smroy

Cr1 visa pending after interview at US embassy Mumbai

10 posts in this topic

Here is my little experience with my Cr1 visa interview yesterday(1oct 2012)at the US Embassy, Mumbai.

Today was I went for the visa interview at Mumbai they asked for more evidence to prove that our relationship and the marriage is genuine. I will give you a detail description of today's experience.

I was there well ahead of time. So when they called me for the first time to give all my original papers back they told me tat my wife i864 is not good enough. So i told them that she has 3property which is good enough to cover me. But they said no its not. Then he asked me can your wife sell her property to cover me. I told him yes she will if needed and then he asked for her 2011 tax returns. I told him she didn't pay cause she didn't work because she had a serious surgery and she was here with me in India for 6months. Then i told him i have my dad in law joint sponsoring me. Then i gave him that and saw it an said it's wrongly filled. But gave me instruction on what i need to do. Then i was asked to sit. Then I was called and asked me about us. I told him what was true. So after some question he asked me to wait he was not rude. Then i was again asked to wait. Then i was called in a private room with an Indian lady who was rude and humiliating from the word go. She asked me why do I want to go to USA. I told him because i want to be with my love my wife. So she asked me about my relationship with my wife. I told her that we love each another more then our self. She asked me what happened to her previous marriage. I told her what went wrong. Then she asked me how can i trust her if she is already married twice. Here I told her i love more then myself and that's why we are married and not for any other reason. They took the whole thing as fake because we both were married before. how can our past be a judge of our present. we are not teenagers any more. but this lady will just not stop being rude and humiliating my and my relationship.We are not worried about the past and we don't live in the past. Then she asked me that she sees that my wife has a 10yrs visa to India then why is she not being with me and calling me. I told her that she has a house and no one to take care and she has dogs too. and that is is expensive too so we just decided to wait for the visa process to end and be together. And she is not well so i am the only one to take care of her. Then she told me the it seems i am married to her for going to USA. I told her that's not correct I am quite known face here in kolkata, INDIA. I am going because we have decided to live our last phase of our life together.. She keep telling me this repetitively. Then she started asking me when did I first meet her in person i gave exact date and description. Then she asked me why did I married her on 09/02/2012. I told her that the lawyer gave us the date cause we have to give a notice a moth before and we gave the notice on 2Aug2011. Then she kept asking me the same questions and then she asked me about my previous marriage. I gave all the details. And then again she asked me why did we get married again when our previous marriage didn't work. I again told her we don't care about the past we love each another and that's why we have married this time. Then again she told me no I married to go to USA. And she was very rude all the way. I told her I am going cause i want to be with my wife and because I love my wife because i am the only one to take care of her and she has some responsibility there too. she has responsibilities there too. Then she told me if that's true show me some financial proof why didn't she add you to her properties i told her that's not possible till i am there. She accused me yet once again. I told her no for us what matters is being together i am going to USA cause i want to be with my wife and take care of her and her things.Then she was very rude and went off. She came after sometime and told me my case is pending so i need provide more evidence of our ongoing relationship.

ok i have an bank account with SBI how can i add her to my bank acct??? i have sent her money 3times in the last one year so do i need to give a photo copy of that money transfer too..how can i add her to my financial things..i have add her to my mediclaim already..

CAN ANYONE HELP us WITH WHAT TO DO NEXT...WE WILL APPRECIATE THAT

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Here is my little experience with my Cr1 visa interview yesterday(1oct 2012)at the US Embassy, Mumbai.

Today was I went for the visa interview at Mumbai they asked for more evidence to prove that our relationship and the marriage is genuine. I will give you a detail description of today's experience.

