks madison925. I will keep you posted on the rest of our progress...including the medical exam tomorrow.

I am still hoping for positive news from you as it seems you should have gotten a response already.

Ingat amiga. (Take care my friend).

Timeline

ÃÂ

I assume you will get your CFO sticker immediately after you get the visa? Also...is it CFO that gives clearance for the baby?

I already attended CFO, just gonna go there for the sticker.

No, it's bureau of immigration and after traveling so far from the province they will tell me They cant release it and i will need to give them a copy of our plane tickets. They're so crazy! Now I'm in the bus and I feel like my day is wasted.

Edited by pagong

Timeline

Â

Wow...congratulations!!! I am extremely happy for you. Yes...a baby is the best evidence to prove relationship - LOL.

Â

I read/heard somewhere that the visa can get to MOA after 3 or 4 days...and up to 6-7 days to other locations in the Philippines. Please let me know the delivery time that you experience as my fiancee will also pick up at MOA...and we are trying to estimate the flight date - just as you are.

Â

Again...congratulations!!! I share in your excitement.

Thank you so much! I'm expecting it in one week, cross fingers :) ill keep you updated and good luck to your journey :)

I already attended CFO, just gonna go there for the sticker.

No, it's bureau of immigration and after traveling so far from the province they will tell me They cant release it and i will need to give them a copy of our plane tickets. They're so crazy! Now I'm in the bus and I feel like my day is wasted.

My fiancee also had a lot of frustration dealing with government agencies....but I think this is true of most government agencies worldwide.

Correct...divorce... and how an ex is treated are not related...nor does it forecast how one will treat their future spouse.

Wow...sounds like the Embassy in Jamaica is not well-run. I'm quite shocked that you had to call DOS to learn of the appointment date. Very smart of you to call DOS. I learned something from you on this. As for packets...seems to be common that a lot of folks do not receive them. The Embassies seem to expect people to find the packet forms on the Embassy website. Since Manila has an online appointment system...it's easy to know your interview date...and print the appointment confirmation. I would think your fiancee will need to print an appointment confirmation prior to the interview? I hope you get this in time.

Even to this day...I (and my fiancee) still have not yet received a packet or correspondence from the Embassy...yet we already have an interview appointment!

As an aside, my fiancee told me that a number of ladies in the CFO office have been waiting anywhere from 1 to 4 years to pass CFO!!! Unless extended, petitions and visa are not valid this long. I'm not sure what the hold up is...but I do know the criteria to pass CFO can be very subjective. In our case...if all we had was the original 6 photos she had shown to them...she would never have passed the CFO session. I'm guessing that couples that only met for a few days and don't have a lot of photos to prove the relationship may have CFO problems...even if the photos were sufficient for USCIS and the Embassy.

If you learn why you were not told of the interview date...let us know. Or...maybe they sent the appointment date to you by snail mail...and you have not yet received it. In either case...it would be interesting to know what's really happening with the Embassy at Jamaica.

Yes I read on the Jamaica country portal that a lot of people never received their packets so I guess you are correct in saying their embassy is not well-run. My fiancé will NOT be allowed into the embassy without the interview appointment confirmation so yes we will need to get this some way some how. I emailed the embassy last night asking them to confirm the appointment and email me packet 3 and or packet 4. I have heard that they can email them to me so I will see if this happens. I'm glad you mentioned that you think he will need to print appointment confirmation. It shows your willingness to help so thank you.

wow.gif waiting 1 to 4 years to pass CFO?! That is insane. Now I am really glad Jamaica doesn't have this. I must say I don't think I could ever wait over a year to be with my fiancé so I can't even imagine a person waiting 4 years... very patient. You were smart to take as many pictures as you did and sharing that on here should help others with beneficiary in Manila or the Philippines.

I hope to hear back from the embassy today. When I do I will let you know what their response is.

Shake shake shake. ð

Congratulations!!!

My fiancé and I were really hoping to have a baby (not for evidence but just because it's time or we want a family and neither one of us have kids) but this didn't happen so hopefully in the future.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.