Yito

Dominican Republic medical timeframe.

14 posts in this topic

Wow!!!' congrats!!!! I just goth interview day too but for October 22

Congrats to you too!

Thanks!

Looking for plane tickets now and wondering about how long does take for the visa to be issued...

Questions! Questions!

Yito & Gookie

Congrats to you too!

Thanks!

Congrats to you! :thumbs:

Looking for plane tickets now and wondering about how long does take for the visa to be issued...

Questions! Questions!

Congrats! :dance: Ive read that at least one week before the interview date.

Hope that helps!

Congrats! :dance: Ive read that at least one week before the interview date.

Hope that helps!

If you already have the interview letter, you can go any time you want. Visa took for me 3 days.

My wife called Consultorios de Visa and they told her 2 to 3 weeks before the interview date.

I think we are going to wait and do it at 21 days before just to be safe since she has to take a day off from work.

3 days is a beautiful number!!!!!

Thanks!

Yito & Gookie

You cannot do the medical until you get the packet of paperwork in the mail. Good luck getting it 21 days before, since the mail there is horrible :(. Me & two others who have interviews on the 3rd of October (packet was sent out August 22nd) still have not received the packets in the mail. Phone calls have been placed to the embassy & the post office with no luck on either. So, unfortunately, the medical will be done whenever the papers finally arrived. They suggest a week before, but the embassy site says at least 3 days before. Congrats on getting your date!!! Isn't it exciting!!!???

event.png

event.png

You cannot do the medical until you get the packet of paperwork in the mail. Good luck getting it 21 days before, since the mail there is horrible :(. Me & two others who have interviews on the 3rd of October (packet was sent out August 22nd) still have not received the packets in the mail. Phone calls have been placed to the embassy & the post office with no luck on either. So, unfortunately, the medical will be done whenever the papers finally arrived. They suggest a week before, but the embassy site says at least 3 days before. Congrats on getting your date!!! Isn't it exciting!!!???

We received the interview letter/packet by email. All our correspondence from the NVC has been received by email except form DS-3032 that was received both by email and snail mail by my wife in Santo Domingo.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with you process, I'm sure it's all going to work out. Good luck and blessings!

Yito & Gookie

Since Yito is doing the CR-1 visa, he gets his interview letter by email. Since YOU are doing K-1, it's not uncommon for the packet to take a long time to arrive. You can go to the embassy and request a duplicate copy to speed up your medical etc.

Yito, to answer your question 2-3 weeks before the interview is good. I wouldn't stretch it anymore than that. :thumbs:

01/01/2008 - Met
04/27/2010 - Engaged
08/23/2011 - Married
USCIS
10/03/2011 - I-130 Sent (USPS priority w/ delivery confirmation)
10/05/2011 - Package arrived at chicago lockbox
10/06/2011 - NOA1
11/09/2011 - NOA2 (no RFE's)
NVC
11/14/2011 - Petition received by NVC/ Received NOA2 by mail
11/21/2011 - NVC case # received by email/ Got AOS fee by email/ Called NVC to provide beneficiary email
11/27/2011 - Choice of agent (DS-3023) sent to NVC by email
.....took a break from process to delay interview....
01/26/2012 - Payed IV fee
01/27/2012 - IV fee status shown as PAID
02/07/2012 - Payed AOS fee
02/08/2012 - AOS fee status shown as PAID
02/09/ 2012 - DS-230 package sent to NVC (priority mail)
03/06/2012 - AOS package sent to NVC (priority mail)
03/12/2012 - Called NVC and found out about checklist. Sent revision to NVC that same day.
03/16/2012 - CASE COMPLETE!
04/11/2012 - Informed of interview via phone by DOS/ Got P4 email from NVC a few hours later that same day (May 4th)
SANTO DOMINGO CONSULATE
04/19/2012 - Medical
05/04/2012 - Interview (APPROVED)
05/10/2012 - Visa ready and picked up at domex
05/15/2012 - POE in Boston (together)
U. S. A
05/29/2012 - Went to SS office to apply for SS card
06/01/2012 - Welcome letter arrived (Received about 3 of these)
06/05/2012 - Green card arrived
06/15/2012- Back to SS office with green card to reapply and inquire about delay
06/18/2012 - Picked up SSN at SSA office
06/22/2012 - SS card arrived by mail

04/24/14 - Sent I-751 to remove conditions

06/09/14 - Biometrics

11/2014 - RFE from USCIS requesting more evidence before approval

Late Jan - Sent further evidence of marriage

03/05/2015 - Got letter of approval for removal of conditions

03/15/2015 - Permanent 10 yr green card received via mail

Since Yito is doing the CR-1 visa, he gets his interview letter by email. Since YOU are doing K-1, it's not uncommon for the packet to take a long time to arrive. You can go to the embassy and request a duplicate copy to speed up your medical etc.

Yito, to answer your question 2-3 weeks before the interview is good. I wouldn't stretch it anymore than that. :thumbs:

Ahhh

I was wondering why their paperwork was not by email, that really sucks!

That's a little crazy to mail something so important like that to DR, they must know the mails system is bad over there.

So it is better to be closer to the date but not too far?

She was going this Wednesday (21 days) to do it but the tracking of the case file made me think, if the case is not on their system what would happen then.

So, we figured it might be a good idea to give them at least a week for them to process the case file and enter it on their system.