I was there well ahead of time. So when they called me for the first time to give all my original papers back they told me tat my wife i864 is not good enough. So i told them that she has 3property which is good enough to cover me. But they said no its not. Then he asked me can your wife sell her property to cover me. I told him yes she will if needed and then he asked for her 2011 tax returns. I told him she didn't pay cause she didn't work because she had a serious surgery and she was here with me in India for 6months. Then i told him i have my dad in law joint sponsoring me. Then i gave him that and saw it an said it's wrongly filled. But gave me instruction on what i need to do. Then i was asked to sit. Then I was called and asked me about us. I told him what was true. So after some question he asked me to wait he was not rude. Then i was again asked to wait. Then i was called in a private room with an Indian lady who was rude and humiliating from the word go. She asked me why do I want to go to USA. I told him because i want to be with my love my wife. So she asked me about my relationship with my wife. I told her that we love each another more then our self. She asked me what happened to her previous marriage. I told her what went wrong. Then she asked me how can i trust her if she is already married twice. Here I told her i love more then myself and that's why we are married and not for any other reason. They took the whole thing as fake because we both were married before. how can our past be a judge of our present. we are not teenagers any more. but this lady will just not stop being rude and humiliating my and my relationship.We are not worried about the past and we don't live in the past. Then she asked me that she sees that my wife has a 10yrs visa to India then why is she not being with me and calling me. I told her that she has a house and no one to take care and she has dogs too. and that is is expensive too so we just decided to wait for the visa process to end and be together. And she is not well so i am the only one to take care of her. Then she told me the it seems i am married to her for going to USA. I told her that's not correct I am quite known face here in kolkata, INDIA. I am going because we have decided to live our last phase of our life together.. She keep telling me this repetitively. Then she started asking me when did I first meet her in person i gave exact date and description. Then she asked me why did I married her on 09/02/2012. I told her that the lawyer gave us the date cause we have to give a notice a moth before and we gave the notice on 2Aug2011. Then she kept asking me the same questions and then she asked me about my previous marriage. I gave all the details. And then again she asked me why did we get married again when our previous marriage didn't work. I again told her we don't care about the past we love each another and that's why we have married this time. Then again she told me no I married to go to USA. And she was very rude all the way. I told her I am going cause i want to be with my wife and because I love my wife because i am the only one to take care of her and she has some responsibility there too. she has responsibilities there too. Then she told me if that's true show me some financial proof why didn't she add you to her properties i told her that's not possible till i am there. She accused me yet once again. I told her no for us what matters is being together i am going to USA cause i want to be with my wife and take care of her and her things.Then she was very rude and went off. She came after sometime and told me my case is pending so i need provide more evidence of our ongoing relationship.

ok i have an bank account with SBI how can i add her to my bank acct??? i have sent her money 3times in the last one year so do i need to give a photo copy of that money transfer too..how can i add her to my financial things..i have add her to my mediclaim already..

Roy, did you get any White slip at the end of interview? What does it say? Did they return your passport?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

honestly after reading your post, I can sense how much frustrated you may be after your interview. But let's get straight to the point, American/Indian CO treats every applicant the same way as if you are a stranger to them. So being suspicious about your relationship is a valid point until they are fully convinced with your provided evidences. But being rude to the applicant is not acceptable and we can't do anything with it.

Many other questions are unanswered in your experience:

1. What was wrong in your father-in-law's filled tax return?

2. Which relationship evidences you took for an interview?

3. Which evidences you provided during interview to prove that both of you are out of your first marriage?

Any financial documents where both of you have names on it is useful as a relationship evidence. Also wedding/trip photos, certified documents from both parents about your relationship and marriage etc. can be helpful to prove your relationship.

Each case is different so requirement to provide relationship evidence may be different. In our case, we just had to show our wedding/trip photos to prove our relationship since both are married first time.

Good luck! :thumbs:

I-130 Processed at USCIS

========================

12/17/2011 : I-130 Sent to USCIS

12/20/2011 : I-130 NOA1

05/11/2012 : I-130 NOA2

NVC

===

05/28/2012 : Received at NVC

06/11/2012 : Case number issued by NVC

06/11/2012 : DS-3032 Choice of Agent Email Sent to NVC

06/13/2012 : AOS Bill Issued

06/13/2012 : AOS Bill Paid

06/14/2012 : AOS Bill Marked as "PAID" in NVC System

06/14/2012 : AOS Package Mailed to NVC

06/18/2012 : AOS Package Delivered to NVC

06/19/2012 : DS-3032 Accepted

06/21/2012 : IV Bill Issued

06/21/2012 : IV Bill Paid

06/21/2012 : IV Package Mailed to NVC

06/22/2012 : IV Bill Marked as "PAID" in NVC System

06/22/2012 : IV Package Delivered to NVC

06/25/2012 : AOS Accepted by NVC

06/29/2012 : IV Accepted by NVC

06/29/2012 : Case Complete at NVC

08/01/2012 : Interview Date Assigned and Case Forwarded from NVC to Mumbai Consulate

09/07/2012 : Interview at Mumbai Consulate (Result: Approved!)

09/11/2012 : Received Visa in Mail at home

09/22/2012 : POE at Houston, TX (IAH)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

honestly after reading your post, I can sense how much frustrated you may be after your interview. But let's get straight to the point, American/Indian CO treats every applicant the same way as if you are a stranger to them. So being suspicious about your relationship is a valid point until they are fully convinced with your provided evidences. But being rude to the applicant is not acceptable and we can't do anything with it.

3. Which evidences you provided during interview to prove that both of you are out of your first marriage?

Any financial documents where both of you have names on it is useful as a relationship evidence. Also wedding/trip photos, certified documents from both parents about your relationship and marriage etc. can be helpful to prove your relationship.

