LoveJoy83

Mandatory Administrative processing

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

This is very concerning to me. My husband had his interview on August 2nd. He was approved, but they requested police reports from other countries he had been in over 3 years ago. My husband got it into them. On Septermber 6th, he received an email:

Dear Applicant,

Your case is undergoing mandatory administrative processing. No further action on your part is necessary at this time. There is no way to know how long the processing may take or when a decision will be made. Please wait for the Embassy to contact you.

Immigrant Visa Unit, US Embassy Bangkok

Ok, so it has been over 2 weeks since we've heard from them and I asked my husband to contact them again. They sent him the same exact e-mail. What is administrative processing and how long does it take? It is really getting frustrating. Unfortantly, I had to request time off well in advance and I did just that. I've just started my vacation and I was expecting my husband to be here. In everything I've read, it is suppose to take 2-4 business days after the interview to get the visa. So when we received word that they received the extra documents, I assumed that 2 plus weeks was plenty of time.

Please has this happend to anyone else before? How long should we really be expecting to be waiting?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Maybe its taking longer then usual to review the police report, did you husband have the police reports at the interview? or did he have to come back to give it to them. How many countries had he been in? If it was multiple countries maybe that also has something to do with the delay?

This is very concerning to me. My husband had his interview on August 2nd. He was approved, but they requested police reports from other countries he had been in over 3 years ago. My husband got it into them. On Septermber 6th, he received an email:

Dear Applicant,

Your case is undergoing mandatory administrative processing. No further action on your part is necessary at this time. There is no way to know how long the processing may take or when a decision will be made. Please wait for the Embassy to contact you.

Immigrant Visa Unit, US Embassy Bangkok

Ok, so it has been over 2 weeks since we've heard from them and I asked my husband to contact them again. They sent him the same exact e-mail. What is administrative processing and how long does it take? It is really getting frustrating. Unfortantly, I had to request time off well in advance and I did just that. I've just started my vacation and I was expecting my husband to be here. In everything I've read, it is suppose to take 2-4 business days after the interview to get the visa. So when we received word that they received the extra documents, I assumed that 2 plus weeks was plenty of time.

Please has this happend to anyone else before? How long should we really be expecting to be waiting?

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

They had the police report from his home country Nigeria and Thailand were he is right now because he sent it in with the DS 230. He was in Russia for 2 years attending school, but that was over 3 years ago. It was not on the letter of things to bring to the interview and it was not required on the DS 230. But they have had the other 2 for awhile. We got the letter for this interview on June 26th. So at the interview they just requested that he get one from when he was in Russia. It is just stressful.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.