Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Please help, advice on what to do, what are chances of getting expedited I-131 approved

1 post in this topic

Recommended Posts

I have a major dilemma. I stand to lose several thousands of dollars. I purchased a vacation package with trip cancellation insurance but it doesn't cover " No travel documents " . I called the Mexican Embassy before I paid for the trip to make sure there would be no problems.I told them when I called that My birth certificate doesn't match my ID, I was abandoned as a child and was later adopted but i have all the adoption papers to prove why my last name changed. they reassured me and said oh no need to worry, you will get your passport that same day." So I paid for my trip after being re-assured I would have no problems. my trip starts in a month!!!. I looked all over for my Expired Mexican passport and when I couldn't find it anywhere I finally asked My EX and she admitted she threw my passport and birth certificate away during our divorce. I went to the Mexican embassy last Week with my permanent resident card, adoption papers and another certified copy of my Mexican birth certificate. They told me that I am no longer a Mexican citizen because I was adopted by my American born Father as a Minor. Naturally I asked to speak to a supervisor who said Mexican law states I am no longer a Mexican citizen so under no circumstances can they issue me a passport, so I talked to the Director of that consulate office, and I told him that this same office issued me a Mexican passport in 2001 with no problems and they told me over the phone when I made the appointment that I would have no problems. he became very upset and said " We should have never issued you a passport!!! " I went to the USCIS office and they advised me I do not qualify for adoption based citizenship because only my adoptive Father was a US citizen my mother was a permanent resident until after I became an adult. The USCIS office was very compassionate and understanding and said to send a request for an Expedited I-131. I expressed mailed a copy of my adoption papers a copy of my non-refundable tickets, and 2 SASE express mailers along with copies of other required documents for an expedited I-131 but when I called the USCIS office they were not so understanding. I am so stressed, I have read the horror stories of the expedited i-131 process on these forums and I pray to God every day that they approve my expedited I-131. I have been a permanent resident for 25 years. I should add that I have not applied for my citizenship because I was a troubled young adult in a Gang infested area. As a child I was constantly harassed, threatened, and jumped. when I finally joined a gang it all stopped . I haven't done any major time in jail, and as soon as I was old enough I left the gang, I moved for away, haven't ever looked back and turned my life around. unfortunately I do have a misdemeanor drug conviction that was expunged over 20 years ago and a robbery I wasn't ever convicted of but it's still on my arrest record. I am now in the medical field and volunteer my services in underprivileged communities as a way to payback for all the blessings God has granted me. I have been a model Tax payer for over 2 decades. I just don't know what else to do. I even went to a different Mexican embassy over 100 miles away and they said they couldn't help me because I am not in their jurisdiction or a Mexican citizen!!. I stand to lose thousands of dollars, not to mention 2 weeks of unpaid leave at work because I was already approved for the time off which only adds to my financial windfall, in this economy that amount would bankrupt me, affecting myself my household budget and of course my children. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated along with your prayers. Thank you for reading this long winded post and God bless you for making this country founded by immigrants like myself the country of opportunity we call home.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.