yogibaba

K1 visa fee.

7 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm confused about one thing and need your support ASAP. My interview is on 21/09/2012, I've submitted all the documents at the VFS and ready for an interview. We've already paid $350 visa fee while filing the petition back in Jan, 2012. I'm so worried please help me out with this, I just want to know wehther I've to pay $240 as a visa fee again at the US consulate, Mumbai on the interview day or not?

Will be awaiting for your reply.

Thanks,

Yogi.

Regards,

Yogi

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all,

I'm confused about one thing and need your support ASAP. My interview is on 21/09/2012, I've submitted all the documents at the VFS and ready for an interview. We've already paid $350 visa fee while filing the petition back in Jan, 2012. I'm so worried please help me out with this, I just want to know wehther I've to pay $240 as a visa fee again at the US consulate, Mumbai on the interview day or not?

Will be awaiting for your reply.

Thanks,

Yogi.

Yes you do, the $350 is to process the petition (I-129F) and the $240 is to actually get the K1 Visa.

Edited by Jodhilla

I-129F Sent : 2012-03-03

I-129F NOA1 : 2012-03-09

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-07-13

NVC Received : 2012-07-23

NVC Left : 2012-07-25

Consulate Received : 2012-08-08

Packet III Received : 2012-08-09

Packet III Sent : 2012-08-18

Medical in London : 2012-09-03

Packet III Logged by Embassy : 2012-19-03

Interview Date : : 2012-10-12 APPROVED!

POE :

Wedding [Planned] : 2013-01-26

Yes you do, the $350 is to process the petition (I-129F) and the $240 is to actually get the K1 Visa.

So, how do I can pay this fees? Via debit or credit card is it possible or have to go through bank draft?

Regards,

Yogi

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The $340 was the petition fee,, payable to the US Deapartment of Homeland Security. The $240 visa application fee is paid to the US Department of State,in the manner described by your interviewing embassy/consulate.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Oh man, they are charging a hell lot of money. I don't know what is going to happen. ALright will make a bank draft tomorrow and will do it as per they say...

Welcome to the forum.

Check out the fees for the AOS process, if you want to chat about money!

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.