daxesh

Immigration Interview on/after 26 september at US Consulate, India

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Yes my spouse has in 2nd week of October. There should be no courier fees but Site does not work to register a address for Immigrant Visa Interview. As far as documents go you should take to the embassy but in my case my wife submit all the documents to VFS in Chandigarh on 24th and they took it. Interview letter said she had to bring her medical to Visa Interview. Called New Delhi Embassy they said it was okay but help line said no. Nobody had no info.

where is your appointment? If you have appointment in mumbai then you would have a great help for MuMBAI VJ members but if you have Interview in Delhi then oh well no luck nobody is really active in VJ. Good luck

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Yes my spouse has in 2nd week of October. There should be no courier fees but Site does not work to register a address for Immigrant Visa Interview. As far as documents go you should take to the embassy but in my case my wife submit all the documents to VFS in Chandigarh on 24th and they took it. Interview letter said she had to bring her medical to Visa Interview. Called New Delhi Embassy they said it was okay but help line said no. Nobody had no info.

where is your appointment? If you have appointment in mumbai then you would have a great help for MuMBAI VJ members but if you have Interview in Delhi then oh well no luck nobody is really active in VJ. Good luck

Thanks tycoon,

I have interview at Mumbai next week.

I have registered for courier address online and site is working fine.. U just need to click on "IV address registration" on left Pane.

Edited by daxesh

Priority Date: May 2010

NVC Case Completed: Apr 2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Anybody scheduled to have interview on/after 26 Sept 2012 at US Consualte, India?

There are changes in Courier fee payment and documents submission

Can anybody clarify and/or share there experience?

Hi Daxesh,

My husband had his Mumbai Interview yesterday and was a part of this new VFS change. He got approved, you can read the whole history in our review. Essentials are: No fees as Passport/Visa are couried free of charge as long as address is in the Consulates Locale. Otherwise, will be shipped to a site close to your home address and which you select when you register on the Travel Documents page.

Also, just take all your documents, originals, medical report and supporting evidence with you on the day of the Interview. They take them on the same day now. It was fairly easy as per my husband, just a pain to lug all that on the day of.

Good Luck!!!

08/2007 - Met at work

10/2007 - Started chatting

05/2008 - He was back in USA for work

07/2008 - Started dating

01/2009 - ENGAGED!

07/2009 - Convinced his family for our Marriage

08/2009 - MARRIED!!

10/2009 - Moved to India

02/2011 - My Father diagnosed with Cancer (since Recovered)

08/2011 - Filed for I-130 during trip to US, hired Lawyer.

08/22/2011 - NOA1.

02/2012 - Still waiting for NOA2 Approval

03/06/2012 - I-130 Approved!!!! Thank you GOD and USCIS!!

05/09/2012 - AOS and DS-230 Checklist from NVC.

05/31/2012 - AOS and DS-230 sent together to NVC.

06/13/2012 - Email from NVC RFE for AOS documents already sent????

07/13/2012 - ANOTHER Email from NVC RFE for AOS documents already signed!!!

8/6/2012 - Packet 4 Received! Interview date assigned!!

9/28/2012 - Immigration Interview - APPROVED!!!

Nnqmp5.png

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hi Daxesh,

My husband had his Mumbai Interview yesterday and was a part of this new VFS change. He got approved, you can read the whole history in our review. Essentials are: No fees as Passport/Visa are couried free of charge as long as address is in the Consulates Locale. Otherwise, will be shipped to a site close to your home address and which you select when you register on the Travel Documents page.

Also, just take all your documents, originals, medical report and supporting evidence with you on the day of the Interview. They take them on the same day now. It was fairly easy as per my husband, just a pain to lug all that on the day of.

Good Luck!!!

Thanks Mandybear

What about fingerprint? Is seperate appoint needed for that at OFC (Offsite Facilitation center)?

Priority Date: May 2010

NVC Case Completed: Apr 2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks Mandybear

What about fingerprint? Is seperate appoint needed for that at OFC (Offsite Facilitation center)?

Nope, fingerprint is done on the day of your Interview at the VFS/Consulate/Embassy.

Good luck!

congrats mandy

Thanks Tycoon!! ;)

08/2007 - Met at work

10/2007 - Started chatting

05/2008 - He was back in USA for work

07/2008 - Started dating

01/2009 - ENGAGED!

07/2009 - Convinced his family for our Marriage

08/2009 - MARRIED!!

10/2009 - Moved to India

02/2011 - My Father diagnosed with Cancer (since Recovered)

08/2011 - Filed for I-130 during trip to US, hired Lawyer.

08/22/2011 - NOA1.

02/2012 - Still waiting for NOA2 Approval

03/06/2012 - I-130 Approved!!!! Thank you GOD and USCIS!!

05/09/2012 - AOS and DS-230 Checklist from NVC.

05/31/2012 - AOS and DS-230 sent together to NVC.

06/13/2012 - Email from NVC RFE for AOS documents already sent????

07/13/2012 - ANOTHER Email from NVC RFE for AOS documents already signed!!!

8/6/2012 - Packet 4 Received! Interview date assigned!!

9/28/2012 - Immigration Interview - APPROVED!!!

Nnqmp5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.