James Dalton

Packet 3 Checklist for Vancouver

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

On the Vancouver Checklist it asks for the following..

1. Divorce and Death certificate.

THE NVC had also asked for this July 5h of me and my Fiancee as a RFE. We sent the ORIGINALS and they acknowledged receipt and approved and sent us the NOA 2 on August 30th.

QUESTION: How can we supply again originals? Will our Orginal documents end up in VANCOUVER? Can I take photo copies? ( Sorry but just want to make sure I have what I need when I get to Vancouver)

Any suggestions or comments is so appreciated.

On the Vancouver Checklist it asks for the following..

1. Divorce and Death certificate.

THE NVC had also asked for this July 5h of me and my Fiancee as a RFE. We sent the ORIGINALS and they acknowledged receipt and approved and sent us the NOA 2 on August 30th.

QUESTION: How can we supply again originals? Will our Orginal documents end up in VANCOUVER? Can I take photo copies? ( Sorry but just want to make sure I have what I need when I get to Vancouver)

Any suggestions or comments is so appreciated.

In my opinion I would take the RFE with you, receipt of them getting the document (original), then take the copy with you. You can also order another death certificate online through vital statistics and they are pretty darned quick at getting it out to. I had to aquire one for my first born.It came within a week so you still have time.

Yeah on the Consulate getting your papers..

Enjoy your trip to see your sweetie

Fiance visa

04/28/2011 - I-129F - DENIED

02/18/2012 - I-129F petition filed
02/24/2012 - NOA1
09/04/2012 - NOA2, 193 days

Interview:10/22/2012
POE: 10/26/2012 (245 days)

Removal of Conditions

Filed for ROC - 06/09/2015

NOA1 for ROC - 06/12/2015

Biometrics appointment - 07/17/2015

Approval for ROC - 04/20/2016 (316 days)

Naturalization Process

N-400 Filed 06/10/2016

N-400 NOA1 06/14/2016

N-400 biometrics 06/20/16

N-400 interview 01/23/2017

N-400 Oath ceremony 02/10/2017

Immigration Process took 2116 days.

Timeline

In my opinion I would take the RFE with you, receipt of them getting the document (original), then take the copy with you. You can also order another death certificate online through vital statistics and they are pretty darned quick at getting it out to. I had to aquire one for my first born.It came within a week so you still have time.

Yeah on the Consulate getting your papers..

Enjoy your trip to see your sweetie

Thank you... YES. I was able to email the Vancouver Consolate and they confirmed they have the original documents for the NVC so I will not need to get anything further. They also just emailed that Packet 3 has been sent so I am now going to fax back the Checklist and DS-230. Trying to get an apppointment by end of October and it looks good as they are only 29 days till the next one from today. So we is excited. keep in touch on your too....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you... YES. I was able to email the Vancouver Consolate and they confirmed they have the original documents for the NVC so I will not need to get anything further. They also just emailed that Packet 3 has been sent so I am now going to fax back the Checklist and DS-230. Trying to get an apppointment by end of October and it looks good as they are only 29 days till the next one from today. So we is excited. keep in touch on your too....

Just booked our interview today in late October - maybe we'll run into each other! Wishing you two all the best!

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

Just booked our interview today in late October - maybe we'll run into each other! Wishing you two all the best!

Yes... Maybe we willo. I sent back Packet 3 late last night by fax and hope to have the Packet 4 to give me instructions on booking my interview. Yes, I have a flight booked for the week of October 22-26 so hope to get my interview booked that week. When are you there? If you want to share.

Thank you for your help and support.

Timeline

Yes... Maybe we willo. I sent back Packet 3 late last night by fax and hope to have the Packet 4 to give me instructions on booking my interview. Yes, I have a flight booked for the week of October 22-26 so hope to get my interview booked that week. When are you there? If you want to share.

Thank you for your help and support.

Interview on Oct 26 for me - I guess you don't know your date yet? Make sure you get your medical done early since you will need to pick up the results later - my medical is on a Friday but I won't get the results until Monday after 4pm (although I am doing my medical during the last week of September so I have plenty of time before the interview). When I checked last night, the earliest interview time was for Oct. 19 and there was one almost every day after that with rare exception.

It took me a few days to get Packet 4, but you could always email Vancouver Consulate and ask them to email you Packet 4 so you could get it earlier and book earlier -not sure how long it would take you to get it in snail mail.

VeeNDee

Timeline

Interview on Oct 26 for me - I guess you don't know your date yet? Make sure you get your medical done early since you will need to pick up the results later - my medical is on a Friday but I won't get the results until Monday after 4pm (although I am doing my medical during the last week of September so I have plenty of time before the interview). When I checked last night, the earliest interview time was for Oct. 19 and there was one almost every day after that with rare exception.

It took me a few days to get Packet 4, but you could always email Vancouver Consulate and ask them to email you Packet 4 so you could get it earlier and book earlier -not sure how long it would take you to get it in snail mail.

Thanks again... yes, I have emailed about Packet 4 and hopefully I will get from them today or early next week. I know that the date of interviews are 29 days out, but were you able to see specific days? If I have not gotten packet 4 yet could I still pay the fee ? I am registered but not paid as of yet. Just a dumb question sorry.

Timeline

Thanks again... yes, I have emailed about Packet 4 and hopefully I will get from them today or early next week. I know that the date of interviews are 29 days out, but were you able to see specific days? If I have not gotten packet 4 yet could I still pay the fee ? I am registered but not paid as of yet. Just a dumb question sorry.

Once I paid the fee I could see a calendar with available days. Every day just has one time slot at 10am (so my guess is all appointments are the same 'time' but they take whoever is there first????). The first day was the one I mentioned. There are not any appointments on Saturdays or Sundays, and on average 4 of the 5 days per week had time available. Not sure if the one day a week on average was some random event that they close for or if they were already booked that day.

VeeNDee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.