repete12747

Tourist Visa for my wifes son and grandson..

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My wife has been here for 7 month and everyting is going great. She is in school and really enjoying her new family.

We would like to bring her son and grandson over for a visit as soon as possible.

How difficult is it to get them a tourist visa, how long can they stay, any other information you might have that will help us would be wonderful.

Thanks, Larry

Timeline

You have to give more information. My assumption is that he at least 21 if he has a child. So that would mean it wouldn't be so easy only because of the "assumption of immigrating" that the USCIS has when they evaluate visa applications. Give more info about age of son and grandson, marital status all those good things.

16/10/2006- Interview date- I'm nervous and my fiance is cool calm and collective. And she's the one that has to do the interview.

Timeline

He is married and 30 years old, grandson is 5. They just want to come over and spend time with his mom and see all the things she talks to them about.

You have to give more information. My assumption is that he at least 21 if he has a child. So that would mean it wouldn't be so easy only because of the "assumption of immigrating" that the USCIS has when they evaluate visa applications. Give more info about age of son and grandson, marital status all those good things.

Timeline

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it's not very likely that they will be able to get a visa. First he's young and he's bringing his child. You have to remember that the USCIS goes by the assumption that all foreigners are coming here to stay. They are taught this. If the child will stay in Russia and the son is married and leaves his wife. It might work. But he has to show strong ties to Russia that will almost guarantee his return to Russia. If he lives close to Moscow or St. Petersburg thats a good thing. Try doing the paperwork and see what happens. You never know. But I would only do it with the son and not the grandson. Good luck to you.

This website is a good place to start. http://moscow.usembassy.gov/consular/consu..._id=nivapplying

16/10/2006- Interview date- I'm nervous and my fiance is cool calm and collective. And she's the one that has to do the interview.

This is a hot debate here. It's possible, but not probable. At least, that's the common trend. But then, someone gets on here and messes it all up with a "Hey, my mother/father/sister/brother/son/daughter-in-law just got a tourist visa."

So, just apply for it.... and hope for the best!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.