James&Edlie

How you are getting it done.

Which route did you go?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How did you prep your application?

• Self Prepared
    • Immigration Lawyer
    • Online Visa Service

22 posts in this topic

As far as whether USCIS prefers the applicant fill it out...who cares what they "prefer"? I actually know people that work there and process I-129fs and they couldn't possibly care less WHO filled it out as long as it is properly signed.

:thumbs:

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Ok, avoiding scams thats a good thing. :wacko:

Ok, avoiding scams thats a good thing. :wacko:

Yes. It is.

Are you rolling your eyes because it seems obvious to you? If so, there's background information about this USCIS initiative you might want to be aware of. Read the link given and you will understand how non-English speakers are often taken advantage of by "experts" who claim they can help them get a visa to the US.

The link also addresses internet firms who will help with applications (a poll choice listed above by the Original Poster). They try to give themselves a veneer of respectability by talking about their years of experience assisting with applications. Many of these "firms" are just a collection of individuals who self-filed for a spouse and, during the process, acquired some level of knowledge. They realized it was easy money to create a glossy website and call themselves "experts" just because they spent a lot of time on the internet reading about other peoples cases. Most of these firms don't have license to do business in any state as an "immigration consultant". None of them can represent an alien before the BIA with a failed case.

Edited by Rebecca Jo

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

you can get a lawyer if you want ... just pay $5000 on top of all the filing fees ;)

Adjustment of Status from H-1B, Family-Based
07/26/2012 - 10/18/2012: 85 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Removal of Conditions
07/22/2014 - 11/14/2014: 116 Days from Application Received to GC Received.
Naturalization
02/03/2016 - 05/31/2016 : 119 Days from Application Received to Oath Ceremony.

I am a United States citizen!

Yes. It is.

Are you rolling your eyes because it seems obvious to you?

No, had you been following the thread, you would see it had nothing to do with the "Link". :whistle:

However I do agree with the link, hence (Ok, avoiding scams that's a good thing.)

Edited by sjr09

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The proof is in the pudding. From the voting results as of this post, none of the 30 used a lawyer. 28 did it themselves and 2 used an online visa service.

Edited by Mr Smiley

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012