Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Maximum Lenght of Travel on AP

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts


I have my I-485 Adjustment of Status in progress (came in as K1 visa and got married.) I received my Employment Authorization and Advance Parole card already.

I have to leave the country for approx ***3 months*** to attend to a family member sickness. Is there any issue for re-entering the country?

What is the general guideline on how long you can leave the country???

Thank you for your suggestions


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You must return to the U.S. before the Advance Parole expires. 3 Months outside the U.S. shouldn't be a problem .

You will also have to have someone reliable checking your mail while you are gone to make sure you get information about any correspondence from USCIS while you are abroad.

Good luck to you :yes:

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.