KimbaDarling

Kingston Immigration Appointment Immunization Problem

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My fiance had his immigration physical yesterday (the 11th) at Medical Associates Hospital- the majority of the experience went smoothly, however we ran into problems with his immunizations. He had obtained his immunizations at an outside clinic about 8 days ago (I had no idea) even though the medical form said if you don't already have your immunizations you need to get them at the medical appointment ONLY. The clinic that he went to for his original immunizations as a child/adult no longer had a copy of the original immunization card. My fiance was so conscerned about having an immunization card for the medical exam that he had the immunizations done then and there 8 days ago. (he thought having a card at the exam was mandatory). So yesterday at his physical, he showed his card and they informed him he should have waited and had it done there, that the embassy wouldn't recognize the shots he had just obtained. They told him he couldn't receive the same immunizations that day because it would be unhealthy to receive the same immunizations so close together in time. They instructed him to go to his interview on September 20th and explain the situation and that as long as the rest of the interview is approved, they should give him a "blue slip" to come back for a second, shorter interview with the medical packet after he obtains his immunizations at Medical Associates Hospital on October 1st (they already made him an appointment to receive the immunizations that day). Has anyone in our VJ family from Jamaica attended an interview without their medical packet or experienced the same problem with being immunized by the time of the interview? Thanks!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Never heard that B 4 got my shots June, I definately will be doing mine at Andrews, Why do everybody

no matter their station in life have to try get over on others...they told me carry %1800 for vaccine

in case more is needed when I called medical asscs.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

That seems crazy. The instructions indicate wording that points to it being OK to get the immunizatoins needed before the official Medical Exam. They are probably much cheaper and I had also heard on this board there are some that need a followup dose so I wanted to get them done in advance of the Exam.

I guess I will call them - we are using Mobay Hope. Oy

ONE LOVE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.