<venting>

This process it's a little archaic and insane, I'm sure there is a reason why they do it the way they do but sometimes it's a little hard to understand the reasons why it's so convoluted.

There has to be a better way.

The levels of stress it puts us through makes it harder to understand.

</venting>

Thanks and blessings!

Yito & Gookie

Ahhh

I was wondering why their paperwork was not by email, that really sucks!

That's a little crazy to mail something so important like that to DR, they must know the mails system is bad over there.

So it is better to be closer to the date but not too far?

She was going this Wednesday (21 days) to do it but the tracking of the case file made me think, if the case is not on their system what would happen then.

So, we figured it might be a good idea to give them at least a week for them to process the case file and enter it on their system.

<venting>

This process it's a little archaic and insane, I'm sure there is a reason why they do it the way they do but sometimes it's a little hard to understand the reasons why it's so convoluted.

There has to be a better way.

The levels of stress it puts us through makes it harder to understand.

</venting>

Thanks and blessings!

I would say do it around 2 weeks before the interview. Doing it 3 weeks before I am sure wont hurt, but you know how things are in DR, so I would say 2 to be safe, not too long, not too close.

And yes!! I agree, this process is so crazy and stressful. I am so thankful I am somewhat done with it (still got removal of conditions in 2 years) but now that my husband has been here a couple months I can def say IT WAS ALL WORTH IT!! The stress, the money, the headaches was all worth how happy we are now.

So don't worry, your time will soon come!

01/01/2008 - Met
04/27/2010 - Engaged
08/23/2011 - Married
USCIS
10/03/2011 - I-130 Sent (USPS priority w/ delivery confirmation)
10/05/2011 - Package arrived at chicago lockbox
10/06/2011 - NOA1
11/09/2011 - NOA2 (no RFE's)
NVC
11/14/2011 - Petition received by NVC/ Received NOA2 by mail
11/21/2011 - NVC case # received by email/ Got AOS fee by email/ Called NVC to provide beneficiary email
11/27/2011 - Choice of agent (DS-3023) sent to NVC by email
.....took a break from process to delay interview....
01/26/2012 - Payed IV fee
01/27/2012 - IV fee status shown as PAID
02/07/2012 - Payed AOS fee
02/08/2012 - AOS fee status shown as PAID
02/09/ 2012 - DS-230 package sent to NVC (priority mail)
03/06/2012 - AOS package sent to NVC (priority mail)
03/12/2012 - Called NVC and found out about checklist. Sent revision to NVC that same day.
03/16/2012 - CASE COMPLETE!
04/11/2012 - Informed of interview via phone by DOS/ Got P4 email from NVC a few hours later that same day (May 4th)
SANTO DOMINGO CONSULATE
04/19/2012 - Medical
05/04/2012 - Interview (APPROVED)
05/10/2012 - Visa ready and picked up at domex
05/15/2012 - POE in Boston (together)
U. S. A
05/29/2012 - Went to SS office to apply for SS card
06/01/2012 - Welcome letter arrived (Received about 3 of these)
06/05/2012 - Green card arrived
06/15/2012- Back to SS office with green card to reapply and inquire about delay
06/18/2012 - Picked up SSN at SSA office
06/22/2012 - SS card arrived by mail

04/24/14 - Sent I-751 to remove conditions

06/09/14 - Biometrics

11/2014 - RFE from USCIS requesting more evidence before approval

Late Jan - Sent further evidence of marriage

03/05/2015 - Got letter of approval for removal of conditions

03/15/2015 - Permanent 10 yr green card received via mail

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanting to confirm about the cost and timing of the medical exam. Our appointment is the 9th of November and we have received the e-mail so I am understanding that all we need is to print off that e-mail and the items listed and the fee to have the exam done correct? My husband is thinking to go early next week so Oct 15,16 or 17. I was reading that the results need to be picked up the day before the interview? So he is traveling down to the capital to have the exam and we are coming again for the interview but am I understanding that we need to plan to arrive the day before? Some say the doctor sends the results to the Consul and others say they picked them up because they never arrived? I just want to be sure I am not missing a step. Thank you in advance for your kind assistance!

Just wanting to confirm about the cost and timing of the medical exam. Our appointment is the 9th of November and we have received the e-mail so I am understanding that all we need is to print off that e-mail and the items listed and the fee to have the exam done correct? My husband is thinking to go early next week so Oct 15,16 or 17. I was reading that the results need to be picked up the day before the interview? So he is traveling down to the capital to have the exam and we are coming again for the interview but am I understanding that we need to plan to arrive the day before? Some say the doctor sends the results to the Consul and others say they picked them up because they never arrived? I just want to be sure I am not missing a step. Thank you in advance for your kind assistance!

In the past, people had to pick there results up the day before their interview and take the results with them on the day of the interview. However, the last couple of months most people have be reporting that the Consultorios de Visa medical office has been sending the results over to the Consulate themselves. You will just have to attend your appointment and ask them what they are going to do with the results, give them to you or send to the Consulate.

K1 Visa Process -> 12/09-06/10 Married -> 09/10/10 AOS Process -> 09/10-12/10 Removal of Conditions-> 09/12-07/13

U.S. Naturalization -> 7/8/20

***What To Do After NOA2 (The Dominican Way) Wiki Page:

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/dominican_republic_after_receiving_the_noa2/***

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.