interested08

Left after K-1 w/out AP - Now to file CR-1

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi all,

This is really a "good to see you all again" post from me. Here's the deal:

June 3rd 2011: Fiance came to the US on a K-1 Visa

July 2nd 2011: Married

September 7th 2011: Husband left the country without filing AOS, so no AP. (96 days after arrival)

Now, I know we need to file for CR-1 for him to come back. What potential problems could we face? I know that the K-1 is valid for 90 days. Will he be considered an overstay since there was no AOS? Will that trigger a ban? What else may come up?

Thank you!

There is no ban since it was less then 180 days, but I would definitely prepare a good reason, on why he left and AOS was never filed, as this would need to be explained in the interview.

event.png

event.png

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.