Converts

I-485 case status question.

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country:
Timeline

Hello everyone!

My spouse and I went for my I-485 and her I-130 interview at USCIS Sacramento, CA on August 13, 2012. I went back home and check my onine status several hours later and it was at Card/Document production. I was really confused and a little bit worried. The next day, I checked my case status online again and it said this:

On August 14, 2012, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later.

And I checked my spouse's case status and it said that her petition is approved. We were so happy thinking that our case are approved. But today, I checked some forums to make sure that we got it right and stumbled at this thread that said, when you get notice like the one that I had, it means that USCIS is still reviewing my case, so it's not confirm yet that my case is approved. Is that right? I am a little bit worry, because now I feel like our happiness and everything is like false hope. They said that because at the bottom of the notice, USCIS also added:

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

Can someone please explain to us? Thank you so much!

p/s: I haven't get the notice or anything in E-mail yet.

Edited by Converts

I will tell you we got my husband's GC before the approval notice. I wouldn't worry too much. If they needed something from you, they would send an RFE and I doubt your status would have been changed to Card in Production. Also, we got his card within 4 days (not 30). But, if I'm wrong please come back and report to us so we can maybe help you out a bit on getting whatever they need!

Total elapsed time between filing I-129F to GC in hand 569 days or 1 Year, 6 months, 22 days.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Your greencard production should be ordered in around 4-5 days, all you need to do is relax and wait for the card to arrive.

My wife received the permanent residence status notification email on 8/9/12, the actual letter arrived 2 days later. We received the email that Greencard production was ordered 8/14/12 and the email that the Greencard was shipped out today 8/15/12, and we expect to receive it in a matter of days.

Sometimes it's more stressful to go through forums and subconsciously come up with all kinds of doomsdays scenarios. You should have no problems.

Edited by tcTTct

Timeline

Thank you both. I am just worried because I haven't received any e-mail from them yet about the approval. I didn't received any email about my EAD too and the next thing I know, it was already on its way to my home address when I checked the online case status. I wonder if this is the same with my GC application. It's been a long journey for my spouse and I, that's why we are a little bit nervous. Thanks for all of your response, we really appreciate them.

Timeline

Thank you both. I am just worried because I haven't received any e-mail from them yet about the approval. I didn't received any email about my EAD too and the next thing I know, it was already on its way to my home address when I checked the online case status. I wonder if this is the same with my GC application. It's been a long journey for my spouse and I, that's why we are a little bit nervous. Thanks for all of your response, we really appreciate them.

Just checked my status update online:

On August 16, 2012, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.

Now I can breathe and sleep at night lol. I'm guessing it's like my EAD card, they didn't send me any e-mails about it. But we are glad that our GC is approved though. Thank you for all the response.

Just checked my status update online:

On August 16, 2012, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you.

Now I can breathe and sleep at night lol. I'm guessing it's like my EAD card, they didn't send me any e-mails about it. But we are glad that our GC is approved though. Thank you for all the response.

Congrats to you friend! Now relax. :)

Total elapsed time between filing I-129F to GC in hand 569 days or 1 Year, 6 months, 22 days.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.