Hao

Mistake in the original I-129F form

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi all,

I just discovered that I have made a mistake in the date I first met my fiancee. In section 18, I listed it as 10/7/2012 when it should be 10/7/2011. Is there anyway to correct this? Will I get an RFE about this?

Thanks in advance!

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:wow: i dont know what to say, your face with a problem that might come back to hunt you all at the interview stage.

AOS

10/16/2012 Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131
10/19/2012 NOA1
11/09/2012 Biometrics Apt @ 3pm
12/25/2012 EAD/AP Approval
01/05/2013 Received EAD/AP in mail

06/20/2013 AOS APPROVED!!!!!

LIFTING OF CONDITIONS

3/23/15 Mailed I-751

3/25/15 NOA1

3/28/15 NOA1 Received in the Mail

4/28/15 Biometrics Apt.

11/13/15 ROC Approved

11/18/15 Approval Letter Received

Timeline

You could get a Request For Evidence document. This is because the date you wrote on question 18 does not match the dates of the evidence you submitted to prove you met your fiance within 2 years of filing the petition. When you get the RFE document, simply correct the error and resubmit.

This happens a lot. The last such occurrence that I can remember was a member who forgot to check one of the checkmark boxes on the last page. He got an RFE, changed the error and did not have a problem later

K1 Visa Stage
Aug 23, 2010: I-129F NOA 1
Feb 07, 2011: I-129F NOA 2
May 23, 2011: Interview. Blue Slip
Jun 20, 2011: Submit Documents: 1) Timeline, 2) 10 year residency(me), 3) 10 year residency(Thu), 4) Letter explaining how/where we met. Second Blue Slip
Feb 03, 2012: U.S. Consulate Investigators call Thu's residence. Spoke to Thu and Thu's parents
Feb 27, 2012: Received email from the U.S. Consulate that our case is finished processing. Requested to submit updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 06, 2012: Submitted updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 21, 2012: Received K1 Visa
Apr 07, 2012: Point of Entry @ LAX

Adjustment of Status Stage
Apr 23, 2012: Got married!
Apr 30, 2012: Received Social Security Card
Jun 30, 2012: Applied for AOS
Sep 22, 2012: Received Employment Authorization Card...Still waiting for 2 yr GC

May 01, 2013: Received 2yr GC

Removal of Conditions Stage

Apr 18, 2015: Will apply for 10yr GC

Timeline

I called them earlier today, and they said I can mail in a letter with the corrected information. I will try that and to see if it helps. I have no one to blame but myself for not reviewing my information carefully before submitting :(

event.png

Timeline

I had a similar situation where I tried to correct some transposed numbers in my original I-129F.

I sent a very clear cover letter stating our number and the situation.

The USCIS basicall treated it as a new submission and rejected my I-129F since there was not check attached to it.

Meaning, they didn't even read my cover letter explanation.

everything turned out ok in the end.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

It may cause a delay if you get an RFE, but there's no way it can actually affect the outcome, because it's after the date you sent it in. I mean, even the USCIS and the consulate can figure out that you didn't meet in the future.

Timeline

After I found out about my mistake, I wrote a letter explaining the mistake + a corrected I-129F form + some evidence to back up my statement. I mailed them to the CSC office, and three weeks later, I got back everything I sent with a general inquiry response letter telling me how to go online to check my case status, etc. I was confused on what happened, so I called them up and they told me that I shouldn't include an I-129F form in my correction letter. So I removed that form that mailed everything back again. It has been more than 3 weeks now and no letter back, so hopefully they accept it this time. I really hope it won't get delayed by a month or two because of my silly mistake.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.