caradavie

scheduled for USEM interview next week

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

anyone who's scheduled for an interview next week particularly on the 23rd? i am excited for my interview and nervous. i hope my visa gets approved so i can be with my fiance soon! for those who have taken the interview lately, what can i bring to the embassy and what are not allowed inside? can i bring a little snack inside? also is it true that we cannot bring mobile phones inside? i hope not. because that will be hard. is the Embassy full of applicants everyday? do i really need to go there very early?

Timeline

anyone who's scheduled for an interview next week particularly on the 23rd? i am excited for my interview and nervous. i hope my visa gets approved so i can be with my fiance soon! for those who have taken the interview lately, what can i bring to the embassy and what are not allowed inside? can i bring a little snack inside? also is it true that we cannot bring mobile phones inside? i hope not. because that will be hard. is the Embassy full of applicants everyday? do i really need to go there very early?

Good luck to you. i will include you in my prayers. Hope everything will turn out fine.

Please let us know how it went for you. my fiance is scheduled for the 25th of September..

****** Whatever comments i post are based only on what I've done or experienced during this journey. ******

And we should be here to help each other.

Peace out! =)

Timeline

Read through the reviews and member's sharing their Interview experiences so you know what to expect. This one great review I've read by Mar and Esp:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?trim=no&cty=&cnty=Philippines&page=3&dfilter=5&topic=

Timeline

Good luck to you. i will include you in my prayers. Hope everything will turn out fine.

Please let us know how it went for you. my fiance is scheduled for the 25th of September..

thanks keziah90210. i really needed that. i hope and pray that everyone gets approved. ^_^

You can't bring food inside - except for baby formula. You can bring food to munch on while you wait for them to open, but either finish it or throw it away before you step inside their doors. They do have food stalls inside though. No mobile phones and other electronic gadgets allowed inside. Yes, there are many applicants everyday. I don't really know about going VERY early. We arrived at 5:45 for our 6:30 appointment. Finished at 8:30.

USCIS

10/01/11 - Filed (2) I-130's

10/04/11 - NOA-1

04/05/12 - NOA-2

Your I-130 was approved in 184 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

04/23/12 - NVC received both cases (18 days/12 business days from NOA-2)

05/07/12 - Case numbers and IIN's (14 days/10 business days since NVC received)

05/07/12 - Sent out DS-3032 by email; auto-response received

05/08/12 - AOS fee invoiced, paid - "IN PROCESS"

05/09/12 - AOS fee shows as "PAID"

05/10/12 - Spouse's DS-3032 accepted; minor child's rejected = had petitioner call NVC = received verbal acceptance from operator

05/11/12 - Spouse's IV fee invoiced

05/14/12 - Daughter's IV fee invoiced, paid both IV fees - "IN PROCESS"

05/15/12 - Both IV fees show as "PAID"

05/16/12 - Sent both AOS and both IV packages to NVC via USPS (expected delivery: 05/19/12)

05/21/12 - All 4 packages delivered

05/30/12 - Received checklist for daughter's AOS

05/31/12 - Sent response to checklist via USPS (expected delivery: 06/01/12); Spouse's case completed

06/07/12 - Daughter's case completed; waiting for interview date

06/14/12 - P4 received: interview date 07/11/12

Embassy

07/04-05/12 - Medical at SLEC

07/11/12 - Interview: APPROVED!

07/14/12 - Visas on hand

POE: 10/17/12

GC's on hand: 10/31/12

Timeline

Good Luck !!!:thumbs:

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No electronic gadget whatsoever, mobile phones, iPod, iPad, anything,...

Food is not allowed inside, just be confident in answering their questions, be honest

in everything, most of the time, they have loaded questions that can derail your approval,

just be courteous to anyone and everyone, lastly,.. PRAY..

Good luck

PD ~ June 18, 2009

IMMIGRANT VISA APPROVED ~ March 15, 2012

VISA ON HAND ~ March 21, 2012

TOUCHDOWN California ~ April 8, 2012

GREEN CARD ON HAND ~ April 27, 2012

DMV Written ~ May 1, 2012 (passed TAKE 1)

DMV Actual ~ May 21, 2012 (passed TAKE 1)

California Driver's License ON HAND - June 11, 2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

God Bless for your interview, just don't be nervous because the questions are very simple and I know you can answer it, as long you and your fiance provide all the necessary documents there is nothing to worry about, some of the consular ask simple questions...like she only ask 5 questions which are petitioners name, when and how did you meet,what is he do for a living, and when are we planning to get married, she didn't even look at our pictures or all evidence i provided, but still you need to be prepared...when I went inside my nervous suddenly gone because it feels like you're waiting in SSS,NBI lol.....kids are playing around,some people are still filling up forms....lol, this is serious...so don't be nervous...and you can't bring any gadgets,foods,water,liquid,usb,I went there at 3am in the morning and yes you need to be early cause there's a lot of applicants but the number will not called by order....so still you need to wait...

Timeline

thanks everyone for the replies! i really appreciate it! i am reading the Embassy reviews, i've learned a lot of new things! VJ is really very informational. I am glad my fiance found this website. i just wished we found it earlier before filing the petition. we could have avoided hiring an agency to do the paperwork for us. oh well, at least we didn't get any RFE's along the way. so it's not that bad.

my only worry tho is they might ask me about AOS. they might question how my fiance will be able to support me. because right now, my fiance is working for the military reserves and studying at the same time. will this be a problem? anyone who's got the same case and got approved?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

thanks everyone for the replies! i really appreciate it! i am reading the Embassy reviews, i've learned a lot of new things! VJ is really very informational. I am glad my fiance found this website. i just wished we found it earlier before filing the petition. we could have avoided hiring an agency to do the paperwork for us. oh well, at least we didn't get any RFE's along the way. so it's not that bad.

my only worry tho is they might ask me about AOS. they might question how my fiance will be able to support me. because right now, my fiance is working for the military reserves and studying at the same time. will this be a problem? anyone who's got the same case and got approved?

they won't ask you about AOS my dear, as long you have an affidavit of support from your fiance and as long he is not jobless,because one of my friend didn't get approve because her fiance just lost his job 1 month before her interview, so the consular told her to wait til her fiance finds job again and come back to the embassy.

Timeline

i had my interview back in 2009 so i dont know if there are any changes.

what can i bring to the embassy and what are not allowed inside? you can check USEm Manila website

can i bring a little snack inside? i dont think so i'd say no

also is it true that we cannot bring mobile phones inside? i hope not. because that will be hard. definitely NO don't even try to bring if you have nobody with you waiting outside,and never leave your valuable thing to a stranger

is the Embassy full of applicants everyday? YES

do i really need to go there very early? early enough for you to be there before your appointed time, I was there an hour before my appointed time. was there at 6:00 am got out at 7:15 am with a big smile

goodluck

misisB

Timeline

We are scheduled for the sept. 25 too! :thumbs:

oh!!! Good luck to us!!!

****** Whatever comments i post are based only on what I've done or experienced during this journey. ******

And we should be here to help each other.

Peace out! =)

Timeline

they won't ask you about AOS my dear, as long you have an affidavit of support from your fiance and as long he is not jobless,because one of my friend didn't get approve because her fiance just lost his job 1 month before her interview, so the consular told her to wait til her fiance finds job again and come back to the embassy.

i just realized that AOS means Adjustment of Status. And i was thinking of Affidavit of Support. lol! this made me laugh. I have a lot of Acronymns i need to learn i think. hehe. anyway, thanks for the response. i am a bit relaxed now. :whistle:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.