Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

wife to be in India with valid B2 - transfer to H4

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: India

I am currently on H1b valid till Feb2013 and I797 valid till Dec 2013. I intend to go back to india and marry my girl friend who has a valid tourist visa. I want know if it would be advised to get married before February2013 (my existing visa validity date) and bring here in her valid B2 and then apply for a transfer through my University.

or should I get married come back and process H4 from USA? in that case she would be granted visa only till Dec 2013 ( my current I797 validity date).

Or would it be best to process my visa renewal process June 2013 ( Dec 2013 is the urrent I797 validity date) and then go get married and appear for the interview together? If so can the H4 be applied for while I am in India merely on the basis of marriage certificate and photographs? Do I need additional papers from university?

Look forward to your help and suggestions

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...