titantom

Paying for Visa and Scheduling Interview - On ustraveldocs

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I have a question for you that recently scheduled your interview... Are you required to wait to be notified by the Embassy before you can pay the VISA Fees and schedule the interview?

Our paperwork has been sent to Moscow and we have a case number, but have not been notified by the Embassy in any way. My Fiancee is already registered on ustraveldocs, and that was done by a representative over the phone. I can see where we can log in, pay the fees by CC and it says you can schedule afterwards, but I have also seen where some people have received email notifications or letters from the Embassy with instructions. We have not received anything and its kinda soon, but we are both going to be in Moscow in 3 weeks and would like to interview together if we can get everything going and get an appointment for that week.

Thanks for any information about this part of the process and the notifications from the Embassy...

K1 VISA / I129F

Vermont Service Center

Received: 1/19/2012

NOA1: 1/23/2012

Touched: 2/9/2012

NOA2: 7/30/2012

NVC Received: 08/08/2012

NVC Fwd To Consulate: 08/10/2012

Notification From Embassy: 08/27/2012

Interview: 09/25/2012 (Approved)

POE: 10/22/2012

Wedding: 10/26/2012

• 1 month later...
Timeline

I have a question for you that recently scheduled your interview... Are you required to wait to be notified by the Embassy before you can pay the VISA Fees and schedule the interview?

Our paperwork has been sent to Moscow and we have a case number, but have not been notified by the Embassy in any way. My Fiancee is already registered on ustraveldocs, and that was done by a representative over the phone. I can see where we can log in, pay the fees by CC and it says you can schedule afterwards, but I have also seen where some people have received email notifications or letters from the Embassy with instructions. We have not received anything and its kinda soon, but we are both going to be in Moscow in 3 weeks and would like to interview together if we can get everything going and get an appointment for that week.

Thanks for any information about this part of the process and the notifications from the Embassy...

How did this end up working out for you, I am in the same boat right now. Our packet is on the way to the consolate, should be delivered on Monday, and I have already paid the consulate fee. We are trying to figure out if we need to wait for the packet 3 or if we can go ahead and schedule the interview now.

Thanks,

Rich

05/24/12 - Mailed I-129F to USCIS

05/29/12 - NOA1 received

08/30/12 - NOA2 received. Petition approved.

09/03/12 - NOA2 Hard copy received in mail.

09/11/12 - NVC Received petition.

09/13/12 - Left NVC, sent via DHL to Moscow. Expected delivery 9/17/2012

09/19/12 - Email Received confirming consulate received and processed petition. Invited to schedule Interview

10/10/12 - Interview APPROVED !!!!

Timeline

How did this end up working out for you, I am in the same boat right now. Our packet is on the way to the consolate, should be delivered on Monday, and I have already paid the consulate fee. We are trying to figure out if we need to wait for the packet 3 or if we can go ahead and schedule the interview now.

Thanks,

Rich

They want you to receive some kind of notification from them first and will repeatedly tell you this if you try to discuss it with the Embassy or VISA Service Desk. However, we went online, paid the fees, and scheduled before receiving anything. About 4 days before the notification came. She never actually received anything physically. I received an email from the Embassy Consular Unit with an English - Russian Word Doc attached, telling us what to do and to forward it to my fiancee. It came about 2 - 2.5 weeks after our files left NVC. One person recently told me that they scheduled too early, and their appointment was cancelled internally and they had to wait and schedule again.

We wanted an earlier appointment than what we have, but were unsuccessful getting it moved up. We were together in Moscow a little over a week ago and wanted to interview together. So anyway, I only attended the Medical Exam... WooHoo... :) So I know a little about that... We were also able to find the Embassy and learn the Metro a little to make her familiar. She goes back next week for the interview. So that's our timeline... Hope this helps a little...

K1 VISA / I129F

Vermont Service Center

Received: 1/19/2012

NOA1: 1/23/2012

Touched: 2/9/2012

NOA2: 7/30/2012

NVC Received: 08/08/2012

NVC Fwd To Consulate: 08/10/2012

Notification From Embassy: 08/27/2012

Interview: 09/25/2012 (Approved)

POE: 10/22/2012

Wedding: 10/26/2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks,

Rich

You must wait. If you try to schedule it earlier, they WILL cancel it. Once they contact you with the interview date, then you can setup the medical appointment and be there. It sucks, but you must wait. In my case, I had to wait 5 weeks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.