Matt&Maricel

CRBA/Passport

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee and I have an intact K-1 Visa for her to come to the US to marry me.

We're also in the process of filing a Consular Report of Birth Abroad / Passport Application for our baby girl. They've accepted a lot of the evidence and documents required that we presented them, but she's been sent home a second time now...citing a need for additional evidence of relationship prior to conception and/or DNA testing.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Her K-1 Visa expires in October so she has to (basically) move to the US at that time. If she goes, would the baby have to stay behind? It's a horrible thought.

We're worried sick.

Thanks.

Does she have the actual K-1 visa or it is just the petition. Why would they need relationship evidence for the child?

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Timeline

Does she have the actual K-1 visa or it is just the petition. Why would they need relationship evidence for the child?

She does have the actual K-1 Visa.

I think because I'm the US Citizen, not her. Hence, we need to provide some form of evidence that backs up our claim that she is, in fact, my child. Different, obviously, if the mother is the US Citizen.

Timeline

I have two friends that have been trying to get U.S passports for their daughter's. Their both currently living in the Phils. Both wives don't have any type of visa yet. They both have gone to the embassy and have gotten different requirements. One did not have to provide DNA test and the other one did. Thr young american guy interviewing my friend was not very nice either, he is the one who has to provide DNA test. So I guess it's not cut and dry. Sure hope we don't get the new young hotrod for our interview.

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Timeline

Hi I want to share my experience during the application of CRBA and US Passport for my new born baby. I received them via Air21 15 days after our interview, just last Friday. I am a K1 visa holder too and my visa will expire on Aug. 10 I guess u have an idea now how stressful to me the whole process since I gave birth last May 26, 5 days after my K1 interview at USEM. I had a rough process of getting the NSO copy of the bc because Quezon City LCR doesnt give advance endorsement. To make the story short, I had an interview last July 11 for CRBA but the Filipino screener didn't allow me to push through with the process because I have an incomplete requirements so I have to set another interview date and that was July 19. I finally got my baby's NSO copy of her BC July 18 at 6 pm after I poured a lot of tears in front of the LCR and NSO officials.

When it's my turn to talk with the CO, he thanked me first for having the most organized documents among all the applicants that day. Thank you for the Filipino screener who gave me tips on how to organize it. What I did is I arranged the pictures as proof of relationship and conception in chronological order. I put tab and labeled it. Example: ( 1st tab) 1st meeting April 29. - May 2, 2011 at South Korea. It includes my passport stamps and pictures together. (2nd tab) 2nd meeting... (3rd tab ) 3rd meeting... (4th tab) Proof of conception. It includes pregnancy test result and 1st ultrasound... (5th tab) 4th meeting... (6th tab) Proof of conception. Same thing ultrasound pictures..So on and so forth. Then 1 tab for western union receipts and 1 tab for emails. The Filipino screener told me that they only need to see the passport stamps, pictures together, western union receipts and ultrasound pictures. I binded them but I didn't not use any folder just simple clip is enough, the Filipino screener advised it too.

The CO liked what I did and didn't ask many questions. He approved it immediately.

I hope this will help future CRBA applicants.

• 7 months later...
Timeline

Hi I want to share my experience during the application of CRBA and US Passport for my new born baby. I received them via Air21 15 days after our interview, just last Friday. I am a K1 visa holder too and my visa will expire on Aug. 10 I guess u have an idea now how stressful to me the whole process since I gave birth last May 26, 5 days after my K1 interview at USEM. I had a rough process of getting the NSO copy of the bc because Quezon City LCR doesnt give advance endorsement. To make the story short, I had an interview last July 11 for CRBA but the Filipino screener didn't allow me to push through with the process because I have an incomplete requirements so I have to set another interview date and that was July 19. I finally got my baby's NSO copy of her BC July 18 at 6 pm after I poured a lot of tears in front of the LCR and NSO officials.

When it's my turn to talk with the CO, he thanked me first for having the most organized documents among all the applicants that day. Thank you for the Filipino screener who gave me tips on how to organize it. What I did is I arranged the pictures as proof of relationship and conception in chronological order. I put tab and labeled it. Example: ( 1st tab) 1st meeting April 29. - May 2, 2011 at South Korea. It includes my passport stamps and pictures together. (2nd tab) 2nd meeting... (3rd tab ) 3rd meeting... (4th tab) Proof of conception. It includes pregnancy test result and 1st ultrasound... (5th tab) 4th meeting... (6th tab) Proof of conception. Same thing ultrasound pictures..So on and so forth. Then 1 tab for western union receipts and 1 tab for emails. The Filipino screener told me that they only need to see the passport stamps, pictures together, western union receipts and ultrasound pictures. I binded them but I didn't not use any folder just simple clip is enough, the Filipino screener advised it too.

The CO liked what I did and didn't ask many questions. He approved it immediately.

I hope this will help future CRBA applicants.

Hi! Thank you for sharing your experience for the CRBA Application. I will be applying also for my son's CRBA and for his passport.

My question is do i have to do my K1 interview first or the CRBA Application?

Another question is i'll be using the original copies of my Money Grams Receipts for my K1 interview... so is it okay to submit photocopies of my Money Grams Receipts? Will they accept it?

Thank you in advance for your thoughts!!!

Timeline

My fiancee and I have an intact K-1 Visa for her to come to the US to marry me.

We're also in the process of filing a Consular Report of Birth Abroad / Passport Application for our baby girl. They've accepted a lot of the evidence and documents required that we presented them, but she's been sent home a second time now...citing a need for additional evidence of relationship prior to conception and/or DNA testing.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Her K-1 Visa expires in October so she has to (basically) move to the US at that time. If she goes, would the baby have to stay behind? It's a horrible thought.

We're worried sick.

Thanks.

I just went through this my fiancee had her visa already and it was gonna expire in a month and my sons CRBA/Passport came in just in time. Most likely you will have to so a DNA unless you are present at the child's birth and signed the birth certificate plus you have to go through a few bureaucracy in the philppines. I expected the DNA so i went and did it right when they told her she needed a DNA. If you do go through a DNA process do it ASAP do not wait after that its smooth sailing. Honestly CRBA does not take that long unless you have crappy documentation. It took 2 months for me with DNA process to get my sons US Passport and CRBA. Don't leave your kid in philippines it will be expensive. Well that's just my advice.

Timeline

magka iba ang case ng visa and crba. kahit wala pang visa ang d us citizen na parent they don't care basta na prove mo Lang na ang baby ay anak ng us citizen. kasi Nung nag crba ako sa baby ko may k1 na ko at malapit na na expire they didn't care. buti na Lang talaga umabot na makuha ko yung crba at us passport ng baby ko at naka Alis kami a day before mag expire visa ko. sobrang nakaka stress nun!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.