sasaqlain

Are Minor Traffic Violations considered as crime and should be mentioned?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Haiti
Timeline

I have been reading contradictory posts on VJ and would like some input from members with concrete knowledge on the issue. I received a ticket for talking on a cell phone while driving about 3 years ago. Ofcourse I paid it off within a week. I got the impression from posts here that such minor offenses are not to be mentioned and thus ticked "NO" to all such questions during the ROC. Everything went well and I did the same when filing for N400. Now I have come across posts where members are talking about ticking "Yes" to questions where it says if a crime/offense has been committed without arrest. If that is true, I may have made mistakes on my application and what should my next course of action be? I know, these petty offenses don't carry any weight, but I don't want to be held for lying, which was never my intention. Your advice and experience would be appreciated.

Thank You.

It is no big deal. I have do many traffics tickets and in my interview the officer didn't bother to ask me question abt them. They mention that on the n400 if the ticket was not over 500 dollars then u dt have to mention it int application. Sometimes when u readin other people post and other and the experiences its good but sometimes u worry too much over little thing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.