BruceL

Manila CFO account

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ah the controversial seminar.tongue.gif Love it or hate it!

BRING your petitioners BIRTH CERT and DIVORCE CERT (if applicable) !! Copy is fine. They will just look at it.

There were some that had to come back the next day with those papers.. and take the seminar again! unsure.gif Not sure if they have to pay again.

My fiance said the instructor had a lot of experience counseling abused women overseas. So her focus was to prevent that.

If you are not confident or sure of yourself, they might pick up on that and grill you. They want to help prevent anyone getting exploited. If that is not you, then you have nothing to fear right?

The web site says 9am - 12pm but it didn't start that day until 10:30 and finished at 3:00. Waiting for the certificate took another hour. Out at 4pm. So be careful of your schedule!!

Get there early and eat a big breakfast. Bring biscuits for snacks.

BRING your petitioners BIRTH CERT and DIVORCE CERT (if applicable) !! Copy is fine. They will just look at it.

There were some that had to come back the next day with those papers.. and take the seminar again! unsure.gif Not sure if they have to pay again.

My fiance said the instructor had a lot of experience counseling abused women overseas. So her focus was to prevent that.

If you are not confident or sure of yourself, they might pick up on that and grill you. They want to help prevent anyone getting exploited. If that is not you, then you have nothing to fear right?

The web site says 9am - 12pm but it didn't start that day until 10:30 and finished at 3:00. Waiting for the certificate took another hour. Out at 4pm. So be careful of your schedule!!

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

12/16/2011 - Arrived In Philippines
12/23/2011 - Married In Philippines
01/05/2012 - Returned to HAWAII
USCIS
02/02/2012 - I-130 Sent (USPS)
02/05/2011 - Package arrived at chicago lockbox
02/06/2012 - NOA1
02/09/2012 - Received NOA1 797c form via usps
05/31/2012 - I-130 Approved (checked status online)
06/04/2012 - Received NOA2 hardcopy via usps

NVC
06/25/2012 - NVC received from USCIS
06/27/2012 - Received Case# & IID via phone
06/27/2012 - Emailed DS-3032 to NVC/automated response received

07/06/2012 - NVC rejected DS-3032 email, Called NVC (because my case has not yet been stored in their system)
07/08/2012 - Re-Emailed DS-3032 to NVC/automated response received (composed new E-mail)

07/09/2012 - Paid AOS bill online ($88)
07/11/2012 - AOS bill shows PAID
07/12/2012 - AOS package sent express mail via USPS
07/16/2012 - AOS package shows "DELIVERED" via USPS
07/20/2012 - DS-3032 (Choice of Agent) email accepted
07/20/2012 - AOS Package Accepted
07/23/2012 - IV bill invoiced
07/23/2012 - Paid IV bill online ($230)
07/25/2012 - IV bill shows PAID
07/25/2012 - IV package sent via UPS
07/27/2012 - IV package shows "DELIVERED" via UPS
08/01/2012 - IV Package Accepted
08/01/2012 - Case complete

US Embassy Manila

08/13/2012 - Med Day1 (Physical, Xray, blood test)
08/14/2012 - Med Day2 (Sputum required due to xray results) 6months treatment =(
05/14/2013 - Interview (approved!!)

06/17/2013 - VISA status "ISSUED"

06/21/2013 - VISA Delivered!!

06/29/2013 - ARRIVED IN HAWAII !!

06/16/2015 - FILED I-751 (USCIS RECEIVED ON 06/19/2015, But sent papers back to me for missing info on application papers. Re-sent on 06/23/2015)

07/02/2015 - Received I-797 Letter (Notice Of Action)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have a question about the timing of the CFO.

If the course is taken before the interview, they only issue a certificate. My question is what happens after you get your visa?

Do you have to go back in person and show them the visa?

I am assuming that you do have to go back in person. If so, will they give you the sticker or whatever it is that they need to give you rigth there or do they mail it or do something else to make it more difficult?

I am asking because I want to have my fiance get the entire process completed and have a visa before I arrive. If I have her meet me in Manila, I hope that we can go right to the CFO, get her sticker and docuemnts and be done with the complete prcess (meaning that we will not have any problems with her leaving with me to go to the USA.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

On their site, It is stated on number 4 for the requirements to bring "other documents" that maybe asked by the counselors. It is really not clear what documents might that be. To be on the safe side, bring all the paper works that one had or will bring to the us embassy. In this way, applicant will have the confidence during the cfo seminar/registration. I did it this way, They didn't give me a hard time. As the saying goes, I had my ducks in a row.

Edited by let-it-be

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks buddy - I will share with my fiancee

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

I have a question about the timing of the CFO.

If the course is taken before the interview, they only issue a certificate. My question is what happens after you get your visa?

Do you have to go back in person and show them the visa?

I am assuming that you do have to go back in person. If so, will they give you the sticker or whatever it is that they need to give you rigth there or do they mail it or do something else to make it more difficult?

I am asking because I want to have my fiance get the entire process completed and have a visa before I arrive. If I have her meet me in Manila, I hope that we can go right to the CFO, get her sticker and docuemnts and be done with the complete prcess (meaning that we will not have any problems with her leaving with me to go to the USA.

Yes, you have to go back in person after you get your visa. Bring the certificate of attendance, passport with visa and a photocopy of both, 2x2 pic, valid ID. You will be required to fill out an information sheet for Filipino emigrants (or you can fill out and print the form in advance: http://www.cfo.gov.ph/pdf/downloadable%20forms/registrationform.pdf) You also have to pay Php400.

They give the sticker right there.

USCIS

10/01/11 - Filed (2) I-130's

10/04/11 - NOA-1

04/05/12 - NOA-2

Your I-130 was approved in 184 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

04/23/12 - NVC received both cases (18 days/12 business days from NOA-2)

05/07/12 - Case numbers and IIN's (14 days/10 business days since NVC received)

05/07/12 - Sent out DS-3032 by email; auto-response received

05/08/12 - AOS fee invoiced, paid - "IN PROCESS"

05/09/12 - AOS fee shows as "PAID"

05/10/12 - Spouse's DS-3032 accepted; minor child's rejected = had petitioner call NVC = received verbal acceptance from operator

05/11/12 - Spouse's IV fee invoiced

05/14/12 - Daughter's IV fee invoiced, paid both IV fees - "IN PROCESS"

05/15/12 - Both IV fees show as "PAID"

05/16/12 - Sent both AOS and both IV packages to NVC via USPS (expected delivery: 05/19/12)

05/21/12 - All 4 packages delivered

05/30/12 - Received checklist for daughter's AOS

05/31/12 - Sent response to checklist via USPS (expected delivery: 06/01/12); Spouse's case completed

06/07/12 - Daughter's case completed; waiting for interview date

06/14/12 - P4 received: interview date 07/11/12

Embassy

07/04-05/12 - Medical at SLEC

07/11/12 - Interview: APPROVED!

07/14/12 - Visas on hand

POE: 10/17/12

GC's on hand: 10/31/12

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.