BnT

Honduras- pregunta sobre los antecedentes policiales

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Buenas tardes...estoy buscando información sobre los antecedentes aqui en Honduras. Ya he leido q no los dan el mismo dia y asi tenemos problemas pq vivimos en el norte y cuesta mucho tiempo y dinero viajar a Teguc. No tenemos familia alla asi q no podemos pedir el favor... Necesito saber cuanto tiempo cuesta en conseguirlos. Es q podriamos ir el viernes de esta semana pero si no se los dan el mismo dia, quedarian alla hasta cerca de la fecha de la entrevista q es un octubre....y pienso q se los puedan perder en ese tiempo q seria mas de un mes. Pero tampoco queremos esperar para irnos pocos dias antes de la entrevista pq cae un miercoles y la unica manera de estarnos seguros de conseguirlos seria yendo el jueves o viernes y pagando el hotel para todo el fin de semana---una semana entera fuera de casa. (Y todos sabemos q este proceso cuesta dinero ya q no lo quiero gastar en cosas innecesarias......) Asi q estoy buscando consejos ;)

I will write in English just in case ;) I am looking for advice about getting the police certificate in Honduras b/c we live in the north and it costs a lot of time and money to travel to Teguc. We don't have any family members living in the south so we can't ask anyone for a favor. I need to know how long it takes to get this paperwork. We could go down on Friday but I have heard that they don't give it to you the same day so if we went on Friday, we would come back the same day and the papers would sit there waiting until we go down for the interview when we would go and pick them up---more than a month for them to lose track of them....and we don't want to wait until right before the interview to get them since our interview is on a Wed. so to be sure that we would get this silly paperwork in time, we would have to go down on the Thurs. or Fri. before and pay to stay an entire week in a hotel--way too much money at this point in the process! So I am just looking for advice/experiences as I try to decide what to do!

Mil gracias! Thanks so much!

January 3, 2012 Mailed I-129F

January 9, 2012 NOA1

June 11, 2012 NOA2 rec'd 154 days later...

July 5, 2012 NVC rec'd and new case number given

July 9, 2012 Left NVC en route to Honduras! :)

July 13, 2012 Received at Embassy!

Aug. 7, 2012 Interview date and Packet 4 rec'd by email

Oct. 8, 2012 Medical

Oct. 10, 2012 INTERVIEW: APPROVED!!!

Oct. 16, 2012 Visa in hand

Oct. 23, 2012 POE Atlanta

Dec. 30, 2012 Wedding! ;)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

From what I remember it took one week, show up in person and make the request, then a week later they give you the papers. I think my husband went and requested it, left Tegus to take care of some things then we went back right to pick it up before his interview (we stayed saturday and sunday in Tegus before the Monday interview).

HOWEVER, I have heard that people who are short on time and resources have requested a same/next day antecedentales b/c they need it before their immigration interview for a fee.

Timeline

From what I remember it took one week, show up in person and make the request, then a week later they give you the papers. I think my husband went and requested it, left Tegus to take care of some things then we went back right to pick it up before his interview (we stayed saturday and sunday in Tegus before the Monday interview).

HOWEVER, I have heard that people who are short on time and resources have requested a same/next day antecedentales b/c they need it before their immigration interview for a fee.

Thanks! And yes, I have heard that it is "possible" to get it on a shorter time frame...but I don't think we want to risk it the day before his interview! So I think we are going to go and request it tomorrow and pick it up before the interview. What do you need to pick it up? Do you know if someone else can pick it up if they take a copy of his ID or something? Because I think a family member is going down next month so maybe they could pick it up for us...

January 9, 2012 NOA1

Oct. 8, 2012 Medical

Timeline

Thanks! And yes, I have heard that it is "possible" to get it on a shorter time frame...but I don't think we want to risk it the day before his interview! So I think we are going to go and request it tomorrow and pick it up before the interview. What do you need to pick it up? Do you know if someone else can pick it up if they take a copy of his ID or something? Because I think a family member is going down next month so maybe they could pick it up for us...

