CR1-PROCESS

Case completed at NVC.. Whats next??

7 posts in this topic

Respected VJ'ers,

I called NVC today and they informed that our case completed on last Tuesday (09/25/12) and now it is in the queue to schedule for a interview at US Embassy in Islamabad. The representative told me that they are going to start schedule interview in 2nd week of October for November dates. She told me that they schedule every month 2nd week for the following month schedule dates provided them by the Embassy.

My question is that how long it will take usually for a interview date should be schedule?

Are we going to get an e-mail confirmation from NVC when the interview will be schedule?

Does my wife (Beneficiary) is going to get packet 3 OR 4 from Embassy OR how it will works?

I am an Agent here in USA for my Wife (Beneficiary).

What about medical and what documents are we going to need to bring to Embassy at the time of Interview. We already submitted all required Documents in Original at NVC.

Is Embassy going to send mail OR call prior to our interview date to let us know what we need to bring at the time of the interview?

Thanks in Advance!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Really 24 people read this post yet and no response???? wacko.gif

I think I read it 2 times and got distracted and did not respond... will try to answer some of your questions.

My question is that how long it will take usually for a interview date should be schedule?

--Depends on the workload of the embassy, as they describe it i would hope for a interview in Nov Sometime.... one way to see interview dates is see who has recently goten an interview date and it will give you an estimate of lag time.

Are we going to get an e-mail confirmation from NVC when the interview will be schedule?

If you have provided an email you will recieve and email. IF you have not provided an email they will mail the letter to the address of the beneficiary.

Does my wife (Beneficiary) is going to get packet 3 OR 4 from Embassy OR how it will works?

Its a packet 4, they will ask for her to gather a Police report, Medical Record, Passport Pictures and affidavit of support docs, proof of relationship ... i think you probably already know this.

the Packet 4 is generally the instructions for the interview it will include instruction for items i listed above.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Pakistan&cty=Islamabad

This is a great resource to answer all of the questions you have. Just a heads up due to the recent changes in the conditions of Pakistan and the protesting..etc. Also the Holidays coming up... the time line or an estimate could be greatly affected. give you an example I konw someone who sent in information to schedule an interview 2 days before we did and they have a interview date 9 days before us.

if you want something to do in the mean time... you can review questions they will ask your wife prepare her for the interview. To get her familiaries... this can be a very stresfull experiance and having had exposure to this might make it a little easier.

Hi sn530,

First, I like to thank you for replying to my post.

So, if my Wife e-mail was not provided then my wife should be getting mail from US Embassy that will be a letter refer as packet 4 with all instructions and documents needed with medical requirement.

My wife Police certificate will expire in January 2013. Do, I need to have her make another one right now OR the one already submitted to NVC will be acceptable at the time of her interview?

I did submitted all the Original documents to NVC with DS-230 Part 1 signed and DS-230 part II (Not sign). AOS form with IRS transcripts for 3yrs (No Cosponsor needed).

You are right about the time line will be effect due to the current situation and holidays coming up in November (5 days).

I hope this wait will over soon and things goes smooth and comes out in our favor.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

The timeline in my signature will also give you some idea.

I think, as long as your interview is before the expiration of the police certificate, you should be ok.

Packet 4 will describe in detail what you will have to take to the interview. I recommend taking a copy of everything that has been submitted so far, just in case.

11/04/11 Got Married

USCIS:

12/28/11 - I-130 Sent

12/30/11 - NOA1 Received

06/08/12 - NOA2 Received

NVC:

07/02/12 - Case arrived at NVC

07/12/12 - Received case #, IIN, and BIN, gave e-mail addresses

07/13/12 - E-mailed DS-3032 from Beneficiary's e-mail address

07/23/12 - AOS bill invoiced & PAID

07/24/12 - DS-3032 accepted, IV bill invoiced & PAID

07/25/12 - AOS bill appears as PAID, IV bill appears as PAID, AOS Package sent, IV Package sent

07/26/12 - AOS and IV Packages delivered to NVC

08/01/12 - AOS/I-864 accepted, Checklist Issued for DS-230

08/13/12 - Responded to Checklist

08/20/12 - IV accepted, Case Complete

09/14/12 - Interview date Assigned (Interview Date: 10/04/12)

Medical/US Consulate/POE:

09/21/12 - Medical

10/04/12 - Interview (Approved!)

10/08/12 - Visa received

11/02/12 - POE (Chicago, IL)

11/25/12 - Received Permanent Resident Card

11/26/12 - Applied for SSN at SSA Office

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

The timeline in my signature will also give you some idea.

I think, as long as your interview is before the expiration of the police certificate, you should be ok.

Packet 4 will describe in detail what you will have to take to the interview. I recommend taking a copy of everything that has been submitted so far, just in case.

Agreed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.