The Nature Boy

On the wya to Cebu

7 posts in this topic

in 2 more days.The thought of that 14 hour plane ride makes me ill.I have found out i can rent a house for two weeks cheaper than most motels.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you are on one of the Asian-based airlines it won't be too bad at all - they have great air staff, and you get a private TV with tons of great movies to pick from to watch, or you can get free booze and go to sleep. ;-)

I enjoy Cebu. Check out Ayala Mall - beautiful place to hang out and have coffee or lunch in the terrace area.

Oh and one crucial tip. When you are flying back out of Cebu leave plenty of time to get to airport. You might think it's a 1 hour cab ride but if traffic is bad or it rains and creates flooding on the roads it might be a 3 or 4 hour journey to the airport.....Cebu has terrible drainage infrastructure, made worse by the trash and litter that washes into the drains when it rains creating clogs in the little drainage infrastructure that does exist.

Edited by newbster

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You are on the East coast , from the West Coast I had 19 hour flight in Delta with no private TV. Enjoy you trip buddy. My fiancee will be here in less than 3 weeks

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

If you are on one of the Asian-based airlines it won't be too bad at all - they have great air staff, and you get a private TV with tons of great movies to pick from to watch, or you can get free booze and go to sleep. ;-)

I enjoy Cebu. Check out Ayala Mall - beautiful place to hang out and have coffee or lunch in the terrace area.

Oh and one crucial tip. When you are flying back out of Cebu leave plenty of time to get to airport. You might think it's a 1 hour cab ride but if traffic is bad or it rains and creates flooding on the roads it might be a 3 or 4 hour journey to the airport.....Cebu has terrible drainage infrastructure, made worse by the trash and litter that washes into the drains when it rains creating clogs in the little drainage infrastructure that does exist.

We will be staying Talisay. My brother in Law will drive us. Ayala is nice, but I spent most of my mall time at SM. That is one big mall. We are already married but flying back to have a family wedding.

You are on the East coast , from the West Coast I had 19 hour flight in Delta with no private TV. Enjoy you trip buddy. My fiancee will be here in less than 3 weeks

Imagine how good you think it's going to be and multiply it by 4. We have been married 10 months and I don't regret it one second. Of course there are going to be some adjustments, you will say something very normal one day and she will take it wrong or vice versa. I know your excited. I think the last 3 weeks of waiting were the hardest. Your tired of chating, your tired of paper work, and your just ready for your new life.

Good luck.. P.S. carry rice to the airport.

My total travel time is 23 hours. 3.5 hours in Korea.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Imagine how good you think it's going to be and multiply it by 4. We have been married 10 months and I don't regret it one second. Of course there are going to be some adjustments, you will say something very normal one day and she will take it wrong or vice versa. I know your excited. I think the last 3 weeks of waiting were the hardest. Your tired of chating, your tired of paper work, and your just ready for your new life.

Run Herschel Run - hey I'm always looking for insight and tips on how to help my fiance adjust here in the U.S. It'd be great if you could describe things she liked, things she didn't like, things you did that helped her adjust that actually helped her, anything like that. Thanks.

:)

Run Herschel Run - hey I'm always looking for insight and tips on how to help my fiance adjust here in the U.S. It'd be great if you could describe things she liked, things she didn't like, things you did that helped her adjust that actually helped her, anything like that. Thanks.

:)

Rice my man... Lots and Lot's of rice... :)

I think one of the biggest things for me was that I already had a group of friends that were married to Pinay. Her second night her, we all meet for supper just like we always did. It gave her a support group of people to talk to, lean on and question. That made it very easy for me. Seek out some other Phil-Am couples if you can. It was like she had her own sponsor. The adjustment was not hard.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.