Never mind! They FINALLY picked up the phone and answered my questions!

A family member can pick it up and we just have to take a copy of his ID and L200 and fill out a form in their office...it will be ready 8 days later. And the best part is that they don't have weird rules about only going at certain times to fill out the form and pick up the document like they do in SPS. I was worried about fitting into that timeframe. Phew. Ok, we will be having fun in Teguc tomorrow!

January 9, 2012 NOA1

Oct. 8, 2012 Medical

Timeline

Never mind! They FINALLY picked up the phone and answered my questions!

A family member can pick it up and we just have to take a copy of his ID and L200 and fill out a form in their office...it will be ready 8 days later. And the best part is that they don't have weird rules about only going at certain times to fill out the form and pick up the document like they do in SPS. I was worried about fitting into that timeframe. Phew. Ok, we will be having fun in Teguc tomorrow!

Did you get th PC on Friday?

Timeline

Did you get th PC on Friday?

It takes 8 days....so one of us has to go back this coming Friday to pick it up.

Some people have suggested that you can bribe them to get it faster but there were not any guys around doing that sort of thing (at least not like they do at the passport offices where there are guys outside and they ask if you need an appt. date, you know?) so it didn't seem like a good idea to offer money to the lady behind the desk in the huge national police building LOL. So we went and did the usual thing for it in half an hour and got stuck waiting for HOURS for the bus home b/c the teachers were on strike and blocked the highway going north...so went south w/o problems and then couldn't come north again...longest day ever! So not looking forward to going back just to pick up the piece of paper!

BUT if you don't go on the day that they tell you, you have to start over! A guy who was ahead of my fiance in the office showed up after the date they had told him and was told too bad, start over again!!! Crazy. So even though my friend has a cousin who works for the bus company and could possibly help us out, I am scared that he won't get there on the right day/time......so another day on the bus it is! I am soooooooooooo ready to be finished with this sillyness!!!

January 9, 2012 NOA1

Oct. 8, 2012 Medical

Timeline

It takes 8 days....so one of us has to go back this coming Friday to pick it up.

Some people have suggested that you can bribe them to get it faster but there were not any guys around doing that sort of thing (at least not like they do at the passport offices where there are guys outside and they ask if you need an appt. date, you know?) so it didn't seem like a good idea to offer money to the lady behind the desk in the huge national police building LOL. So we went and did the usual thing for it in half an hour and got stuck waiting for HOURS for the bus home b/c the teachers were on strike and blocked the highway going north...so went south w/o problems and then couldn't come north again...longest day ever! So not looking forward to going back just to pick up the piece of paper!

BUT if you don't go on the day that they tell you, you have to start over! A guy who was ahead of my fiance in the office showed up after the date they had told him and was told too bad, start over again!!! Crazy. So even though my friend has a cousin who works for the bus company and could possibly help us out, I am scared that he won't get there on the right day/time......so another day on the bus it is! I am soooooooooooo ready to be finished with this sillyness!!!

It is crazy! I travelled 3 times to Tegus from LaCeiba. First for medicals, second for interview and third to pick up passport with package. Just so you know, k1 visas are not issued the same day unless you are very very lucky. I went on a Tuesday for interview and even though the Consul told me it was going to be issued the same day, the guy that picks up the docs said to comeback on Monday.

Timeline

It is crazy! I travelled 3 times to Tegus from LaCeiba. First for medicals, second for interview and third to pick up passport with package. Just so you know, k1 visas are not issued the same day unless you are very very lucky. I went on a Tuesday for interview and even though the Consul told me it was going to be issued the same day, the guy that picks up the docs said to comeback on Monday.

Yes, it will be 3 times for us, too! Twice for police cert. and then we will do medical a couple of days before the interview and just stay there......and I am REALLY hoping that the visa is ready the next day. I don't mind if it's not ready on the same day as the interview but I hope it is ready the same week so we don't have to come home and go back again....

January 9, 2012 NOA1

Oct. 8, 2012 Medical

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.