MrsAyilliath

HELP!!! Has Anyone Here Gotten Married in India?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

:help: My fiancee and I are planning to marry in India. The problem is noone seems to know what the proper guidelines to successfully do it is. The wedding planner told me that I had to have 30 day residency in India. The Indian Consulate here said they never heard of such a thing. The marriage registrars office there told Manoj that he needed to come back and talk with someone else since it would be a Christian ceremony and that he needed to be a member of a church there AND have someone from the church vouch for him. We are in a total state of confusion! :wacko:

I am scheduled to fly into New Delhi on March 11 and then we are going to Goa for five days where we were going to have a beach ceremony. To top it off the wedding planner wants 657.0 . This is in addition to the cost of the wedding ceremony. Manoj believes the guy is simply trying to screw us and he said he refuses to allow us to pay that much for someone else to do something he feels we could do ourselves. That would be great if only we could find someone who could give us proper information. We want to go ahead and do a Christian ceremony or whatever is going to be the fastest for us because we would like to get started on our paperwork. We are planning to have a huge traditional Hindu ceremony in eight months.

Has anyone here married in India? Did you have to have a 30 day residency there? Can you tell me who or what office we would need to contact to get proper information? Any help you can provide would be great.

AlisaandManojMemphis2.jpg

100_1290-1.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
:help: My fiancee and I are planning to marry in India. The problem is noone seems to know what the proper guidelines to successfully do it is. The wedding planner told me that I had to have 30 day residency in India. The Indian Consulate here said they never heard of such a thing. The marriage registrars office there told Manoj that he needed to come back and talk with someone else since it would be a Christian ceremony and that he needed to be a member of a church there AND have someone from the church vouch for him. We are in a total state of confusion! :wacko:

I am scheduled to fly into New Delhi on March 11 and then we are going to Goa for five days where we were going to have a beach ceremony. To top it off the wedding planner wants 657.0 . This is in addition to the cost of the wedding ceremony. Manoj believes the guy is simply trying to screw us and he said he refuses to allow us to pay that much for someone else to do something he feels we could do ourselves. That would be great if only we could find someone who could give us proper information. We want to go ahead and do a Christian ceremony or whatever is going to be the fastest for us because we would like to get started on our paperwork. We are planning to have a huge traditional Hindu ceremony in eight months.

Has anyone here married in India? Did you have to have a 30 day residency there? Can you tell me who or what office we would need to contact to get proper information? Any help you can provide would be great.

If you are looking to do DCF (assume this from your post), there is a 60 day residency requirement in India. At least that is true of New Delhi.

Goa, I am jealous!!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

We're not trying to do the DCF. There's no way I can be in India for 60 days straight at this point. Just going to do the standard K-3 filing. thanks

Thanks SCY,

I had previously read the link you provided and walked away feeling quite confused..To be a graduate degree holding person, I feel quite stupid right now in understanding all of this stuff. Like what is a no objection letter? Is it where the US embassy in essence gives its permission for me to marry him? I will call their citizen services here shortly.

Thanks,

AlisaandManojMemphis2.jpg

100_1290-1.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.