iamlianne

does k2 visa holder can go in germany?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i asked this question and search million times but cant find the answer.. i called military hotline but they arent helpful.. my kids got approved for k2 visa. they will be here next week. my husband is AirForce, he got his orders to go Ramstein,Germany on December. right after his Graduation for this Tech. School in Goodfellow, Texas.. i have my greencard, Ap/EAD combo card.. my concerns are

1.does my kids can go with us in Germany? even they dont have greencard yet or advance parole

2. cann we apply for adjustment of status in Germany for the kids?

3.what are the requiremnts we need, if ever we can go with my husband in germany?

PLEASE help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crying:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

i asked this question and search million times but cant find the answer.. i called military hotline but they arent helpful.. my kids got approved for k2 visa. they will be here next week. my husband is AirForce, he got his orders to go Ramstein,Germany on December. right after his Graduation for this Tech. School in Goodfellow, Texas.. i have my greencard, Ap/EAD combo card.. my concerns are

1.does my kids can go with us in Germany? even they dont have greencard yet or advance parole

2. cann we apply for adjustment of status in Germany for the kids?

3.what are the requiremnts we need, if ever we can go with my husband in germany?

PLEASE help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crying:

Your Husband need to make an appointment with s US Air Force Lawyer to get answers. I suspect he will have to legally adopt your kids in order for them to be recognized by the US Air Force as legal dependents and be entered into the DEERS System. Good Luck and GOD Bless Mr Pangga :)

5 OCT 2011 Meet on a Free Christian Website www.jaderune.com
19 OCT 2011 Agree to be exclusive GF & BF after seeing her CENOMAR
10 NOV 2011 He Purchased Round Trip Ticket to Meet Me and Family.
7 to 27 FEB 2012 We Meet and Spent 21 Wonderful Days in Bohol.
26 FEB 2012 Engagement.
12 MAR 2012 I-129F Mailed to Dallas, TX Lock Box.
19 MAR 2012 USCIS email NOA1 and sent to California Service Center.
22 MAR 2012 NOA1 Letter I-797C received from snail mail.
20 APR 2012 Another NOA1 Letter I-797C this time with Alien # Added.
15 AUG 2012 She travels to Cebu an Obtained: NSO, NBI, BC and CFO Seminar Certificate in hand.
28 AUG 2012 NOA#2 I-797, received text and confirmed on dashboard. 162 days from NOA#1.
28 AUG 2012 FEDEX my packet to Her. Added I-134, Newly dated Intent to Marry Letter.
4 SEP 2012 FEDEX received in Bohol.
5 SEP 2012 MNL#, IIN# and BID# all retrieved from NVC.
6 SEP 2012 BPI payment made.
26 SEP 2012 St Lukes Medical PASSED smile.png
9 NOV 2012 Embassy Interview Date: Result = APPROAVED
15 NOV 2012 2GO Visa Delivered

22 NOV 2012 Point of Entry, Detroit, Michigan USA

28 NOV 2012 Marriage License

7 DEC Applied SSN, 17 DEC recieved SS Card

29 DEC Married

Adjustment of Status filed in Mid MAR 2013

AOS has 3 each NOA1 recieved

Biometrics was done mid April 2013.

SS Card changed to Married Name with Madien Name now middle name.

EAD / AP combo-card approved 18 MAY 2013.

AOS Interview was 28 MAY 2013, Approved.

Green Card with EAD/AP recieved 15 June 2013.

The above is incorrect, he just has to get them command sponsored. They are dependents of his due to being married to you. He has to go to the Military Personnel Flight (MPF). He will also have to get them cleared medically to go to germany with you both (and you will need a medical clearance too). You will have to file for adjustement of status for the kids before you leave. They need to adjust status so they dont drop out of the DEERS system. The adjustment of status allows them to get a SSN so they wont drop out of the DEERS system after awhile. They will need a green card or if you dont do that, you will have to reapply for them before coming back to the US.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Timeline

The above is incorrect, he just has to get them command sponsored. They are dependents of his due to being married to you. He has to go to the Military Personnel Flight (MPF). He will also have to get them cleared medically to go to germany with you both (and you will need a medical clearance too). You will have to file for adjustement of status for the kids before you leave. They need to adjust status so they dont drop out of the DEERS system. The adjustment of status allows them to get a SSN so they wont drop out of the DEERS system after awhile. They will need a green card or if you dont do that, you will have to reapply for them before coming back to the US.

OMG Finally!!! an answer! first thank you so much.. its really help a lot!!!! my husband talked to military personnel. they said the boys need to be in deers, and have medical with me! then give them the kids and my passports and they will send it to germany to put a special stamps.. iam not sure what called that stamps is but i think its called SOFA..

one more question please,,, can we adjust status in Germany for my kids?!? or we have to do it here in states?

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Edited by iamlianne

Timeline

Your Husband need to make an appointment with s US Air Force Lawyer to get answers. I suspect he will have to legally adopt your kids in order for them to be recognized by the US Air Force as legal dependents and be entered into the DEERS System. Good Luck and GOD Bless Mr Pangga :)

thank you so much for the reply!!! :)

OMG Finally!!! an answer! first thank you so much.. its really help a lot!!!! my husband talked to military personnel. they said the boys need to be in deers, and have medical with me! then give them the kids and my passports and they will send it to germany to put a special stamps.. iam not sure what called that stamps is but i think its called SOFA..

one more question please,,, can we adjust status in Germany for my kids?!? or we have to do it here in states?

THANK YOU SO MUCH

yeah Germany is a SOFA stamp. As far as the adjustment of status, I havent had to deal with that, but I would think they would have to adjust status in the US, get the green card, then go to Germany. Once overseas with a conditional green card, you can file to remove conditions.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.