serendipity9

Algiers won't reply to appointment request

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

The embassy in Algeria received our approved I-129F in July and they sent email instructions for the application process for my fiance on July 29. According to the instructions, we are to email our request for an interview appointment once we had the required forms and verifications ready. We have been requesting an appointment since the second week of August. The first reply said wait until September and check again, which we did and have done every week now and they will not respond to the emails! I cannot get through to anyone on the phone (even though the website says no visa inquiries are accepted by phone, I don't know how else one can reach them if they don't reply to emails!)

If appointments are booked so far out and they are backlogged with cases, that's understandable.. but they could at least reply to let us know that our requests for an appointment aren't just floating out there in consular oblivion.

Any suggestions?

am algerian woman,am 28 YEARS OLD,i had my interview in december27th2013,i was interviewed by a woman,she treated me like insect,she asked me questions about my privat life,i answered all her questions,i didnt get angry coz i didnt want to make her to refuse to issue my visa,when i left she kept my passport and gave me a g 221 white paper,she asked for 2012 tax return,i left the ambassy,in January 2nd i gave the ambassy what they request 2012 tax return,2 days later they emailed my fiance that they recieved it,but after one month they emailed my fiance for the second time to tell him that our cas ein under AP,and they will contact me.AM just waitind and waiting...,I dont know why they kept my passport more that 1 month,and they made me in further AP.PLIZ can u tell me why they kept my passport in the ambassy and my case in further AP???pliz answer me and help me pliz pliz

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

am algerian woman,am 28 YEARS OLD,i had my interview in december27th2013,i was interviewed by a woman,she treated me like insect,she asked me questions about my privat life,i answered all her questions,i didnt get angry coz i didnt want to make her to refuse to issue my visa,when i left she kept my passport and gave me a g 221 white paper,she asked for 2012 tax return,i left the ambassy,in January 2nd i gave the ambassy what they request 2012 tax return,2 days later they emailed my fiance that they recieved it,but after one month they emailed my fiance for the second time to tell him that our cas ein under AP,and they will contact me.AM just waitind and waiting...,I dont know why they kept my passport more that 1 month,and they made me in further AP.PLIZ can u tell me why they kept my passport in the ambassy and my case in further AP???pliz answer me and help me pliz pliz

This is standard for this embassy. Most men and some women get put in AP (Administrative Processing) for a security check or to look into and verify something they want to confirm. Keeping your passport is a good thing as it means if all checks out they will issue your visa since they have passport in hand. When I spoke to the same woman you did by phone she told me they try to get AP done as quickly as possible with a goal of 6-8 weeks, however there are no guarantees and it can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months... to several months. There is nothing you can do with AP except wait. They will not answer questions or give you estimates. You will just know when it is done.

Best of luck, sounds like you are on the last part of your journey! :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.