nebcan

US Driver's License

17 posts in this topic

I've been emailing my Department of Transportation and luckily they just need an SSN and the number on his I-94. Plus the residencey thing like him on my address and utility bills. I may have more of an outlook once we get to the DMV but that's how MO has spelled it out for me at this point.

yea, I got i-94 that suprassed the EAD for months and officially it should have been enough but, no... they still went with the EAD.

and, once again you are working with someone who thinks they know it all so depending on who you get stucked with at the desk you might end up not getting a DL, like happened on my first visit.

Each state is different, so definitely check with you state DMV. As for California, you can just get in with EAD or some proof that you are legally supposed to be in the United States. CA DMV has a list of documents that their staff can accept as proof of residency. K-1 Visa alone is not enough because you have to remember that K-1 is a non-immigrant visa. When you apply for the AOS and get your EAD, then you can get the DL since EAD is one of the documents on the CA DMV list. Don't try to convince the staff since they are not immigration officials.

1/18/2013 - Married

3/5/2013 - Filed AOS, EAD & AP

3/7/2013 - USCIS Chicago rec'd applications

3/12/2013 - USCIS sends NOA1 email

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.