Jfcallesto

Embassy appearances? Help please!

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm a Filipina and just gave birth to baby boy Liam 2 months ago. I am now planning to file for crba. My husband is in the States right now and couldnt make it because of work. He cant afford to take a month off and will just come to the philippines to bring us to the states when everything is settled.

My question is: are there any additional documents needed from him since he cant go to the interview with us?

Also, ive read something about having fedex send you the documents you needed to fill out or could i just print them myself?

Thanks....

I am assuming that you guys are married since you called the father as the husband.

1. it is not necessary for the usc to be present but is higly advised.

2. additional docs - since he will not be available (USC) make sure that all items that he needs to sign are notarized (in the US).

3. for proofs of citizenship - if he will not be able send his passports (just copies) make sure that all pages of each passport that he has are photocopied and notarized.

I have been through the CRBA process in Manila - the USC and I are not married, we were not required for a DNA. We made sure that the proof of relationship before the conception is well documented. I am assuming that this is already covered greatly by the marriage cert in your case however, being prepared on the said prrof would be better than just relyin on the doc.

CRBA cert takes about 3-4 weeks. passport takes about 2 weeks but will be delivered together with teh certifacte.

a word of advice - get your son a PI passport the soonest (it is easy anyway) to get away with exit fee's plus he'd hold a dual citizenship.

• 4 months later...

I am assuming that you guys are married since you called the father as the husband.

1. it is not necessary for the usc to be present but is higly advised.

2. additional docs - since he will not be available (USC) make sure that all items that he needs to sign are notarized (in the US).

3. for proofs of citizenship - if he will not be able send his passports (just copies) make sure that all pages of each passport that he has are photocopied and notarized.

I have been through the CRBA process in Manila - the USC and I are not married, we were not required for a DNA. We made sure that the proof of relationship before the conception is well documented. I am assuming that this is already covered greatly by the marriage cert in your case however, being prepared on the said prrof would be better than just relyin on the doc.

CRBA cert takes about 3-4 weeks. passport takes about 2 weeks but will be delivered together with teh certifacte.

a word of advice - get your son a PI passport the soonest (it is easy anyway) to get away with exit fee's plus he'd hold a dual citizenship.

hi. i've been searching and reading some post here in vj. my fiance and i we're planning to apply crba and passport for out daughter. can you help me regarding how to fill up the ds 2029 some of the question are confusing. and also the ds5507.. thank you

USCIS STAGE:

August 17, 2013 - I-130 sent

August 22, 2013 - noa1

November 22, 2013 - tranferred to TSC

December 16, 2013 - approved

December 19, 2013 - noa2 hardcopy

January 09, 2014 - shipped to NVC

NVC STAGE:

January 17, 2014 - case received

February 24, 2014 - case number received

February 25, 2014 - IIN and BIN received

March 01, 2014 - ds 261 completed

March 05, 2014 - aos invoice and paid (in process)

March 07, 2014 - aos shows paid

March 22, 2014 - iv bill paid (in process)

March 25, 2014 - iv bill shows paid

March 25, 2014 - ds260 completed

March 26,2014 - iv package send to nvc

March 31, 2014 - iv package arrived at NVC 12:05pm (Gary S. Peters - signatory)

April 01, 2014 - aos send (certified mail)

April 03, 2014 - iv docs logged into the system (according to olivia)

April 05, 2014 - aos arrived at nvc but business closed. waiting them (usps) to redeliver it on Monday.

April 07, 2014 - aos finally arrived at NVC 11:50am

April 09, 2014 - aos logged into the the system (according to olivia)

April 24, 2014 - aos checklist (thru phone call)

April 25, 2014 - aos checklist email received

April 29, 2014 - checklist responce

May 02, 2014 - arrived at nvc signed by B. Standish

May 05, 2014 - checklist responce log into the system

May 28, 2014 - CASE COMPLETE .. Thank God

June 04, 2014 - received email (case complete)

June 09-10, 2014 - done advance medical

June 11, 2014 - interview schedule (email received)

July 02, 2014 - interview (APPROVED) Thank you Lord;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.