Smizzy

Two questions re: I-751: Lost GC but I-90 filed and will we be asked for another biometrics appt?

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello All,

I just sent out our ROC petiton today. In March of this year, my wife lost her wallet containing her GC and we promptly filed an I-90 for a replacement. Since her 2 year anniversary was coming up, USCIS eventually rejected the application with the rationale that she was due to file for ROC (and to think I could have wasted that $500 in far more entertaining ways). However, she did attend a biometrics appt. on Apr 20 as part of the I-90 application.

Do you think that we would be called in for another biometrics appt or would the records on file be used for the ROC petition?

Also, since the GC was lost, I was unable to include a copy of the back with our I-751 petition. I did happen to have a copy of the front of the GC and I also included the NOA from the I-90, the biometrics appt. letter from the I-90, the USCIS decision letter with the rejection, and made appropriate note of this situation in our cover letter. The sane person in me assumed this should cover us. Does anyone feel we need to worry?

Edited by Smizzy

Jul 22, 2009: I-129F Sent

Jul 30, 2009: I-129F NOA1

Oct 09, 2009: I-129F NOA2

Oct 13, 2009: NVC received

Oct 21, 2009: NVC sent to Sydney

Oct 26, 2009: Sydney Received

Oct 27, 2009: Packet 3 email received

Nov 02, 2009: Packet 3 sent

Nov 04, 2009: Packet 4 received

Nov 24, 2009: Interview scheduled

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.