Each case is different so requirement to provide relationship evidence may be different. In our case, we just had to show our wedding/trip photos to prove our relationship since both are married first time.

Nahi yaar...Tera ho gaya hai hence you are talking in this way...

Pur aisa kuch nahi hai...sub ka case alug hi hota hai....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Togo
Timeline

Hello...

I went through the same situation,they denied my fiancé visa in 2009 and we got married in 2010 and applied for spouse visa.after my first spouse visa interview I was denied again and placed under AP which last more 6 months.my wife added me on her bank account and i was able to use her bank account in Africa and even got me tax payer identification number while I didn't get to US yet. They kept asking for more evidence of genuine relationship but obviously we have provided everything.i kept bugging the embassy,my wife contacted her congress men and they intervened but no much luck,my wife solicited the help from most free equal justice and immigration organization online and one day the embassy called me to bring my passport for my visa .i lived in another country so I have to pay a lot of dollars to get police report 4 times and went for 2nd interview which was like interogating a criminal in a small room before the visa was issued.Never give up.My family and friends sent support letters to us embassy,my wife,her daughter. and friends also sent many support letters to prove they know about our ongoing relationship.At the end we got what we fought for

Good luck

Edited by ProudAfrican

May God Bless Us All In This New World.We All Have Come From Afar And We Need The Lord's Guidance For Success.

NB:I am not an Immigration Attorney, All i say here is based on my personal experiences through K-1 visa process and CR1/IR1 visa process.

Thanks a lots for replying to my post...here is the answer to your questions...

they asked for a copy of his birth certificate or d/l or anything to prove he is an American citizen...so we will get that...my wife is coming back to India so tat we can give all the proofs that they want...

I took our pics as our was a court marriage so the pics were no fancy... I took lots of our intimate pics... the Indian lady that interviewed me just flipped through the pics as if they are some piece of dirt...i took about 800 pages of print out of our gmails, our yahoo chats, our txt msgs, our watsapp chat our cards an all that i have...

we both have submitted our divorce papers..

Roy, did you get any White slip at the end of interview? What does it say? Did they return your passport?

Thanks a lots for your reply,

they didn't give me any slip, they gave me a Form BMB-194 and yes they gave me back my passport...

My wife got in touch with the US state representative ... they were helping us along.. so now i know they are doing an mandated administrative processing under 221(g)...

after the interview the Indian lady that was interviewing me as if i am an criminal and was rude and was acting God she told me to submit more proof of our ongoing relationship...so my wife is making her will and she is coming back on Nov so that we can submit all that we have...

any idea how long this will go on...

thanks again...

Hello...

I went through the same situation,they denied my fiancé visa in 2009 and we got married in 2010 and applied for spouse visa.after my first spouse visa interview I was denied again and placed under AP which last more 6 months.my wife added me on her bank account and i was able to use her bank account in Africa and even got me tax payer identification number while I didn't get to US yet. They kept asking for more evidence of genuine relationship but obviously we have provided everything.i kept bugging the embassy,my wife contacted her congress men and they intervened but no much luck,my wife solicited the help from most free equal justice and immigration organization online and one day the embassy called me to bring my passport for my visa .i lived in another country so I have to pay a lot of dollars to get police report 4 times and went for 2nd interview which was like interogating a criminal in a small room before the visa was issued.Never give up.My family and friends sent support letters to us embassy,my wife,her daughter. and friends also sent many support letters to prove they know about our ongoing relationship.At the end we got what we fought for

Good luck

Thanks alots for your reply... you can understand what we are going through...and on top of that my wife is not well... she is coming back to india again on Nov so that we can submit everything we have to the embassy... can you help me with the sites that deal with free equal justice and immigration organization online...

thanks alots...

• 2 months later...
Filed: Timeline

Thanks alots for your reply... you can understand what we are going through...and on top of that my wife is not well... she is coming back to india again on Nov so that we can submit everything we have to the embassy... can you help me with the sites that deal with free equal justice and immigration organization online...

thanks alots...

Any updates on the case? Our case is also pending at the consulate since sept. 25, 2012?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Nahi yaar...Tera ho gaya hai hence you are talking in this way...

Pur aisa kuch nahi hai...sub ka case alug hi hota hai....

What are you talking about?

How many times have you applied for the visa? Any type of visa?

That is the job of CO to doubt every applicant as someone who was going to violate the visa and every applicant was applying for visa just to migrate to US.

It also depends on the fraud cases from that particular country, when a country has high rate of visa fraud, every applicant has to go thru tougher questioning and tough time to prove their intent is genuine.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.