solidus taxi

Police clearance certificate

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Under F2B category, do I need to secure police clearance certificates from all the places or cities I've lived before for more than 6 months here in the Philippines since reaching 16 years of age or older? or this is only needed if the applicant stayed in other countries for more than 6 months or more as part of the documents needed prior to the interview. The only police clearance I secured was the one where I am currently residing this time, my hometown. Thank you.

Edited by mauski

Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.- Mark 11:24

yes you should. I know someone who resided in Bulacan and received a checklist from NVC asking for police clearance from that place.

case3.jpg

*CONTINUATION

Received 221g(NBI with AKA)

Sept 5, 2012- sent requested document

Sept 6, 2012- Received doc at USEM by Mr. Leonilo Bernardino

Sept 10, 2012- called USEM and VISA WAS ISSUED

Sept 13, 2012- RECEIVED MY VISA

Sept 14, 2012- CFO seminar done(SMEF-COW)

SEPT 22, 2012- HAPPY FOREVER AFTER

Timeline

yes you should. I know someone who resided in Bulacan and received a checklist from NVC asking for police clearance from that place.

Yes I have one police clearance certificate secured from where I am living originally now, that's it. What I am asking, from other places that I stayed before here in the Philippines for more than 6 months. I want to know if I still need to secure police clearance certificates from those places or no need.

Edited by mauski

Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.- Mark 11:24

Yes I have one police clearance certificate secured from where I am living originally now, that's it. What I am asking, from other places that I stayed before here in the Philippines for more than 6 months. I want to know if I still need to secure police clearance certificates from those places or no need.

yes if you lived in other places other than the place you are living right now. Based in the experience of my Godmother. The person i am referring to who resided in Bulacan. Bit lets see what others thinks of this.

case3.jpg

*CONTINUATION

Received 221g(NBI with AKA)

Sept 5, 2012- sent requested document

Sept 6, 2012- Received doc at USEM by Mr. Leonilo Bernardino

Sept 10, 2012- called USEM and VISA WAS ISSUED

Sept 13, 2012- RECEIVED MY VISA

Sept 14, 2012- CFO seminar done(SMEF-COW)

SEPT 22, 2012- HAPPY FOREVER AFTER

All I know is NVC only wants the NBI clearance. They want police clearance if ou live in another country for more that 6 months other than the Philippines.

I130 for mom

NOA1 March 1,2010

touched April 8,2010

email approval 6/23/10

NOA2 received 6/28/2010

NVC case# assigned 7/2/2010

aos fee bill&ds3032 received 7/8/2010

aos fee paid and emailed ds3032 7/8/2010

iv bill paid 7/12/10

iv packet mailed 7/13/10

aos packet scanned 7/20/10

iv packet scanned 7/22/10

case complete 8/18/10

Under F2B category, do I need to secure police clearance certificates from all the places or cities I've lived before for more than 6 months here in the Philippines since reaching 16 years of age or older? or this is only needed if the applicant stayed in other countries for more than 6 months or more as part of the documents needed prior to the interview. The only police clearance I secured was the one where I am currently residing this time, my hometown. Thank you.

In my case, my hubby sent my police clearance to NVC and I just took NBI clearance which I will need for the interview.

if you haven't gone out of the Philippines for more than 6mo. then NBI clearance is good.

Our Time Line
---------------------------
CR-1/CR-2
---------------------------

USCIS Stage: (13 DAYS)
Apr 15, 2012 - Filed I-130 ($420 x2)
Apr 19, 2012 - NOA-1
May 2, 2012 - NOA-2

NVC STAGE: (56 DAYS)
05/21/12 - Case finally entered into NVC system
05/25/12 - Received case #, IIN, and BIN, gave e-mail addresses, sent optin e-mail
05/25/12 - Received info package and AOS bill e-mails from NVC
05/25/12 - AOS bill invoiced & paid ($88)
05/29/12 - AOS bill appears as PAID
06/01/12 - IV Bill Invoiced & PAID ($230 x2)
06/04/12 - IV Bill Shows PAID
06/15/12 - AOS & IV Packages sent
07/02/12 - RFE email received
07/06/12 - Sent NSO copy of MC and BC
07/16/12 - Case Complete (2nd Wedding Anniversary)
08/01/12 - Interview Date Assigned -->>>>(Sept.5, 2012@ 6:15am)

Medical/CFO / Consulate / POE:
08/29/2012-------- Medical Exam: PASSED
08/30/2012 ---------Advance CFO @SMEF-COW
09/05/2012-------- Interview: VISA APPROVED!!!!

09/11/2012 ------- VISA RECEIVED!
10/02/2012 -------- POE = Honolulu, Hawaii
Welcome to Hawaii

10/18/2012 - received 10yr. GC & SSN#

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

They are referring to the NBI clearance. The police certificate they are referring to is if you have lived more than six months in a certain country (outside the Philippines). So, if you have not lived/worked outside the Philippines for more than six months since reaching the age of 16, then you should only acquire the NBI clearance with the note "travel to USA" on it.

Been there, done that, and I am also under F2B category.

Timeline

They are referring to the NBI clearance. The police certificate they are referring to is if you have lived more than six months in a certain country (outside the Philippines). So, if you have not lived/worked outside the Philippines for more than six months since reaching the age of 16, then you should only acquire the NBI clearance with the note "travel to USA" on it.

Been there, done that, and I am also under F2B category.

Salamat sa information po., but the NBI clearance I secured only states, "Immigration Purposes." No U.S.A. stated.

Edited by mauski

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Salamat sa information po., but the NBI clearance I secured only states, "Immigration Purposes." No U.S.A. stated.

Same as mine when I submitted the physical docs to NVC. But be sure to get a new one before your interview with the "travel to USA" indicated just to be on the safe side. Merong nagscreen ng docs during interview na mahigpit sa ganyan and it will cause you delay, kaya better have a new one before the interview.

Timeline

Same as mine when I submitted the physical docs to NVC. But be sure to get a new one before your interview with the "travel to USA" indicated just to be on the safe side. Merong nagscreen ng docs during interview na mahigpit sa ganyan and it will cause you delay, kaya better have a new one before the interview.

Thanks a bunch!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.