18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I did my interview on 25th July 2012 at the Nairobi Embassy and was approved and told to pick my visa after one week with the DHL. Since then there has been no waybill No. on their site. I tried calling them but they say there is no problem and that i should be patient and wait... what can be the problem? This is so stressing... waiting for 20 days without any information..

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Kenya

Marriage (if applicable): 2011-08-13

I-130 Sent : 2011-09-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2011-10-03

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : 2012-03-30

NVC Received : 2012-04-16

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2012-05-07

Pay I-864 Bill 2012-05-08

Receive I-864 Package : 2012-05-07

Return Completed I-864 : 2012-05-11

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2012-05-09

Receive IV Bill : 2012-05-15

Pay IV Bill : 2012-05-15

Receive Instruction Package : 2012-05-18

Case Completed at NVC :

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

after your approval did you pay a fee to have your visa delivered dhl you have a receipt,call that number, also call the consulate an complain its been more then 20 days,mybe you should post this in the kenya portal,people with knowledeable how the visa delivery system works there.

Timeline

Congratulation on your approval!!!

I'm sure all will be fine, you have survived through the hardest part of the process. I have heard of several people who had to wait longer than a week to receive the visa and they did :thumbs: :thumbs:

I-129F

July of 2010: We met in Eritrean when I was on vacation.

August of 2010: Returned to U.S and we spoke on the phone everyday and still do (very costly).

December of 2010 to January 2011: went back to Eritrea to see him.

January 11, 2011- Engaged.

March 2, 2011: I-129F sent

March 13, 2012: Second interview. Placed on Administrative Processing.

October 16, 2012: Case sent back to USCIS

November 16, 2012 Case reaffirmed and sent back to the Department of State (according to the USCIS SITE)

November 28, 2012 Vermont Service Center received Petition back from Embassy.

March 2013- Returned K1 validity expired. Here we go again.... !

I-130

March 15, 2013 Married

April 29, 2013 Filed I-130

May 2, 2013: Received NOA1 via text/email

May 6, 2013: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail

XX- XX, 2013: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!

XX- XX, 2013: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail

XX- X, 2013: NVC received file

XX- X, 2013: NVC case number assigned

Timeline

I did my interview on 25th July 2012 at the Nairobi Embassy and was approved and told to pick my visa after one week with the DHL. Since then there has been no waybill No. on their site. I tried calling them but they say there is no problem and that i should be patient and wait... what can be the problem? This is so stressing... waiting for 20 days without any information..

Hi there i'm new here, i just joined because i saw ur post and i'm in the same situation. i did my interview on 17 july 2012 us embassy in nairobi and i was approved and the co told me i will receive my passport with the visa at the dhl that i had selected, bt the following day i got i call from the embassy, and the lady told me that my case is placed in administrative processing and once they are done they will call me and not to call them till 90 days are passed, but upto now i have never heard from them. so i'm just waiting i hope all will be well and they will be able to issue my visa soon. if u dont mind update me if anything turns up on urs and all the best i hope they will issue one is so frustrating period

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

The only problem is that they certainly take their sweet old time in doing their job...sadly enough. You can email them and keep the lines of communication open, and just try your best to be patient and wait. It'll come. If you're placed into Administrative Processing, then they are just doing a few more background checks hopefully, and all you can do is wait. Ben waited nearly three weeks from the interview until the visa was in his hand (with me freaking out and losing my whole entire mind, LOL). Yes, it's horribly frustrating...if anything, this process teaches you to have much patience. Think of it this way, at least you weren't outright denied and having to start all over again...that should help :star: Be patient and stay blessed.

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Timeline

The only problem is that they certainly take their sweet old time in doing their job...sadly enough. You can email them and keep the lines of communication open, and just try your best to be patient and wait. It'll come. If you're placed into Administrative Processing, then they are just doing a few more background checks hopefully, and all you can do is wait. Ben waited nearly three weeks from the interview until the visa was in his hand (with me freaking out and losing my whole entire mind, LOL). Yes, it's horribly frustrating...if anything, this process teaches you to have much patience. Think of it this way, at least you weren't outright denied and having to start all over again...that should help :star: Be patient and stay blessed.

thanks for this encouraging words, it feels gd to know pple who went through this dark hole and got their visa. did u guyz ever find out what was the cause for ur case?

