Hammer2722

Got a big surprise today!!!

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

This week I had to deal with the USCIS sending my NOA2 to my old address. I figured it would be another 2 weeks till I got the letter re-sent to me. Well, today my girl told me on Skype that she just recieved a letter in the mail telling her that her K1 packet was in Kiev and that she needed to get her documents ready and call for her interview. #######???? Here I was expecting to have a delay but lo and behold, they had sent the K1 docs quite a while back!!!! Man, am I shocked to all hell.

So, now I have the KEV number and will soon be making arrangements to meet Lena in Kiev. I do have a question for those who have gotten the Police report in Ukraine. How long does it take to get this report and what is the cost? I would definitely appreciate any help. Thanks!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

My wife is from Ukraine and it has been a couple of years so I may have forgotten but it seems like the police report was relatively quick and easy. My wife was a lawyer back home so it may have been easier for her that others but your girl could probably ask any Notarus office. I can ask my wife for more details if needed.

Vika says she thinks it took about a week. She couldn't remember the cost.

Great, that seems to be the right answer. Lena will be going to order the certificate next week. She just submitted her passport renewal 2 weeks ago so she wants to wait for this to arrive before making her appts in Kiev.

Thanks Brad!

Great, that seems to be the right answer. Lena will be going to order the certificate next week. She just submitted her passport renewal 2 weeks ago so she wants to wait for this to arrive before making her appts in Kiev.

Thanks Brad!

Sure thing Hector. Hang in there, the information gathering is the worst of it, next to the wait.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

This week I had to deal with the USCIS sending my NOA2 to my old address. I figured it would be another 2 weeks till I got the letter re-sent to me. Well, today my girl told me on Skype that she just recieved a letter in the mail telling her that her K1 packet was in Kiev and that she needed to get her documents ready and call for her interview. #######???? Here I was expecting to have a delay but lo and behold, they had sent the K1 docs quite a while back!!!! Man, am I shocked to all hell.

So, now I have the KEV number and will soon be making arrangements to meet Lena in Kiev. I do have a question for those who have gotten the Police report in Ukraine. How long does it take to get this report and what is the cost? I would definitely appreciate any help. Thanks!!!!

Oh buddy....party down now....because your life is "gonna change" !! You'll love it though ! Congrats.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

The K-1 docuemnts are not the same as the NOA2 and you still need the NOA2 and you WILL need it for every step in this process. AOS, RoC and citizenship. SO make SURE you get it. She will also need it at the interview (copy of it will be OK fr the interview)

Police reports typically take 3 weeks, you can usually bribe them and get it a little faster. She knows how.

Vika says she thinks it took about a week. She couldn't remember the cost.

Depends on the Oblast. 44UAH in Donetsk in 2008 plus $20 USD to get it in one week.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yep, Hector, there is the 2 day price and the two week price. We had plenty of time and Tanya being the frugal girl that she is we went with the 10 grivna 2 week price. Whatever you do let your girl handle it. If you are with her it is amazing how quick the principle of inflation may take hold... :lol:

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

The K-1 docuemnts are not the same as the NOA2 and you still need the NOA2 and you WILL need it for every step in this process. AOS, RoC and citizenship. SO make SURE you get it. She will also need it at the interview (copy of it will be OK fr the interview)

Police reports typically take 3 weeks, you can usually bribe them and get it a little faster. She knows how.

Depends on the Oblast. 44UAH in Donetsk in 2008 plus $20 USD to get it in one week.

They are supposed to be re-sending the NOA2 to me. They say to wait up to 15 days for this. I'll be keeping a close eye on this.

Timeline

Hector,

We got our police certificate in Kyiv. We applied on Monday morning and picked it up Tuesday after 5:30 p.m. It's a zoo. There were a hundred people there trying to crowd into this little office. But at least here, you have it on the second day. I don't remember the cost, but the more you pay the quicker you get it!

Timeline

Hector,

We got our police certificate in Kyiv. We applied on Monday morning and picked it up Tuesday after 5:30 p.m. It's a zoo. There were a hundred people there trying to crowd into this little office. But at least here, you have it on the second day. I don't remember the cost, but the more you pay the quicker you get it!

It was 150 UAH for the police certificate to pick up the next day.

Well, I just got another letter but it seems what I got re-sent was a letter from the NVC that I never got. I thought they were re-sending me the NOA2. Will I be needing this NOA2 later on down the road or can I just move on and work on the interview since this letter does say that my application was approved?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Well, I just got another letter but it seems what I got re-sent was a letter from the NVC that I never got. I thought they were re-sending me the NOA2. Will I be needing this NOA2 later on down the road or can I just move on and work on the interview since this letter does say that my application was approved?

A copy of the NOA2 should be sent with your AOS paperwork? Check the AOS Guides.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.