NickangeL2008

Infopass in CA

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi All,

I'm asking this question to help my aunt who is sponsoring her husband. They are located in CA and currently applying for naturalization. If you had been on an infopass appt. in CA, could you let me know if it was helpful to your case?

If you have time, you can read the story below.

The husband went in for biometrics on May 28th, but had not received interview letter as of today (8/15). I had checked timeline for people who sent in their application in March and April, it seems to me that normally people received their interview letter in about a month. I have seen some people who received their letter in 2 months, but it has been 2 and a half months for my Aunt's husband.

What do you think? Should they try to make infopass appointmen?

Thanks in advance,

--Angel

Sweet coffee makes me imagine, black coffee makes me write

Someone said that USCIS won't do anything unless it's been 6 months after anything. Maybe I'm wrong but what you can do is give them a call and ask them for a status update regarding that case.

InfoPass can help too but you gotta tell us WHICH field office in CA you are talking about.

Timeline

Someone said that USCIS won't do anything unless it's been 6 months after anything. Maybe I'm wrong but what you can do is give them a call and ask them for a status update regarding that case.

InfoPass can help too but you gotta tell us WHICH field office in CA you are talking about.

Thank you Steve D. I will let them know about the 6 months waiting period. I just thought that calling wouldn't help that much so it's better to make infopass appt. I didn't realize that there are many field office in CA.... I think they are close to LA. Thanks again.

Thank you Steve D. I will let them know about the 6 months waiting period. I just thought that calling wouldn't help that much so it's better to make infopass appt. I didn't realize that there are many field office in CA.... I think they are close to LA. Thanks again.

You are welcome.

There are few offices around LA, see if you can figure out exactly which field office they are suppose to go. The experiences varies.

Timeline

You are welcome.

There are few offices around LA, see if you can figure out exactly which field office they are suppose to go. The experiences varies.

I found out that they are going to LA downtown office. They are going to wait a little longer before making the appt. They are just nervous that USCIS lost their package.

I found out that they are going to LA downtown office. They are going to wait a little longer before making the appt. They are just nervous that USCIS lost their package.

The downtown LA office is one of the busiest USCIS field office in the whole country.

What I suggest you to do is have them call the USCIS FIRST, put in a service request and talk to a TIER 2 rep. if possible. Now if they still don't hear back after a month or two, THEN make an InfoPass to the LA office.

I suggest you make an early appointment. Last time I was there I had an 8 AM on Wednesday. I arrived at 7:30 and the security line went around the building. Arrive early will do you a HUGE favor. I was out by 8:45 after waited for 15 minutes and having an i-551 stamped.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

The downtown LA office is one of the busiest USCIS field office in the whole country.

What I suggest you to do is have them call the USCIS FIRST, put in a service request and talk to a TIER 2 rep. if possible. Now if they still don't hear back after a month or two, THEN make an InfoPass to the LA office.

I suggest you make an early appointment. Last time I was there I had an 8 AM on Wednesday. I arrived at 7:30 and the security line went around the building. Arrive early will do you a HUGE favor. I was out by 8:45 after waited for 15 minutes and having an i-551 stamped.

Thanks SO MUCH for all the details and tips. I will definitely let them know!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.