Timeline

Hi there i'm new here, i just joined because i saw ur post and i'm in the same situation. i did my interview on 17 july 2012 us embassy in nairobi and i was approved and the co told me i will receive my passport with the visa at the dhl that i had selected, bt the following day i got i call from the embassy, and the lady told me that my case is placed in administrative processing and once they are done they will call me and not to call them till 90 days are passed, but upto now i have never heard from them. so i'm just waiting i hope all will be well and they will be able to issue my visa soon. if u dont mind update me if anything turns up on urs and all the best i hope they will issue one is so frustrating period

As sorry to here someone who is going through the same thing that is happening to us. When they gave u the AP they didn't say the reason? mostly is given to guys who were not born in Kenya. What is ur nationality? don't worry it will be over before u know it. my case is a bit different with your becoz they never put me in Administrative processing or tell me anything or even ask for any document. when i call them they tell me everything is ok i just wait. am supposed to call them today ... will keep u posted...

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

Case Completed at NVC :

Timeline

Thanks alot for ur encouragement! we are trying all our best to be patient... but they are taking long time to reply our emails... n when we call its as if there is something they misplaced n don't want to admit i will know if all is well today after i call them as they instructed me yesterday... if they could have asked for any document we would have understood... in our case they are not asking for anything n they say everything is ok......

Edited by Ndungu

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

Case Completed at NVC :

Timeline

Congratulation on your approval!!!

I'm sure all will be fine, you have survived through the hardest part of the process. I have heard of several people who had to wait longer than a week to receive the visa and they did :thumbs: :thumbs:

Thanks!

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

Case Completed at NVC :

Timeline

As sorry to here someone who is going through the same thing that is happening to us. When they gave u the AP they didn't say the reason? mostly is given to guys who were not born in Kenya. What is ur nationality? don't worry it will be over before u know it. my case is a bit different with your becoz they never put me in Administrative processing or tell me anything or even ask for any document. when i call them they tell me everything is ok i just wait. am supposed to call them today ... will keep u posted...

I'm a kenyan citizen, and they never gave me any reason why they put me in AP. At my interview the CO just asked me three question and he told me ur approved and gave me the green approval slip, and he said my visa will be ready in one week time. Though i can say is the security check issue, coz was in US before on a student visa which went out of status and was picked up by dhs and issued NTA and due to family emergencies my lawyer and i decided to take a voluntary dep, before IJ, SO i think they are just trying to pull out my immigration records or i was ever arrested for PI though presented the arrest record to the co and i think they just wanna make sure they are valid from the ncic system. I have confident all is going to be well, is just the all process is driving me and my wife crazy.

Timeline

I'm a kenyan citizen, and they never gave me any reason why they put me in AP. At my interview the CO just asked me three question and he told me ur approved and gave me the green approval slip, and he said my visa will be ready in one week time. Though i can say is the security check issue, coz was in US before on a student visa which went out of status and was picked up by dhs and issued NTA and due to family emergencies my lawyer and i decided to take a voluntary dep, before IJ, SO i think they are just trying to pull out my immigration records or i was ever arrested for PI though presented the arrest record to the co and i think they just wanna make sure they are valid from the ncic system. I have confident all is going to be well, is just the all process is driving me and my wife crazy.

Then i think it wont be long... u will be through.... imagine i have just called them and they told me that my file has been missing and they call find it.... how can this happen to me... so devastated ... they told me its them to call them now.... i don't know what to do so helpless....

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

Case Completed at NVC :

Timeline

Then i think it wont be long... u will be through.... imagine i have just called them and they told me that my file has been missing and they call find it.... how can this happen to me... so devastated ... they told me its them to call them now.... i don't know what to do so helpless....

Dnt worry they will find it, i think is because of the changes they are working on, bt am sure its in there and i hope they find it soon, just pray will pray for u. did u mean they said they gonna call u and nt u call them?

Timeline

Dnt worry they will find it, i think is because of the changes they are working on, bt am sure its in there and i hope they find it soon, just pray will pray for u. did u mean they said they gonna call u and not u call them?

Thanks for the comforting words! i meat its them to call me.. but i will call them tomoro also..

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

Case Completed at NVC :

Timeline

Thanks for the comforting words! i meat its them to call me.. but i will call them tomoro also..

yeah just keep calling them, coz if the file is missing then u need to b calling to remind them. For me emailed them last week and they told me nt to cal or email them till 90 days are passed and if the process is done then they will give me a call, so i'm gonna give them these week then will try calling the dos. keep me posted and i wish u all the best. i'm sure God will get us out of this mess and we will be able to re-unite our lovely ones soon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

thanks for this encouraging words, it feels gd to know pple who went through this dark hole and got their visa. did u guyz ever find out what was the cause for ur case?

For some reason, Ben had to return to the Embassy to have his fingerprints retaken. That's what our hold up was. They apologized for the inconvenience. I have no idea what was wrong with the first set of prints or why they had to be retaken. I am just thankful they called him and asked him to come back to have it done as soon as they did. They told him he could pick up his passport at the Embassy two days later instead of using DHL since we were already inconvenienced.

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.