Messybrownhair

How long has it been?

9 posts in this topic

How long has it been since you came back to the Philippines ever since you moved here? It's been almost 2 years for me! I haven't seen my dad since.. :( My mom visited for 2 weeks last week and I realized then how homesick I was and how much I've missed her. :( I plan to go back for 1-2 months next year after I graduate and bring my baby along, since my hubby will be deployed anyway. I never thought my homesickness would come back this bad. I think being pregnant is really making me an emotional wreck!

10438_10150977334676339_803328532_n.jpg

216182_10150977298221339_1478640880_n.jpg

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Also another question. My brother is USC and wants to petition our mother. If we do this, what kind of insurance can she be eligible for? Is there something she can avail of? I know she won't be able to use Medicare or could she? I am just curious. I want to be informed before we decide to do this. :)

My Journey:

I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

It's been almost three and a half years since Chinook has been in 'Pinas. We are thinking about going back there maybe in February 2013.

Chinook has already made out a list of the food she wants to eat when we're in Bacolod: :D

1. Mama's adobo

2. crab tambo

3. laswa laswa laswa

4. takway

5. gambas

6. Bacolod chicken inasal

7. grilled squid

8. bulalo

9. kansi

10. paksin

11. fried bucao

12. ni-la-ga

13. uga

14. balut

15. valenciana

16. fishbol

It's been almost three and a half years since Chinook has been in 'Pinas. We are thinking about going back there maybe in February 2013.

Chinook has already made out a list of the food she wants to eat when we're in Bacolod: :D

1. Mama's adobo

2. crab tambo

3. laswa laswa laswa

4. takway

5. gambas

6. Bacolod chicken inasal

7. grilled squid

8. bulalo

9. kansi

10. paksin

11. fried bucao

12. ni-la-ga

13. uga

14. balut

15. valenciana

16. fishbol

Yum!!!

My Journey:

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Also another question. My brother is USC and wants to petition our mother. If we do this, what kind of insurance can she be eligible for? Is there something she can avail of? I know she won't be able to use Medicare or could she? I am just curious. I want to be informed before we decide to do this. :)

If you petition for your mother, who I assume is from the Philippines, and your husband is still in the military; your husband could apply with the Army National Guard to have your mother as his dependent also. By being his dependent, she could be entitled to medical care at a US Military treatment facility. She wouldn't be eligible for Tricare or any of the government civilian clinics, but that's better than nothing.

But if your brother petitions for your mother, she wouldn't be eligible for military benefits. However, depending on your mother's age and pre-existing illness, a medical insurance could be obtained commercially. The monthly premium might be hefty, however.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow I guess there is a lot more to Filipino food, than goat and pinakbit :blink: . I wish you the best, and hope you will feel better. My wife did not have much homesickness here, but I was not away for over a year. And one year goes by pretty fast, and we will get to see some cute pics of your baby :dance: .

it was over 2 years for my wife....she got to the US in May 2010 and we were just in the PI July-Aug this year.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

If you petition for your mother, who I assume is from the Philippines, and your husband is still in the military; your husband could apply with the Army National Guard to have your mother as his dependent also. By being his dependent, she could be entitled to medical care at a US Military treatment facility. She wouldn't be eligible for Tricare or any of the government civilian clinics, but that's better than nothing.

But if your brother petitions for your mother, she wouldn't be eligible for military benefits. However, depending on your mother's age and pre-existing illness, a medical insurance could be obtained commercially. The monthly premium might be hefty, however.

Good to know, thanks! I will just wait till I am USC then. She has a 10 yr tourist visa anyway

My Journey:

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Been three years for me since I moved here and I haven't visit Philippines yet because every time we planned on visiting, something always come up. I am hoping that we will be able to visit Philippines next year and celebrate our baby's first year birthday (crossing our fingers).

I miss a lot of food too! I miss hanging out with my brother (my best buddy!) and karaoke (videoke) with my cousins.

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.