khwaidee1

Sending in Packet 3 tomorrow!

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I already posted this in the general forum but thought I would post it here to just to get any input you guys might have specific to the Bangkok Embassy. I have checked, rechecked and then double rechecked everything. Went over everything my fiancee has this morning to make sure everything is signed and copied before she sends it EMS tomorrow. A little anxious and impatient! Thanks in advance!

Here is what my fiancee has ready to submit per the Packet 3 Instructions she got on Tuesday (I had everything already ready to go) as well as some additional documentation. She's paid the application fee and had her medical exam Tuesday with the results and x-rays given to her. Here's what we're submitting with Packet 3:

-Form DS-2001 Notification of Applicant Readiness (signed original)

-A copy of my Thailand Passport

-A copy of my Thai birth certificate and certified translation

-A copy of my name change and certified translation

-A certified copy of the Petitioner’s Final Divorce Decree

-Application Form DS-230 Part 1 (signed original)

-Application Form DS-156 (signed original)

-Application Form DS-156K (signed original)

-Application Form DS-157 (signed original)

-Two color photographs of Applicant

-A copy of the receipt for the application fee of US$240

-A copy of Form I-134 Affidavit of Support (signed original)

-A copy of Petitioner’s Passport, all pages

-A copy of Petitioner’s 2011 IRS Form 1040

-A copy of Petitioner’s IRS 2011 Tax Return Transcript

-A copy of Petitioner’s 2011 IRS Schedule K-1 Form 1056

-A copy of Petitioner’s 2010 IRS Schedule K-1 Form 1056

-A copy of Petitioner’s 2009 IRS Schedule K-1 Form 1056

-A copy of Petitioner’s Employment Status Letter

-Copies of Petitioner’s Paychecks from January 2012 to present

-A copy of Form I-797 Approval Notice

-A copy of my Thai Police Clearance Certificate

-A copy of my Marital Status Certificate and certified translation

Since Bangkok has been setting interviews within 10 days to 2 weeks after getting Packet 3, here's what we have for Packet 4 to show evidence of meeting in the last two years (I've been there January, April and June of this year) and heaps of evidence of an ongoing relationship (about 60 photos over the last 2 years with dates, location and people written on the back, phone and text logs with selected months over the last 2 years, all boarding passes and passport stamps, e-mails, engagement ring receipt, cards to and from each other with envelope showing cancelled postage, a few train and plane tickets around Thailand and Cambodia, Express Mail receipts for packages I sent her/she sent me).

Trying to be prepared as possible and will accompany her to the interview although I know I cannot attend. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Edited by khwaidee1

Timeline

Others can correct me, but I believe that the 156K is signed in front of the officer.

The signature block is headed by:

DO NOT WRITE BELOW THIS LINE

The Consular Officer will assist you in answering this part.

Timeline

Others can correct me, but I believe that the 156K is signed in front of the officer.

The signature block is headed by:

DO NOT WRITE BELOW THIS LINE

The Consular Officer will assist you in answering this part.

You are correct. I did not tell her to sign that one. That was just my list for our cover letter, will make the correction. Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.